End of Season Party - split posts

caley100

Maimie - thanks for that - you may recall I had the courtesy to send you a message making you aware that a few site users were arranging an event for the end of July and to check that it did not clash or come close to anything which the Supporters Club were organising (we even made the offer of allowing the Supporters Club/Trust the option to run a raffle or something to raise funds from it).  I fully understand the issues with arranging venues etc etc.  Unfortunately all the work that has gone in to arranging our event will now have been wasted as we were not afforded the same courtesey we afforded you.

Maimie - thanks for that - you may recall I had the courtesy to send you a message making you aware that a few site users were arranging an event for the end of July and to check that it did not clash or come close to anything which the Supporters Club were organising (we even made the offer of allowing the Supporters Club/Trust the option to run a raffle or something to raise funds from it).  I fully understand the issues with arranging venues etc etc.  Unfortunately all the work that has gone in to arranging our event will now have been wasted as we were not afforded the same courtesey we afforded you.

CD - i remember having the discussion but was not aware that you had fixed a date

unfortunately our hands were very much tied by both the fixture list and the club and there was very little else we could do.

I understand that Maimie - but had you come back and said that due to arrangement issues you were looking at end of July then it would have saved me, and others, wasted work.  We have written to Police, written to and visited the Council to get permission etc.  I have called in favours from people to make things available to me which they will have refused other bookings on, and now I will look a right plum when I turn round and say "sorry you my have lost bookings there I no longer need it"

You knew we were looking at end of July, the very least you could have done was checked after we had afforded you the courtesy of checking with you in the first instance.  Instead you respond with a "F*ck you Jack we're ok".  Not even so much as an apology!!!!

And people wonder I get so worked up over stuff.

I understand that Maimie - but had you come back and said that due to arrangement issues you were looking at end of July then it would have saved me, and others, wasted work.  We have written to Police, written to and visited the Council to get permission etc.  I have called in favours from people to make things available to me which they will have refused other bookings on, and now I will look a right plum when I turn round and say "sorry you my have lost bookings there I no longer need it"

You knew we were looking at end of July, the very least you could have done was checked after we had afforded you the courtesy of checking with you in the first instance.  Instead you respond with a "F*ck you Jack we're ok".  Not even so much as an apology!!!!

And people wonder I get so worked up over stuff.

i AM sorry CD but what else can we do and that comment was certainly not my response.  As i said we were not aware that you had arranged a date or were even that far down the road in your arrangements or that they were more than just a wee get together on the beach which is what your email to me implied.

I'm not really sure what we can do here - if you are suggesting that we cancel our 'do' then that is not a decision i can make.  Is it not the case that there may be room for both events?  ours after all is for members of the supporters club and some of the folk going to yours may not be.  there is also the opportunity for folk to attend both events.

this was not a deliberate attempt to upset you CD

I can't make the 22nd do....can I go your do CD?

maybe i've got it wrong gringo but i took it that they were on the same night - as i said i may be wrong...

if they are on different nights i'm not sure if there is a problem..

Whats with the bickering people. If CD and his friends have organised some sort of event then thats up to them and I hope it goes really well for them. They are not organising on behalf of the supporters club so why should our hard working comittee have to consider them when organising events. I'll bet there are other events being organised around the district, do they also have to get CD's permission before going ahead. Should I phone the City of Inverness Highland Games organisers and get them to cancel there event on 22nd July cos we're playing County that day and having a party afterwards.

Dont you think, CD, that its a bit selfish to expect the SC pick dates to suit your plans.

As the events were likely to have a crossover in terms of the people attending we afforded the Supporters Club the Courtesy of checking with them first as we did not wish to compete with their plans or detract in any way from people attending the EOS Party - Selfish of us to have done that?

I also don't think it is Selfish in the slightest to have expected they show us the same consideration, or at least made us aware that due to restrictions in regard to Stadium and Player availability for the event they had no option but to opt for a date at the end of July.  If we had known we would have put our plans on ice quite happily.

The Supporters Club is simply a title for a group of fans working to arrange things for the fans.  Just because the other fans who were arranging another event have no title, it does not mean they should be simply ignored.

The Supporters Club is simply a title for a group of fans working to arrange things for the fans.

Wrong CD. The Supporters Club is a fully paid up members club with an elected committee who's remit is to run the club for its members and who must act in the best interests of the members of the club as per the constitution of the aforesaid club. As a member of that club I see no reason, whatsoever, why the committee need to inform any other group of their plans for events being organised specifically for the members of the club.

You informed the SC that you have an event organised for the end of July. Did you specify the 22nd? Did other people think you meant the 29th?

Finally, a very public internet forum is not the place where you should be raising, what to me is, a private issues between yourself and committee members of the SC.

Alex I have to agree with your points and I have discussed this with Caley D outwith the public forum. He does accept that the supporters clubs hands were tied with the date.  I also suggested that they go ahead with their plans as I don't think that there are that many of the people involved who are actually members of the supporters club.  I think there is room for both, but as it is during the holidays his concern is that the dilution of numbers might be too great for both events.

Anyway I am on holiday that week, but will now be back for the County game and The End of Season/Beginning of season party. See you there

maybe i've got it wrong gringo but i took it that they were on the same night - as i said i may be wrong...

if they are on different nights i'm not sure if there is a problem..

Though CD's event was 29th...then again, I could be wrong. Oh well....I'll party alone...  :'(

It's not MY event, it was an event being organised by people from the site who I offered assistance.

The originals thoughts were the 29th - but with that being the first game of the season we faced the same issues as the Supporters Club in not knowing whether we would be home or away in terms of organising for then.

It was too be an open event for anyone who wished to come along, not just a "wee get together" of friends.

Despite the perceived "status" of any group of fans, be they paid up members of a group or otherwise, we are all fans and if we can't work together for our own benefit, then god help us should we ever be in the situation where we have to work together for anything which threatens the club.

Alex.......I take umbrage with being called selfish, especially by someone who does not know me.  If expecting a little common courtesy is selfish, then I am guilty as charged. 

Yet again, I am the one who has gone out of my way to do the right thing and to consider others when doing stuff and yet again I am the one made to look like the bad b@stard.  Mountains out of Molehills? Maybe. But when you have been dumped on so many times by so many people you tend to lose your perspective somewhat.  Que Sera - It will not stop me from doing what I believe is right and from treating others as I expect to be treated.  I would rather work with people instead of butting heads all the time, but that doesn't seem to be how the current regime works.

I do have one apology to make, and it is not for anything I have said or done, it is a personal apology to Maimie for directing my initial comments at her as an individual.

Guest calaiscasual

Is this thread for real?

or is there some joke i have missed?

or does somebody have "trust" issues?

Guest Lauraness

ohhhhhhhhh my word!!! what bickering is this? i am away 2 days people and bickering breaks....honestly!!

Though CD's event was 29th...then again, I could be wrong. Oh well....I'll party alone...  :'(

oh my!!!

are you going to be in portree with me too on the 22nd sweeti???  i'm going to miss all this, dam it!  not that i'm an OFFICIAL supporter anyway?  would i have been able to come anyway? or would a big burly bouncer .... oh my.... MAN~handle..... om hy!!!  me out!  oh gosh!

what was i talking about there!?!

oh yes, if there is anything happening anywhere on the 29th we can go.... if not a wee private party can be arranged babe!!!  ;D ;) :-*

'Is it reduced admission and drink prices for disabled supporters'.

A wheelchair has been organised fer ya me man.... you will be a dead ringer for Peter Kay in

Phoenix nights  :015: :015:

Footballers wife:

'oh yes, if there is anything happening anywhere on the 29th we can go.... if not a wee private party can be arranged babe!!!' 

Not fancy going to see a football match sometime? or do you just talk a lot?

Footballers wife:

'oh yes, if there is anything happening anywhere on the 29th we can go.... if not a wee private party can be arranged babe!!!' 

oh my!!!

gosh sweeti, is this a date you are taking me on???  :clapping04:

only if you are tall dark and handsome.... then ok :001:

if on the other hand you are short, fair and ugly..... as long as you are paying.... then ok!  :004:

dont tell anyone, but i've never ACTUALLY been to a match!  other than in the hospitality suite in the grant stand tower at carr-bridge! (yes, i KNOW that's in the car, parked at the car park in the village, wi a tin o coke and a packet o cheese and mingin! ... but leave me happy in my 'posh spice world!' )

Footballers wife:

oh my!!!

gosh sweeti, is this a date you are taking me on???  :clapping04:

only if you are tall dark and handsome.... then ok :001:

if on the other hand you are short, fair and ugly..... as long as you are paying.... then ok!  :004:

Well 1 out of 3 isn't bad.  :001: