ironworks

strathyjags

but we both know, folk who dance have more fun!  :003: :003: :003:

Couldn't agree more!!

I would argue that you can dance just as easily to rock music! My lasting image of dance fans from my days working in a club is of very sweaty, ill-looking folk with an unsettlingly similar appearance to Gollum from the Lord Of The Rings films. And it was more convulsing that dancing!  :001: Although, maybe it was the fact they were Aberdonians rather than dance fans  :001: :001:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:003: :003: :003:

So ITNjnr can you tell even though I don't support England at footie Im not anti English?  :001:

A wee birdie tells me even though Hamish has claimed to be ignoring my posts, he's quoting from them!  :015: :015: :015: Can anyone confirm this? I just get a message saying "This user is currently ignored" when he posts  :001:

Jnr, I don't think we'll be having that argument again! I went through it again at least 10 thousand times on Andy Murray's site, with folk far less sensible than you and I consider the whole thing to be done and dusted now with the english sent homeward tae think again  :001: :015: :015: :015:

Guest Lauraness

jnr your avatars rubbish! 

ooops nearly started another argument there........ :017: :016:

anyway IRONWORKS ok yeh looks like it could be a interesting wee place..hmmmmm

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about the Mee - Hamish love thing but....

just this evening seen an Inverness Courier with a picture of said Ironworks (I know news travels slowly to far flung places) - looks like a restaurant to me from the outside. 

Seems like steep prices for the bands on show as well.  Oh and a young Mr MacKenzie is involved - last time I saw him he was drunk in Wigan saying I'm never coming to England again or something to that affect.  :001:

Guest sophia

So nobody has been to Ironworks yet.

I do hope that it succeeds.

I hope Wayne does not catch up with one poster on this thread!

I was hoping to get there over the last week but ended up at Hootenaney's watching the great Eric Bogle.

From Waverley Station to Adelaide via Gallipoli his music has informed, inspired and uplifted.

Mee, we had a spare ticket that got snapped up at the door. If I knew you were so interested in music I could have invited you to join us.

I consider myself extremly lucky to have caught him in concert again, I'm sure even Hamish would agree that he may well be Scotland's greatest ever singer / songwriter.

Thanks Sophia but I'm quite choosy about who I spend my spare time with  :001:

I would argue that Dougie Maclean is Scotland's greatest living singer songwriter, but I'll give you Eric, fortunately Scotland has always had loads of talented writers and musicians, it's a shame that more of them aren't on the upcoming list for the Ironworks. I heard there were only about 400 at their opening night, and thats with free admission, doesn't bode well for the future but hopefully that'll change. I'm going to go to Shooglenifty on the 9th and the Peatbogs on the 23rd, and I see the Stranglers are playing as well so at least it's not all metal tribute bands!

Saw Eric at Peebles early on in the tour. I think he comes back this way at the end of his 64 gigs. Poor old Naelifts had to give up his ticket due to last-minute English visitors dropping in  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Eric's stuff has moved me far more over the years than Dougie Maclean, but his best years are well behind him now.

I've never paid much attention to the Stranglers since the good old days with a black leather jacket all gobbed on. Gave up after the Men in Black. Are they any good these days? I heard the single 'Norfolk Coast' and thought it was awful. Saw Hugh Cornwell at the Edinburgh Festival last year though, pretty good.

Just discovered Regina Spektor after seeing her at T in the Park. Lost out on a ticket for Edinburgh next Monday, on eBay last night.

• 3 weeks later...