Naps Comp - Final Week Number 37

HT and it couldn't be more exciting !!!

Joe's game is 0-0 and CaleyD's game is 0-0, I wouldn't like to be on this knife edge !!!

Having said that, I reckon Raith must be favourites to score hey ? while a goal either way

buggers Joe up :rotflmao:

Edited by Canada Bob

Weighed in, with Clacher in 1st place, Don in 2nd spot, and Joe finishing 3rd.

Even though Clacher had it in the bag by the last day there was a fair but of excitement about who would finish 2nd,

but Ross County {of all teams} did Joe in beating Morton 2-0, two costly goals there Joe, especially seeing as how Raith couldn't score at home.

Anyway that's another season under our belts, and it's pay up time the now, with 2,000 quid going to Clacher, a grand to Don and a monkey to Joe, all well deserved...

I don't know if you guys have PayPay accounts ? but if you do that would be the quickest way to get the money to you, I know they take a nibble out of it, but if Paypal works for you guys then let me know and I'll have the money on its way this week end, you'd have it by Wednesday if we get right onto it...

So, Clacher, what's 2,000 quid going to buy you ? you'd get a half decent car these days for that sort of money !

I should mention that Sid's system will be kicking off next week, now that I've caught up with 5 months of snail mail etc, so if anyone wants to be in just let me know.

The shares are 250 quid per share, and Reef, while yer here your share is already to go...

Have to say thanks to Clacher, Don & Joe who for the most part ran the Competition, and to Scotty for providing us the platform so to speak...

I wonder what next years prize will be, should we have 3 prizes or just one Grand Prize, {say a car or something} ?

I'll see where I'm at in the next 4-6 months, I'll put up what I can afford to, but right now I'm being robbed blind by folks knocking off my shaving cream and the "After Inked" tattoo cream without paying me any royalty fees for it, makes me wonder if the whole world is bent...

Anyway, we've had our fun with the Comp and with a bit of luck we'll all carry on...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the craic...

Edited by Canada Bob

Cheers Bob for sponsoring another good year of fun :rotflmao:

Well done to the top 3 and to all the others who played each week for keeping going when the most frequent score each week appeared to be -10 :018: :thumb04:

PS - I knew Morton would be a dodgy bet especially after I had put my 10 pts on them ;)

I normally get bored of these things after a season or two but I think the live interaction between the players keeps the interest going...and although I would still participate without the prize I guess that also helps :rotflmao:

Since having to give up my home office I've lost regular access to a decent PC so I need to invest in a new laptop meaning I'll likely put some of my winnings towards getting something better than originally planned. Also, if the club change their policy on Player Sponsorship back to giving the sponsor the item of kit involved then I might stick a few quid back towards the club.

Well well well CaleyD! Your collapse wasnt TOTAL in the end, well done! And well done from Joe who came right off the pace a couple of months back to get involved in the end. Well played folks.

To echo everybody elses posts, thanks to Don, Jody, Scotty and especially Bob. I have to be honest and say the interest might not have lasted the full season if there wasnt a prize at the end of it all but I love a good contest, especially a gambling one on the Scottish Lower leagues. If it wasnt for gambling I'd have lost touch with most of the teams and players of the SFL after we got promoted and I can still find myself talking over whos in and whos out week to week as if ICT are still down there, really lets you have a broader perspective on the game in Scotland and as an ICT fan a real appreciation of just hwo far we've come.

I'll check the status of my Paypal account but I'm sure I hit a 7,500 transfer limit on receiving money 2 years ago as I had it linked upto my Betfair account after the Woolich were bought over by Barclays! That was 2 years worth of withdrawls, once it reached the limit Paypal were doing my head in when I tried to get more, I'll see what the current status of it is though.

Not a penny of the prize will be going towards ICT, they dont deserve it and I've nothing to prove in terms of being supportive of the club, well maybe I'll buy a season ticket for next season that we can both get some benefit out of!

Amazing scenes in the comp this year, theres a few games that still stick in my head (East Stirling 1 - 4 Cowdenbeath, East Stirling 2 - 3 Forfar and Montrose 5 - 3 Stenny... to name but 3!), been a few last minute turn arounds aswell, twists and turns that over a season even themselves out they say..

Well done again folks, lets do a better job of getting next seasons put together in plenty of time and maybe bring in a few more lambs for the slaughter :thumb04:

PS. How did the side bets go this year? WAsnt there a Bob v Reef one going? Or was it Reef v The Falcon? Infact wasnt the Falcon supposed to come on here and show us how its done :rotflmao: MAybe next year eh?

Remaining Monthly Limit:?000.46 GBP

:rotflmao: ! I'll see what I can do to resolve this, I hope it isnt a case of getting them to send pennies to my account, waiting for a statement and then sending that back to them, I seem to remember that was the plan 2 years ago.

But al in good time, I'll see what the other guys have to say.

As for the Naps Bob I've already given you my thoughts, just not the right time, a month down the line and it could be a different story completely, just waiting on work and the inland revenue to get back to me... Like I say I'll help out all I can, always willing to help somebody make a few quid gambling.

Edited by clacher_holiday2

Yeah thanks to all for running / helping / supporting the comp - adds extra intrest on a Saturday. Money prizes are always good to have but not esstiental at all to have the competiton Bob, your genirosity excels beyond belive. Maybe a wooden spoon next year for the first person to go bust..........

Thot Clyde were going to win today@ 4.50 to bring back some small respect

Shocking year for me this year, 2nd the last 2 years running and when theres money involved, crumble away, bring on the highs and lows of next year! :rotflmao:

Cheers Bob for sponsoring another good year of fun :023:

Thanks Tichy, have to say that although I've only ever met a handful of you and for the most part that was years back when Caley were 3-0 up against Ross Cvnty at ht {I'd 5 grand on Caley to win the match} only to see it all go pear shaped when RC made it 3-3 in the last few minutes, vowed I'd never go back after that, LOL !!!

But in the years I've been on here I've enjoyed the craic, and the serious stuff that gets posted too, all in all this is THE BEST web site for my money, and I'm glad to be part of what goes on in here, yer a good bunch of lads...

All the Best to ALL of you, wish I could buy you all a pint, you never know though, I might get that chance one day.

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

Well well well CaleyD! Your collapse wasnt TOTAL in the end, well done! And well done from Joe who came right off the pace a couple of months back to get involved in the end. Well played folks.

Yea, you'll note that Don dint sink as fast after I stopped following him, grin...

To echo everybody elses posts, thanks to Don, Jody, Scotty and especially Bob. Thanks, appreciated...

I have to be honest and say the interest might not have lasted the full season if there wasnt a prize at the end of it all but I love a good contest, especially a gambling one on the Scottish Lower leagues. If it wasnt for gambling I'd have lost touch with most of the teams and players of the SFL after we got promoted and I can still find myself talking over whos in and whos out week to week as if ICT are still down there, really lets you have a broader perspective on the game in Scotland and as an ICT fan a real appreciation of just how far we've come.

Yea, no one thinks of Caley as anything but an SPL team now, but I remember when most folks were saying Caley would struggle to stay up, but they survived and they will again this season, even though it looked bleak a few weeks ago.

I'll check the status of my Paypal account but I'm sure I hit a 7,500 transfer limit on receiving money 2 years ago as I had it linked upto my Betfair account after the Woolich were bought over by Barclays! That was 2 years worth of withdrawls, once it reached the limit Paypal were doing my head in when I tried to get more, I'll see what the current status of it is though.

Aye, drop me an email Clacher, soon as you have it sorted the money will be on its way to you, and to Joe too... There's an idea, if one of you don't have an active PayPal account I could send all the money to one of you and you could sort it between you ? that might work, now I think of it I could have sent it all to Don !!!

Not a penny of the prize will be going towards ICT, they dont deserve it and I've nothing to prove in terms of being supportive of the club, well maybe I'll buy a season ticket for next season that we can both get some benefit out of!

Aye, well, I'll now forget that they stitched me up with a bill for VAT last year, over and above the money I sent them, that was a bit naughty applying VAT to a non UK resident.

Amazing scenes in the comp this year, theres a few games that still stick in my head (East Stirling 1 - 4 Cowdenbeath, East Stirling 2 - 3 Forfar and Montrose 5 - 3 Stenny... to name but 3!), been a few last minute turn arounds aswell, twists and turns that over a season even themselves out they say..

Yea, you had some lucky wins that's for sure, odd how they all seemed to coincide with the days Reef saw you coming out of the early Mass...

Well done again folks, lets do a better job of getting next seasons put together in plenty of time and maybe bring in a few more lambs for the slaughter :)

I reckon a few more will want to be in, but I think we should limit the runners to 40, like the Grand National, otherwise it's a LOT of workd for you and Don et-al running it.

PS. How did the side bets go this year? WAsnt there a Bob v Reef one going? Or was it Reef v The Falcon? Infact wasnt the Falcon supposed to come on here and show us how its done :lol: Maybe next year eh?

They all chickened out of the side bets, lucky for them they did or I'd have cleaned up against them all, but, every dog has its day hey...

In closing off this season, anyone any thoughts on what we should do next year ? should we stick with having 3 prizes or just run with one "Super Prize" say a new car or something ? wadderyerfink ???

Canada Bob.

Been away from my computer since sat morning so havent had a chace to post. Wish i had gone for a fav to win now but hard to pick on last day of the season when most game are meaningless!

Congrats to Clacher and CaleyD on the win and to Bob for doing this competition it is by far the best comp I have ever played in and you couldnt find anything better anywhere on the net.

I have no idea if i have a paypal account or not :lol: Ill have a check and if not I'll try to create one. Ill pm you Bob later on today about it and about Sid's system as I dont really understand it!

Thanks again to all!

Yea, you had some lucky wins that's for sure, odd how they all seemed to coincide with the days Reef saw you coming out of the early Mass...

Well done again folks, lets do a better job of getting next seasons put together in plenty of time and maybe bring in a few more lambs for the slaughter :lol:

I reckon a few more will want to be in, but I think we should limit the runners to 40, like the Grand National, otherwise it's a LOT of workd for you and Don et-al running it.

Reef was in there waiting for me. I did say early on this year my victory was pre-ordained by a higher power but then that was a guess, who knows how these things work..

40 runners sounds good, those who entered this year should be given the chance to win their money back, so theres room for a handful more.

Edited by clacher_holiday2

Can we have a week 37 ( final position) update.

I and I'm sure many others would like to know our final positions. Gives us something to aim too better next time around.

Thanks

G

Yea, that would be appreciated, can you sort that for us Don or Clacher ?

Canada Bob.