oversensitivity

Tug

is it just me or does todays society seem to becoming more sensitive and feelings orintated.

admitidley most of my assumptions are based on todays media but accross the board it seems that you cant go 10 feet without falling over someone who is offended by something or is protesting agains this or that.

eg

1 the recent run of Kill it Cook it Eat it onn bbc3 :- the girl whose soloution to overbreeding by rabbits was to have scientists find a way to deal with it

2 the whole prince harry debacle, did anybody stop to ask the guy involved his opinion, if he is not bothered then why should the rest of us be,

3 there seems to be a growing number of people protesting about thos that and the other these days but when it comes to actually supporting people who allow them the democratic right to do that it all goes out the window

yes i know someone will probably point out that i could be seen as getting oversensitive in this thread but you get my drift i hope

Totally agree Tug. It seems I m not allowed to form opinions about people based on direct experience of them, and airre my views without being called a racist or something. What annoys me is......we as a society, have seemed to have settled on those overly sensitive ones, being the ones we should set our standards by.

P1sses me off no end.

Everything in life seems to have gone from one extreme to another. Discipline in school being another

is it just me or does todays society seem to becoming more sensitive and feelings orintated.

admitidley most of my assumptions are based on todays media but accross the board it seems that you cant go 10 feet without falling over someone who is offended by something or is protesting agains this or that.

eg

1 the recent run of Kill it Cook it Eat it onn bbc3 :- the girl whose soloution to overbreeding by rabbits was to have scientists find a way to deal with it

2 the whole prince harry debacle, did anybody stop to ask the guy involved his opinion, if he is not bothered then why should the rest of us be,

3 there seems to be a growing number of people protesting about thos that and the other these days but when it comes to actually supporting people who allow them the democratic right to do that it all goes out the window

yes i know someone will probably point out that i could be seen as getting oversensitive in this thread but you get my drift i hope

I fail to see how this makes her oversensitive , care to explain ?

Did scientists not introduce myximitosis to the UK rabbit population for that reason.

Was it Pamela Anderson that came out with the comment recently that "You can't put a condom on a dog"?

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that an American company made dog condoms.

People are too over sensitive these days. Alot of them are too quick to jump to conclusions for example last weekend I was talking to my friend and the subject of the Nazi's came up. I made the statement that in Naxi Germany black people were treated better than Jews. Without even being given a chance to explain my statement I was called a Hitler sympathiser. What I never got a chance to say was that at that time there was less than 1,000 black people in Germany and although there were measures put in place which limited aspects of their lives such as the banning of swing music. They were never forced into ghettos or concentration camps, therefore they were treated better than Jews, Gypsies and other minorities. A conclusion was jumped to by my friend before hearing a relevant argument explaining my statement.

The same thing happened when I complained about the limited english of someone who served me in a shop. I placed my order only to have to repeat it several times as the person serving me had limited english. Even after repeating myself several times I recived the wrong order. Although I couldn't care less if the person was from Mars of Merkinch. I expect someone in a job that involves interaction with a customer to have a grasp of english, something which people from at home and abroad lack sometimes. You wouldn't have a no legged rickshaw driver would you? in some over sensitive circle that would be considered un PC but its fact. If somoene does not ahve the tools to do the job then they shouldn't be doing it.

We seem to be oversensitive in terms of discapline in schools and at home too. I recently saw two mothers and two young children. One of the children hit the other, instead of shouting at the child the mother calmly said "we do not hit" and asked him to apoligise to the other child. The child that hit just stared to scream "no" at his mother and refused to apoligise. I listened to this ordeal for half an hour as it was in front of my desk at work. Throughout that time the mother never raised her voice. Rest assured she lost the argument and the child never said sorry, what sort of message does that send a child?. Did anyone see that Dispatches programme a few weeks ago. It highlighted just how much some children will walk all over a softly softly approach. I belive children should have a nurturing enviroment at home and at school but they need to know there are boundries. Teachers have been taught not to raise their voice and smacking will lose you your job, but from what I've seen this approach does not work.

eg

I fail to see how this makes her oversensitive , care to explain ?

sorry i was not quite clear but to further continue the story the said girl was not prepared to even take an objective view and observe the events and when asked what she though of the gamekeeper whose job it was to control the rabbits the response of he is sick and its not fair on the rabbits - thats where i felt she was being perhaps not oversensitive but maybe a touchaway from rationaly looking at the subject

The world is becoming a hard place to live in. Political correctness has gone mad and racial abuse has reversed. in the wedding scene for Coronation street, which takes place in a real christian church, the producers take the liberty of covering up a cross in case it offends non christians. Sorry but does this action not offend christians. Ethnic persons cannot be called by nicknames but its ok to call me a jock. Dont get me wrong. I totally disagree with using terms in hateful abusive way but the fun is being taken out of living. And the worst thing is the policing of all this is being carried out by the fine upstanding white middle class citizens of the world. The bloody dogodders with too much time on their hands.

The world is becoming a hard place to live in. Political correctness has gone mad and racial abuse has reversed. in the wedding scene for Coronation street, which takes place in a real christian church, the producers take the liberty of covering up a cross in case it offends non christians. Sorry but does this action not offend christians. Ethnic persons cannot be called by nicknames but its ok to call me a jock. Dont get me wrong. I totally disagree with using terms in hateful abusive way but the fun is being taken out of living. And the worst thing is the policing of all this is being carried out by the fine upstanding white middle class citizens of the world. The bloody dogodders with too much time on their hands.

You watch Coronation Street Alex? No wonder they've banned you to the North Sea!

You watch Coronation Street Alex? No wonder they've banned you to the North Sea!

read it in the papers :rotflmao: