Ict -v- Motherwell : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dammit min!! really thought we would take something today. i know Terrys been watching the last couple of Well games, and thought he would still have an insight into what they are about and take them down.

Still though. Still in there. But cant see us getting anything against Rangers on Wednesday, and its a cup game on Saturday, so we will still be bottom of the league for 2 weeks.

Just a good job Falkirk only got a point today!

hey, the bubble had to burst sometime ..... however, no criticism from me ... we were playing a team in the top half of the table, a good goal won the game, and as the commentators said a number of times, the ICT fighting spirit is back .....

This is nothing like a "Brewsteresque" result ... we went 1-0 down and then scored an equaliser, that would not have happened under Brewster. We went 2-1 down and tried, tried, tried to make it 2-2 that would not have happened under Brewster. Butcher cant win every game, but the fight, effort, and pride is back ......

Read this article to see how TB is the complete opposite of CB.....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21159529/

Unlike Brewster who didn't really talk to the players, Butcher fills you with confidence every day so that by the time Saturday comes you're ready to give everything for him.

We feel like one big family now.We're all so close together - it's a massive change from what it was before.

Just back. That was just an incredibly frustrating afternoon. We weren't particularly great, but neither were Motherwell, and we lost because of two blunders best described as catastrophic. What Esson was doing at the first goal was a mystery to me, while Granty, who played the guy onside for the opener and in general had a complete shocker of a game, made an error for the second so farcical that it looked like a moment from a Keystone Cops movie. That was a bad game to lose.

As for the referee, well, to borrow a quote from Spike Milligan, the best I can wish Mike McCurry is an early death. As soon as the crowd got on his back it just appeared to antagonise him to make yet more horrific decisions against us. You'd think that he would be instinctively giving the dodgy decisions to the team in blue, given his past record.

Just back. That was just an incredibly frustrating afternoon. We weren't particularly great, but neither were Motherwell, and we lost because of two blunders best described as catastrophic. What Esson was doing at the first goal was a mystery to me, while Granty, who played the guy onside for the opener and in general had a complete shocker of a game, made an error for the second so farcical that it looked like a moment from a Keystone Cops movie. That was a bad game to lose.

As for the referee, well, to borrow a quote from Spike Milligan, the best I can wish Mike McCurry is an early death. As soon as the crowd got on his back it just appeared to antagonise him to make yet more horrific decisions against us. You'd think that he would be instinctively giving the dodgy decisions to the team in blue, given his past record.

There is a circle of hell reserved exclusively for McCurry and whoever that myopic dumpling running the the firth-side line was. Absolutely fizzing.

Edited by 4ize

We are never gonna stay up with performances like there was today from Tokely and Munro.

They are not SPL standard, Munro and Tokely dont have a clue on the ball and ALWAYS get caught out of position even if the push slightly foward.

Tokely is pathetic when he does run foward.

Butcher should now after todays shocking performance from these two, dropping them. Put Proctor at RB and Duff at CB.

Also, Zadi was poor today, going foward was ok, but as soon as we were losing his confidence took a hit and was poor.

WHY IS DUNCAN PLAYING WHEN KERR AND VIGURS ARE FIT?! That is the worst decision Butcher has made so far as Manager.

Thats our bubble burst now and as much I am in support of Butcher and Malpas, because our foward line is good and we do look a threat when we play it on the deck but he needs to drop tokely, munro and duncan if we are to survive because if the back 4 play together again like they did today....we will go down.

Here's the least taxing questin of the day: Did Mike McCurry get 1 call right today?

answer: no

i thought on the whole not a bad performance but munro other than his goal had a shocker. Poor goals to lose from our point of view and i was a bit disappointed that their defence strolled through the game so easily.

Have to agree with hislopoffisde again that was a very frustrating game today.

Motherwell aren't any great shakes but a very dodgy display from our defence and keeper handed the 3 points to them.

Our centre halves struggled to cope with the 2 big strikers and Munro in particular had a feckin nightmare :rotflmao:

Too many players had off days and with games running out we need to get our act together.

Edited by kencar

We were awful and didn't deserve anything from that today.

Esson, Munro, Tokely, Duncan, Odhiambo....all feckin awful.

The rest of them....all ok.

No idea what Odhiambo has done to impress anyone, because everytime I've seen him all he ever seems to do is run about a lot. Surely Rooney deserves a shot now?

Munro had an absolute mare today, and I wouldn't mind seeing young Duff replace him for a few games.

And as for Duncan....yeah, yeah, he does all the breaking up in midfield. He then gives it straight back to the opposition. He's crap and should be punted.

Depressing game on the whole, we looked back to our shambolic best at the back, and resorted back to our hoof it up and hope tactic too often.

We are never gonna stay up with performances like there was today from Tokely and Munro.

They are not SPL standard, Munro and Tokely dont have a clue on the ball and ALWAYS get caught out of position even if the push slightly foward.

Tokely is pathetic when he does run foward.

Butcher should now after todays shocking performance from these two, dropping them. Put Proctor at RB and Duff at CB.

Also, Zadi was poor today, going foward was ok, but as soon as we were losing his confidence took a hit and was poor.

WHY IS DUNCAN PLAYING WHEN KERR AND VIGURS ARE FIT?! That is the worst decision Butcher has made so far as Manager.

Thats our bubble burst now and as much I am in support of Butcher and Malpas, because our foward line is good and we do look a threat when we play it on the deck but he needs to drop tokely, munro and duncan if we are to survive because if the back 4 play together again like they did today....we will go down.

Agree with pretty much all of that except about Zadi. Zadi's at his best when he's under pressure but as soon as he's got time to play a ball he's dysmal - leading me nicely on to Munro and Tokely. Get Duff & Proctor in there against Falkirk. McCurry's performance was nothing short of criminal today.

Edited by Jay_7

I think Motherwell were there for the taking today. Unfortunatly we gifted them 2 goals and found ourselves behind and chasing (like the bad old brewster days) for most of the game.

Esson's error was a one off, but Munro was shakey throughout. He had a shocker. Blackie wasn't much better, he wasted the ball all afternoon and made a couple of over the ball challenges in the second half which could easily have been awarded red cards if they'd connected. He's an idiot and a liability. His inclusion adds nothing to our team. We were far better last week without him.

Todays result shows how much work still needs to be done. We didn't quite have the edge of the last few weeks, perhaps a little over-confidence creeping in? Mike McCurrie obviously didn't help. It's hard to get stuck in when a referee keeps awarding fouls for perfectly good challenges, a few ICT players looked extremly demoralized. Hopefully we don't get him again this season. If we do we need to adapt (i.e. dive like motherwell players).

Despite all this, we still did enough to deserve at least a point IMHO. Rooney missed a couple of sitters. And a moment of magic from Morais set up a tap in for Foran (wrongly disallowed for offside by Motherwells 12th man).

If I was an ICT player I'd absolutly hate motherwell. They're such jammy sh1ts against us.