'fat Tax'

MrsICTFC

AGREE :thumb04:

Am only 7 and a half stone :rotflmao: do i get a discount? :018:

you might, only downside is you have to sit next to the the fat person and share your seat with them ;)

but honestly, i know ryanair are a budget airline but what are they going to dream up next, a few months ago there was plans to charge for use of the toilets, by the time they are done with all their charges you would be better off flying with another airline!

and how to they distinguish who is a fatty (over 20 stone) and who is not, set of scales at check-in?

results of a poll on their site : Ryanairs Poll Results

In principle the idea seems fair and makes sense....to a point. If you weigh more or take up more space then it costs more to transport you. Nobody forces you to fly, it's a personal choice and a company charging for a service should be entitled to charge accordingly.

The problem comes with policing and enforcing it...the idea of weighing or measuring someone will likely break several European Civil Rights Laws, so the idea will never get off the ground (boom boom).

No more silly than a baggage allowance. Up to a certain weight limit is included, beyond that you pay extra.

Same with postage and many other things in life. The only reason we think it's silly here is because it upsets our sensibilities...in so far as we don't think it's correct to discriminate against people for anything. In everyday life/thinking that makes sense, but we also have to accept that in some circumstances it doesn't.

If the alternative is higher fares/fees/costs for everyone then despite what people say openly the vote will say otherwise.

And this is coming from someone who would fail the "fat test" and be "fat taxed"

If never been on a plane, or even abroad. Iv been to plymouth in a lorry :rotflmao: no fat tax there :thumb04:

Everyone should get an allocated weigh that they can take onboard a plane, and that includes themselves. So if your skinny, you can take more luggage, and if your obeise, then suppose you get less luggage.

I bet i wouldnt be saying that if i was fat :018: