Montecatini 0 Caley Thistle 12.

A number of club records broken in this one. The 12-0 scoreline certainly eclipses the 8-1 against Annan Athletic and the attendance of 7 (SEVEN) members of the public must also be a record low (it rose to 19 by the end.) Also, given that the media are strictly neutral, this must be the first ICT game with NO ICT fans present!

I couldn't get a hold of Ian Broadfoot to check whether Rory McAllister's opener after 19 seconds is also the fastest ever goal, but I do know there was a very fast one in a pre season friendly some years ago.

It was almost totally one sided although Mark Brown did have one decent save to make in the first half. MIchael Fraser came on in the second along with 5 others but Michael had very little to do. The goals were -

19 sec - McAllister header.

2 -  Wilson - lovely 20 yard volley.

27 - Keogh

32 - McAllister

38 - McAllister completes his hat trick.

5-0 half time.

48 - Black - largely made by himself.

61 - Dargo straight into the top corner from an acute angle on the right.

67 - Duncan header.

70 - Dargo penalty.

77 - Dargo completes his hat trick.

82 - McCaffrey scored what Stuart describes as the best goal of the game! Barry might dispute that!

90 - Wyness.

Charlie said that although there was a big differenece between the teams it was a good and worthwhile start for his side, although he hopes that Saturday's game against another local side will be tougher.

The starting eleven was - Brown, Parratt, Golabek, Munro, Dodds, McBain, Wilson, Wyness, McAllister, Keogh, Morgan. There were mass substitutions at half time and nobody who was in any danger at all of worsening any minor injury was played at all.

Thanks for the update Charles - not a tough work out then!. Helps with match fitness I suppose. Always nice to see ICT hitting double figures though, but I doubt it'll send shock waves through the SPL..  :004:

cheers

it could be make or break for him this season with 3 other players (Caff, Tokely, Proctor) ahead of him in the queue for the right back position... I'd like to see him make an impact but surely as small a club as we are, we can't afford to keep 4 decent player for 1 position

I couldn't get a hold of Ian Broadfoot to check whether Rory McAllister's opener after 19 seconds is also the fastest ever goal, but I do know there was a very fast one in a pre season friendly some years ago.

Here are the details from the stats page

Fastest Goal for

29 Secs - David Bingham - Friendly v Forfar 26.7.03

31 Secs - Craig Dargo - League v Celtic 18.12.05

32 Secs - Marco De-Barros - Friendly v Wick Academy 19.7.97

40 Secs - Barry Robson - League v Ross County 9.11.02

54 Secs - Craig Dargo - League v Livingston 8.11.05

56 Secs - Steve Hislop - League v Brechin 29.11.03

80 Secs - Paul Sheerin - League v Partick Thistle 17.10.98

82 Secs - Brian Thomson - League v Clyde 17.1.98

94 Secs - Scott McLean - Cup v Stenhousemuir 31.7.99

Fastest Goal against

16 seconds - Steve McConologue ( Clyde ) - League (away) 18 March 2003

17 seconds - Billy Dodds ( Aberdeen ) - League Cup Rd 2 (home) 8 August 1998

OK so that does make Rory McAllister's goal last night ICT's fastest ever. I remember checking that up when Dargo scored against Celtic before Christmas but  last night could only remember that the fastest was in an earlier friendly. The time escaped me. Thanks Scotty.

I'm now heading home so won't be able to post on the second game but the club seem to be well on the ball on that anyway.

Guest kingkojak

should there be cause fr concern that while we hmped a team 12-0  wyness was unable to get on the score sheet until the 90th min? 

What a feckin fantastic quote from the Daily Retard and Alisdair Fraser

"Caley Thistle may be viewed disparagingly as the honest toilers of the SPL but they produced all the cultured football in a region renowned for opera, olive oil and Renaissance art."

:clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

For the benefit of the overseas contingent here is the Daily Retard report and some IHE conclusions.  :003: :003:

7 July 2006

RECORD BREAKERS CALEY SLAUGHTER SORRY PART-TIMERS

By Alasdair Fraser

Montecatini 0

Inverness CT 12

INVERNESS romped to a club-record victory last night as they tore their Italian hosts to shreds.

Montecatini Terme played in strips similar to those worn by Argentina, but their play was anything but silky as they fell behind just seconds after kick-off.

Rory McAllister, who set another club record with the fastest goal, put Charlie Christie's side ahead after just 19 seconds.

The Inverness youngster and team-mate Craig Dargo netted half their side's dozen with a hat-trick apiece.

Caley Thistle may be viewed disparagingly as the honest toilers of the SPL but they produced all the cultured football in a region renowned for opera, olive oil and Renaissance art.

The margin of victory surpassed the previous best of 8-1 against Annan Athletic.

With their opponents looking more lower Highland League than the tour organisers' Scottish Second Division standard billing, the match quickly turned into a stroll.

The heavens opened for a Scottish style downpour just after kick-off in a slightly surreal but spectacular Tuscan setting in the shadows of the hilltown peak of Montecatini Alto.

Despite Italy being swept by World Cup fervour ahead of Sunday's Final, there were only eight spectators in evidence at kick-off. McAllister's header from an Alan Morgan cross was quickly followed by a thunderous Barry Wilson volley in two minutes.

A brief purple patch from the hosts saw a scorching strike from Leo Cappablanca parried by keeper Mark Brown but Liam Keogh's simple sidefoot in 27 minutes and McAllister's equally easy effort minutes later, after the Italian defence went AWOL, made the friendly look like shooting practice.

McAllister completed his first-half treble with a fine strike in 20 minutes.

Ian Black's shimmy past two men early in the second half ended with a clinical shot past hapless home keeper Massimo Macchi.

Number seven was rocketed home from an angle by substitute Dargo after the hour.

There was thunder and lightening in the skies as Russell Duncan hit the eighth with the rarest of headers after 67 minutes.

Dargo hit No.2 minutes later and, with a cleverly re-directed finish for his hat-trick, made it 10-0 after 77 minutes.

Stuart McCaffrey's closerange finish two minutes later was followed by a Wyness effort, slipped into the net to complete the record haul.

INVERNESS - Brown, Parratt, Dods, Munro, Golabek, Wilson, Keogh, McBain, Morgan, McAllister, Wyness. Subs: Fox, Dargo, Bayne, McCaffrey, Fraser, Duncan, Black.

Parratt in at right back and Proctor excluded  :010: Black and Dargo on the bench but both showed their worth when taken on  :010: :010: Dods capitano and an Italian Machine  :010:

[move]READ BETWEEN THE FECKIN LINES  :015: :015: :015:[/move]