Brewster looks elsewhere

finmack

According to today's Evening Telegraph

07 June 2006

Caley knock back United approach

Dundee United boss Craig Brewster decided it was time to move on today after Inverness Caley rejected the Tangerines’ approaches for Ian Black and David Proctor (writes Graeme Finnan).

The Tannadice gaffer was hoping to bring the pair south as he attempts to rebuild his squad for next season.

However, the Highland club have knocked back their former boss and he will now turn his attention elsewhere.

“Caley have said ‘no’ to the Proctor and Black deal, so we’ll have to move on,” said Craig, who is still confident he can attract several new faces to the club before the season starts.

Can I encourage everyone to head over to the Yinited forum on the BBC to get it right up them! :015:

Can I also point out this prat!

procter would be a great buy but blacks not up to much,its the ability of the players around him that make space for his passes.anyone in the middle of the park should have great vision-and hes forever getting booked for frustration

Aye right chief! :015:

I'd rather have Proctor than Parratt.

The Yinited forum is hilarious. They ar enow claiming that Black isn't that good and they offered fair money for them. I can't find the guy that said that Black bought a house in Dundee though! :015:

EDIT: My day just keeps getting better and better! Brew is now after Richie Bryne! :015: :015: :015:

If this is right, we have probably missed out on making any money on Proctor.

Why????

Proc will stay, will prove his ability, sign an extention and be worth even more in a year or two. For all we know the guy maybe didn't want to go to scumdee anyway.

It's not the first time the Grocer has conducted his business through the media and I've no doubt it won't be the last.

I congratulate Charlie and Grassa for the way they've conducted themselves and here's hoping our boys get the chance to stick it right up Brewster on the opening day! :016: :016: :016:

Dods is the backbone of the team and should be held onto at any cost. At least until the current team matures a bit.

Black and Proctor are young and if ICT can get the money for them that they appear to be asking , can be allowed to leave . These two are not currently leadership material whereas Dods appears to be all that and more. :012:

I hate to be the harbinger of doom but this deal, behind the scenes is well and truly still ON. We give them Proctor and Black or we lose Dods.

IHE you truly are the Chick Young of this site :016:

Guest allygray

apparently proctor didnt want to go anyway, said there was no chance he was going down to dundee.

Guest InvernessC***y THISTLE

Personally my disappointment was when bennett didn't simply tell brewster GTF

It would have saved a lot of speculation