Signings For Next Season

dam17

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that he played under both Butcher and Malpas i wouldn't be suprised if we make a move for Graham Smith at Motherwell in the summer. He is a tad overrated imo but i don't see any of the bigger clubs taking him and his contract is expiring.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Mahonio

Graeme Smith would be a good choice as he would be good competition for Esson and also he is out of contract at end of season as you say ajsict92 and with Mike Fraser to Well it would be good business.

I like some of the others mentioned too but are they likely to come up north to us?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

From what I saw of the highlights last week, he's certainly a beeter striker than any we have.

He'll end up in league 1 or something more than likely..........

Maybe in league 1 for a few seasons to see how he does but the way he is playing hes at least a championship player

How about some form of loan from a premiership youngster, it works on football manager............ :rotflmao:

seriously though assuming we don't get relegated:

Falkirk : Higdon, Strong force upfront and can score goals - something we don't have at the moment.

Cregg's also been decent from what I've seen, Black replacement, however like Arfield and Barr (grossly overrated in my opinion) will probably fall down to England.

Hamilton: I've only seen them twice but I liked Gibson and Mensing both times don't know much about them though.

St Mirren : My heart says Wyness but I think we could probably do with a better goalscorer. I don't think anyone would complain with Dargo, he can score goals didn't he nearly have a 2:1 game to goal ratio with us. His pace is unreal, he can run onto a lost cause and win a ball he has no right to.

Kilmarnock : WIth their well reported financial difficulty should they go down you'd think there'd be many players being sold but the ones worthwhile e.g. Bryson and Gibson would go for greener pastures than Shneck.

Edit : more discussion

Edited by martinskye

What sort of players do we need for next season anyway?

Keepers - We need another 'experienced' keeper to challenge Ryan Esson to the number 1 jersey afetr the departure of Michael Fraser.

Dependers - I am actually happy with what we have at the moment. Tokely, Munro, Hastings, McGuire etc. We have plenty of defenders to choose. Too many i think. Selling one or Two would quite easily boost our oportunity of buying a better player.

Midfielders - We are lacking in quality midfielders, with the exeption of Kerr, Duncan and McBain. I think what is needed is another John Rankin or Richie Hart. Some one that can create more chances and threats the defensive line more of the opposition.

Strikers - We have enough strikers i think, but there are only two that are 'shining' more than the rest of them, who are Morais and Imrie (who is a striker). We have strikers such as Barrowman and Wood who arent showing themselves to be a particularly good player. Butcher and Malpas should consider replacing these sort of strikers that aren't 'SPL Standard.'

Some names i would like to put Forward : Nick Phinn (Dunfermline), David Graham (Dunfermline), Steven Lennon (Partick), Mark Roberts (Partick), Chris Doig (Northampton),

Also, am not that sure that Paul Gallacher would be in any rush to leave Dunfermline anytime soon.

What sort of players do we need for next season anyway?

Keepers - We need another 'experienced' keeper to challenge Ryan Esson to the number 1 jersey afetr the departure of Michael Fraser.

Dependers - I am actually happy with what we have at the moment. Tokely, Munro, Hastings, McGuire etc. We have plenty of defenders to choose. Too many i think. Selling one or Two would quite easily boost our oportunity of buying a better player.

Midfielders - We are lacking in quality midfielders, with the exeption of Kerr, Duncan and McBain. I think what is needed is another John Rankin or Richie Hart. Some one that can create more chances and threats the defensive line more of the opposition.

Strikers - We have enough strikers i think, but there are only two that are 'shining' more than the rest of them, who are Morais and Imrie (who is a striker). We have strikers such as Barrowman and Wood who arent showing themselves to be a particularly good player. Butcher and Malpas should consider replacing these sort of strikers that aren't 'SPL Standard.'

Some names i would like to put Forward : Nick Phinn (Dunfermline), David Graham (Dunfermline), Steven Lennon (Partick), Mark Roberts (Partick), Chris Doig (Northampton),

Also, am not that sure that Paul Gallacher would be in any rush to leave Dunfermline anytime soon.

I would say after Black leaves we only have one actual quality midfielder and that is Vigurs, as for the rest they are not quality they are just grafters so we definitely need more quality in midfield.

Strikers score goals...Imrie doesn't, so I wouldn't consider him an option for striker next season. We need a striker who is proven.

If we stay up which I think we'll just do we need to stop settling for poor players and stop convincing ourselves that they are good enough, technical wise individually we probably have the worst team in the league so we need to up the standard of players we bring in, if we want to be an SPL club then we need SPL players, at the moment we have possibly 5 players that meet that level, that just isn't good enough.

Strikers score goals...Imrie doesn't, so I wouldn't consider him an option for striker next season. We need a striker who is proven.

your argument would have been a whole lot better if you said "Strikers score goals, Barrowman doesn't" :rotflmao:

Imrie has scored more than Barrowman and he is meant to be running down the wing.

your argument would have been a whole lot better if you said "Strikers score goals, Barrowman doesn't" :thumb04:

Imrie has scored more than Barrowman and he is meant to be running down the wing.

Not really as I was replying to a post which was talking about Imrie playing up front not Barrowman. Usually when I reply to a point someones made I have to include the point in hand. :rotflmao:

I'd like to see wyness back for a season or two. With dorman on form, billy mehmit, jim hamilton and dargo there is alot of competition.

You must be joking. Wyness was dreadful last season, and worse the season before that, and he's still poor now.

Leigh Griffiths at Livingston is attracting alot of attention. 18 goals this season and is said to have great technique. Dundee just had an offer knocked back for him.

• 2 weeks later...