D.A.R.G.O.

Looks like we may well be signing the old song again this season...as predicted  :011:

10 July 2006 - Daily Retard

I'LL BE DARGO-ING NOWHERE

CRAIG DARGO has given Caley Thistle a pre-season boost by insisting he is staying at Inverness.

The 20-goal striker is yet to commit to an extension beyond summer 2007 but will sit down for talks with boss Charlie Christie on the team's return from Tuscany.

Dargo, who hit two goals in the 5-0 defeat of all-Italy amateur champions La Fenice Pistoia, said: "I certainly feel sharp and in great shape and this trip to Tuscany has added to that.

"I've scored five goals in the two games which gets the confidence going. I'll continue to work hard and if I can have a season like the last one I'll be absolutely delighted.

"As far as the seculation goes, I can simply say nobody's been in touch with me asking me to sign for another club.

"Maybe I'm a little older and wiser, but I just laugh about it all now. I've had it since my Raith days when big clubs from the south were supposedly poised to come in.

"I'm here with Inverness, and glad to be, and if anyone wants me they'll have to come in and speak to the board and buy me."But my future's here for this season, definitely. I know I'll be here and I'm looking forward to it."

HERALD

ALASDAIR FRASER in Tuscany July 10 2006 

Craig Dargo yesterday sent Inverness Caley Thistle fans the postcard message they all wanted to read – he is going nowhere this season.

The striker is yet to commit to an extension beyond next summer but will sit down for talks with manager Charlie Christie on the team's return from Tuscany.

Despite endless speculation linking him with clubs like Hibernian and Dundee United, Dargo admits he is amused and baffled by the widespread assumption he is intent on leaving.

Whatever else the future holds, the former Raith and Kilmarnock striker is clear on one thing – there is no chance of him bailing out before the end of his current deal.

While Caley Thistle are desperate to retain the player, Christie is realistic enough to recognise Dargo is entering a "huge season career-wise" and a repeat of the free-scoring antics of last season could propel Dargo to a whole new level on the club and, possibly, international front.

Dargo, who scored two in a 5-0 rout of all-Italy amateur champions La Fenice Pistoia, is unfazed by all the fuss. The 29 year-old stressed: "Of course I'd love to achieve those kind of goals in my career, as any player would.

"But form can dip, so, first and foremost, I just want to perform for Inverness. We want to make sure we get off to a great start in what is a really big season for the club.

"If these other things come along, then great, but I'm keeping my feet on the ground.

"As far as all the speculation goes, I can simply say nobody's been in touch with me asking me to sign for another club.

"I'm here with Inverness, and glad to be, and if anyone wants me they'll have to come in and speak to the board and buy me. But my future's here for this season, definitely. I know I'll be here and I'm looking forward to it."

Dargo managed to shrug off the pressure of failing to score for several months after his move to Inverness and is similarly untroubled by the pressure of now having to live up to high expectations.

The striker said: "Obviously, last season was a great one for me personally – definitely my best in football.

"If I can achieve similar feats this season, I'll be delighted but it's not all about myself. As long as we can do well as a team, I'll be happy.

"I certainly feel sharp and in great shape and this trip to Tuscany has added to that. I've five goals from the two games which gets the confidence going."

:clapping04: :clapping04: :notworthy01: :notworthy01:

Good news!

Just so we're singing from the same songsheet, what words are you using to spell out D.A.R.G.O?

Last season, I went with:

D - Dynamic

A - Amazing (athletic was a contender)

R - Rampaging (rumbustious another close shout)

G - Goalscoring

O - Ooooooooo...