Don Cowie

nak108

With Black and Cowie both gone next season we will need to aquire at least one experienced midfielder.

Yes and 3 players I believe we could have kept if they had been offered a decent deal at the right time, thats Black, Cowie and Fraser all gone for nothing lets hope we dont make the same mistake with Vigurs.

Edited by stevico1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Black and Cowie both gone next season we will need to aquire at least one experienced midfielder.

Yes and 2 players I believe we could have kept if they had been offered a decent deal at the right time, thats Black, Cowie and Fraser all gone for nothing lets hope we dont make the same mistake with Vigurs.

Quite so !

I wonder if this was just too far down the 'done deal' line before TB's appointment.

I feel that any quality player or one that considers themselves quality, on our books must be excited at the prospect of having the Asst manager of Scotland watching him on an ongoing basis.

I would have thought Cowie came into this category and would have excelled under TB, putting on a show every week.

(I think the same goes for Black and Fraser)

Raised profile, better deal 2 years down the road.

More likely to get a place in the Scotland set-up, from ICT under TB, than Watford maybe.

Guest Superhorns

Cheers for the info guys.

Probably going to lose a couple of midfielders in the summer so we need some more.

I presume you will keep him for the rest of this season providing the lad is happy to stay.

Lets hope we both manage to stay up BTW!

Afterall Cowie might regreat the move we were to go down.

Gutted he is leaving us. He will down there as i think it will make him more focused.

Yet another fine example of out inability to sign players on longer than 2 year contracts and tbh i am a bit baffled as to why that is!

Maybe its time to call for Graeme Bennets head as well as we lose our best players for nothing/very little transfer money

Edited by ictbetterthanthehighlands

Every season we lose our best players on free's. Maybe its time the so called Director of Football started noticing this AND DIDNT LEAVE IT TILL THE LAST MINUTE TO TRY AND SORT PLAYERS CONTRACTS OUT !!!

Edited by mikeyrob73

Guest Superhorns

Butcher has a big problem now as Cowie didn't lok interested since the speculation but now its concrete and he is leaving do you think he will even turn up?

Not too big a loss judging by this season's performance.

Which makes me think we might try to get him on loan (at least the wages are off your hands for an extra 6 months)

Oats, we are not on our own - I see Aberdeen are having the same problem, with their DOF, Willie Miller, saying 'no more cash in the kitty' Manager saying 'only way for non signing players is down' etc!

The players they are losing are better, imo, than Cowie at this stage, so maybe re-signing players, in this financial climate, is difficult for all teams.

Two things - immediate money is a big pull for a player and the days of the Rosscos/ Granties have gone, playing for the colours is not the thing any longer!

That is why I think we have a big weapon in TB with his Scotland hat on - maybe sway some to stay.

I'm delighted for Don. Watford have been my English team since the late 70s. Still have great memories of meeting the likes of Luther Blissett and Ross Jenkins on a visit to Vicarage Road back then.

Don was always going to leave us at the end of the season. Might as well be to the Championship where he can't do us any harm.

Mon the Hornets!

Guest HibbyScott

If its any consolation...then please feel free to keep Morais?

On a more serious note...Hibs fan here just checking up on our boys. How do you guys feel Filipe and Thierry have been getting on since the move. I was up in the Partick Thistle end with a mate for their debut and thought Morais looked solid enough but didn't really have time to judge Thierry on his short role at the end

On a more serious note...Hibs fan here just checking up on our boys. How do you guys feel Filipe and Thierry have been getting on since the move. I was up in the Partick Thistle end with a mate for their debut and thought Morais looked solid enough but didn't really have time to judge Thierry on his short role at the end

Thierrys not really played, injured 20 minutes into his first start.

Morais looked pretty good at Hamilton, willing to take on his man and a decent shot on him.

Guest HibbyScott

Thierrys not really played, injured 20 minutes into his first start.

Morais looked pretty good at Hamilton, willing to take on his man and a decent shot on him.

Watch out for this...he'll do it once and it'll look great, do it again and it'll look even better....then he'll try it a 3rd time and fall over :rotflmao: It's infuriating

Say Nak if your taking Cowie any chance of us getting Jobi McAnuff in exchange???

I watched him playing on Sky Sports a wee while back and he looked immense. what you say?

Edited by ajsict92

Say Nak if your taking Cowie any chance of us getting Jobi McAnuff in exchange???

I watched him playing on Sky Sports a wee while back and he looked immense. what you say?

He has actually been pretty crap for us but has been doing well of late for us thankfully.