HMS SNECK FIRES WARNING TORPEDO!!

AND ABOUT FECKIN TIME TOO

22 June 2006

CHRISTIE'S AT DODS OVER UNITED BIDS

By Euan Mcarthur

CHARLIE CHRISTIE last night threatened to take action against Dundee United if they make any illegal moves to land Inverness' top stars.

The Caley Thistle manager issued the threat amid renewed speculation defender Darren Dods has knocked back a new deal to stay at Caledonian Stadium.

United boss Craig Brewster has made no secret of the fact he'd like his former Inverness trio of Dodds, David Proctor and Ian Black to join up with him again at Tannadice.

But Christie's patience finally snapped as the Highlanders reported back for pre-season training yesterday.

He said: "I'm disappointed with some of the comments coming from Dundee United.

"I don't know how true they are but if I find out they're speaking to any of our under - contract players we'll be taking it further."

Christie's comments follow a recent outburst by club chairman David Sutherland who accused United of making similar approaches back in April.

Meanwhile, Black is set to hold crunch talks with the club tomorrow to discuss his immediate future.

The highly-rated former Blackburn trainee was the subject of a failed bid by United earlier this summer. Inverness told United the 21-year-old is not for sale but the player wants to sit down with club officials and agent Gary Mackay after learning of the Tayside outfit's interest in him.

Black, who is contracted to Inverness for next term, said: "I'm going to sit down with my agent and speak to the club about things on Friday. I'm happy up here but I'll have to see what the club has to offer.

"I thought I did quite well last season for Inverness and I want to progress just as much again this season."

Don't know about anyone else but I'm getting tired with all this endless speculation as well.  :sleep01:

This all needs to get put to bed ASAP so we can concentrate on the upcoming season

Would this be the same Charlie Christie who is contantly linking ourselves to Rankin in the papers?

The difference RiG, is that ICT approached C*unty through the proper channels before they made any comment in the press.  It would appear that Dundee Utd are trying to garner interest from players through the press and are not using the proper channels to open up discussions.

I know we made a bid but Christie did make comments in the press, after the bid was rejected, about how he would still like to sign Rankin.

Brewster has already tried to sign Black and Proctor but it is his comments about wanting to sign Dods that are getting to me when he has never made any approach.

Our bid for Rankin made during the January transfer was never officially rejectd, it expired when the transfer window closed.  I believe our last offer for Rankin has not (to date) been officially rejected.