Dods Staying?

Phill

Christie confident of Dods deal

Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager Charlie Christie is confident stopper Darren Dods will accept a new deal with the Highland club.

The 31-year-old, who signed on a free transfer from St Johnstone two seasons ago, has been linked with a move to Dundee United who are managed by former Caley player-manager Craig Brewster.

But Christie said: "I've met with Darren and his agent about an extension to his contract which expires at the end of next season.

"I'm very encouraged with the response in these discussions and hopefully we can work to complete detailed negotiations within a couple of weeks."

Taken from - http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...1277599,00.html

Sorry if this has already been posted/is common knowledge.

Best news of the close season yet. This is also on Teletext just now. I thought Dods was immense last year and was my vote for ICT player of the year. You get what you see with Dodsy, no nonsense no frills defending, but consistently fabulous throughout the whole season, and a couple of goals thrown in for good measure. He has taken on the gap left by Bobby and continued to give the team a platform from which to build from.

He is some Machine, and he does run on diesel. Last year he was turbo charged, more of the same please.

Sign on the dotted line please Mr Dods....................................................... :003:

Text has Bennet recommending to the board that they up the players wages. Maybe that will be sufficient to stop him from leaving.

Anyway, all of our players are still under contract so United would have to fork out if they want any of our guys, and they don't seem too keen on doing that.