Ossie Ardiles

caleyjags

File under Warnock in the pie in the sky stakes. These guys use these vacancies as opportunities to get their names in the press with a view to getting back on the managerial merry-go-round at somewhere more suitable. Not a snowballs chance in hell of him even making it as far as Dalcross.

I agree - mostly likely interviewed by his agent - we will probably see him at an English Div 1 or 2 side fairly soon....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a manager not a name. We wouldn't be able to afford him anyway. I am not convinced he'd do a good job and his track record isn't brilliant. I don't think it'd be worth the gamble because that is what it would be....a big gamble.

Saved me writing it.

No thanks Ossie.

Anyone else think that Ossie might just be using our situation to let every club in the country know that he is still here?

:rotflmao:

File under Warnock in the pie in the sky stakes. These guys use these vacancies as opportunities to get their names in the press with a view to getting back on the managerial merry-go-round at somewhere more suitable. Not a snowballs chance in hell of him even making it as far as Dalcross.

Anyone else think that Ossie might just be using our situation to let every club in the country know that he is still here?

:rotflmao:

Note to self, bother to read through fantasy threads before posting :thumb04:

Yup. agree with all those who have said that or something similar.

Its a little different to the Warnock one as its the guy himself doing the touting rather than ICT .... but it is similar.

Guest RPFaither

Interesting! Would a big name like Ossie not put a spark back into the Club - even if it was just to the end of the season? How would the players react? I think they'd (any footballer) would love to have a character like this as coach. Esp when you read that there's a suggestion that players were being over-trained and under-coached.

Maybe it's a publicity stunt, but I can't see it harming the Club. It's certainly upped the profile - headline sports news in every paper.

If he did come - would it not also be a huge gamble for him? What price failure?

And - money generator? Would increased media coverage generate a bit of dosh? Would it encourage folk back to games? I'd think probably yes!

I'd risk it. Would be better than going down quietly/tamely. :rotflmao:

He seems to be wanting every management job under the sun. He wanted the Leyton Orient job the other day.

I heard that, he called talksport his self 20mins after Barry Hearns had been on, announcing they were looking for a new manager, putting his name name forward.

Far too nice a man, good coach, never a manager.

He seems to be wanting every management job under the sun. He wanted the Leyton Orient job the other day.

I heard that, he called talksport his self 20mins after Barry Hearns had been on, announcing they were looking for a new manager, putting his name name forward.

Far too nice a man, good coach, never a manager.

Not even sure about the " good coach" bit.

I knew absolutely nothing about the guy until finding out from my Father this morning.

Would be an intresting choice but i doubt he would be affordable and if he were im 100% cinvinced he will use us as a stepping stone.

I knew absolutely nothing about the guy until finding out from my Father this morning.

Would be an intresting choice but i doubt he would be affordable and if he were im 100% cinvinced he will use us as a stepping stone.

I'm pretty sure we could afford his salary but that's not the issue.

High risk option this and no mistake. We need someone with good contacts, not just in Scottish but British football. The hacks are having a field day just now putting forward just any name that comes into their heads.

Now red hot bookies favourite.

The news caster was struggling to hold it together where readin it out there at the news. Definately laughing at the appointment.

Can say goodbye to the SPL if Ardiles comes in, of that i am in no doubt.

Just been interviewed on Radio Scotland and has said he'd love to come here.

Also said he had been contacted by the club, so some halfwit at the club must think this would be a decent appointment....

fecking madness....

Well he's certainly experienced....

If Wiki is to be believed he has had 14 managerial posts and been sacked from at least 7 of them!!

I hope this is just all smoke and mirrors whilst the real candidates are approcahed

Well he's certainly experienced....

Experienced! He's been sacked from more jobs than i've had hot dinners..

The man is desperate to get into work, fair play their, but it would be the totally wrong appointment at this time of the season.

If it was the end of May, i may have had a litle more faith in Ossie, but what is needed at this moment in time is someone with a knowledge of the SPL, & Scottish football in general, to guide the team of the bottom of the league.

I couldnt currently see Ardiles being this man.

BBC version

"I don't know a lot about them," says Ossie

"A move to White Hart Lane followed that achievement and he enjoyed a 10-year spell with Spurs, where he was to return as a manager with less success."

"Ardiles also has experience from all over the world, having worked in Mexico, Japan, Croatia, Syria, Israel, Argentina and most recently Paraguay, where he was sacked by Cerro Porte?o last August."

Aye he sounds like just the man for the job !! :rotflmao: