Pistoia 0 ICT 5

darndarndarn

another convincing win, don't know how helpful these games are for preparation for the start of the spl but shows that our fitness levels are top notch beating 2 Italian teams in very high temperatures and scoring a barrel lad of goals in the process

Don't know too much about this since I am now home but I gather the Pistoia team were at least a bit more competitive, which is what the manager said he wanted.

Dargo - 2

McCaffrey

Wyness

Wilson.

1-0 HT.

More than that I don't know. What I have is just the result of a quick call to Trevor Martin on the team bus back from the ground at Pistoia to Montecatini.

If Italy win the Final, all left over there will have a WONDERFUL time tomorrow night!

A double from Craig Dargo and strikes from Dennis Wyness, Barry Wilson and Stuart McCaffrey eased Caley to victory over the Tuscans.

Christie said: "The dimensions of the pitch were a leveller but there was no doubt the opposition were slightly better andmore organised than in our 12-0 win against Montecatini.

"They also worked hard and it was a good fitness exercise for our lads."

The rout brings Caley's tour tally to 17 goals and none against but it was a fiercely contested tussle.

For pace, fitness and organisation, the Italians looked light years ahead of Thursday night's thrashed opponents Montecatini.

But it was still mostly one-way traffic for Inverness on a tight and fiery surface in baking temperatures.

There was a healthy aggression to the local side but none to match the bite of Caley's Ian Black.

Three misses in the first five minutes set a wasteful tone for the first half hour with Dargo going close twice and Russell Duncan firing just over.

Duncan rattled the bar from distance in 13 minutes but strong defending kept the SPL side at bay until the 31st minute.

Then a perfect delivery from Duncan found Dargo rushing in for a header in off the underside of the bar for his fourth tour goal.

Home keeper Alberto Bastogi kept out a Richie Hart free-kick before half-time.And the pattern continued into the second half with Dargo lethal in 55 minutes.

The striker finished off a wellworked move by sticking the ball high past Bastogi.

Sub Wyness got in on the act 10 minutes later as Rory McAllister was tackled in the box. The ball fell to the hitman who coolly tuck away the third.

Inverness were cruising in the last 20 minutes and Wilson stroked home the fourth from close in aftermore neat interplay.

The Italians kept snapping away the Caley players' heels but McCaffrey scored with a header at the death to make it five.

I am off to the Deed Poll office tomorrow to change my name to ALBERTO BASTOGI OF PISTOIA  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

I like this Alasdair Fraser bloke - another cracking quote from todays' Herald:

"In Tuscany, Pistoians have never lost a reputation for vicious behaviour earned in the 13th century from family feuds that brought countless street assassinations."

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

And it looks like Black hasnt changed:

There was certainly a healthy aggression to the local side, but none to match the bite of Caley midfielder Ian Black.

Black's running battle with a temperamental local referee intensified as half-time approached.

Or was he trying to impress Brewster?  :003: