Signings For Next Season

dam17

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely don't look at the Irish market enough.

One name i'd like to put forward: steve morison of stevenage. Top scorer in BSP, i've watched him a few times on setanta and he's a cracking player. He is approaching his something like 5th year at the club, where he is also the captain, but if stevenage don't win promotion to the football league this year he could welcome a fresh challenge.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

One name i'd like to put forward: steve morison of stevenage. Top scorer in BSP, i've watched him a few times on setanta and he's a cracking player. He is approaching his something like 5th year at the club, where he is also the captain, but if stevenage don't win promotion to the football league this year he could welcome a fresh challenge.

Blue Square Premier :rotflmao: i dont really think we can look at any player from that can we?? is there any player that some club has taken on and did well???

Rickie Lambert looks good from what i saw on wikipidia. Mark brown might want to come back he would be good compitition for esson.

Why would Brown want to come back? Less money, move home again, fair enough he'd have a better chance of getting 1st team football. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him back but I can't see him returning.

Rickie Lambert looks good from what i saw on wikipidia. Mark brown might want to come back he would be good compitition for esson.

Why would Brown want to come back? Less money, move home again, fair enough he'd have a better chance of getting 1st team football. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him back but I can't see him returning.

Thats a fair point i never thought of that

Blue Square Premier :rotflmao: i dont really think we can look at any player from that can we?? is there any player that some club has taken on and did well???

I don't have a problem in taking on the best players from smaller clubs. Tommy McLean did that really well at Motherwell. Whereas they were the best player at their previous club, they became a decent player at 'Well, with some good products of the youth policy.

One I watched tonight is Centre forward Mark McAllister of Linfield in the Irish League. Quick, strong and 6' 5" tall. And hes just about 21. On a part time contract at Linfield.

He is quick and a good prospect but not 6'5". He's a bit of a midget - around 5'7" or so and I don't think he's any better than Odhiambo, Imrie etc.

A better prospect in my view is Curtis Allen of Lisburn Distillery. Only 20 and is joint top scorer in the league -He's also brilliant from set pieces and would be a cheaper option.

Edited by Hiro

Guest Muir-Jaggie

the BSP is as high a level if not higher than the 1st division. morison is a class act up front, the only problem is that many league clubs are already chasing him.

So the 1st, 2nd and 3rd division are lower class than the BSP :rotflmao: You must be on the drink the night

There's a new guy at R*ss C**nty who seems to be scoring goals. Usual thing, sign any C**nty players that show any promise.

Can't remember his name but at 42 I'm sure he's got a few days left in his career. :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

There's a new guy at R*ss C**nty who seems to be scoring goals. Usual thing, sign any C**nty players that show any promise.

Can't remember his name but at 42 I'm sure he's got a few days left in his career. :thumb04:

Why dont you spell Ross County :rotflmao: and County :018: right???

Can't remember his name but at 42 I'm sure he's got a few days left in his career. :thumb04:

We don't use that sort of language this side of the Bridge!

Guest Muir-Jaggie

simmer

Why dont you spell Ross County :rotflmao: and County ;) right???

simmer

No offence intended Muir-Jaggie - my DNA is 50% Ross-Shire (but don't tell anyone). :018:

Now what about getting Darren Dods back? Perhaps Steven Pressley will fancy returning north again if Falkirk get relegated? He already works with Terry Butcher at international level.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Why dont you spell Ross County :015: and County :018: right???

simmer

No offence intended Muir-Jaggie - my DNA is 50% Ross-Shire (but don't tell anyone). ;)

Now what about getting Darren Dods back? Perhaps Steven Pressley will fancy returning north again if Falkirk get relegated? He already works with Terry Butcher at international level.

I'm a 100% Ross-Shire sadly :rotflmao:

I think Dods would rather stay at Utd than come back to Caley. Pressley returning north :lol: When was he ever north???

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Think he was born in Elgin, although he went to school in Inverkeithing or somewhere.

David Preece was pish.

Yeah he was born in Elgin but whats up north that he would come back to??? Elgin City?? i think hes going to stay down in the centrel belt and do some coaching with another club (if falkirk go down) but he might stay with falkirk only 1 way to find out and thats when the season is over

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Scott Dalziel from Stenhousemuir. A very skillfull, composed striker and natural finisher. I think he'll almost certainly be in the SPL before long.

11 goals this season. He's only 24

and also ex-ict player alan morgan is with them aswel

i was reading on the dons forum that they want rid of mackie, and apparently hes wants to come to caley. suggestions?

Mackie would be a great signing. But if he is anything like when he came on loan here a few seasons back then forget it.