Could we steal this idea from Aberdeen?

RossP

http://www.fundadon.co.uk/index.aspx

If we adopted this idea, I don;t think ICT supporters will be able to contribute as large an amount as the Aberdeen fans, but it would be a great way of raising money to help with the retention of players.

I also think businesses will look to invest money, so that they can have their names associated with those that donate the most. Is there any way businesses can donate money to ICT at the moment, where they recieve a bit of generous advertisement of their generocity?? Apart from Tulloch of course...

Any opinions?

Do you have Ian Broadfoot's book ?

If the answer to that is yes, then look up my name and you will see that I proposed a similar scheme called 'pay-a-player' back in the days before David Sutherland took over.

Whilst it was both a simple and I think great idea on paper, and people and businesses were very enthusiastic, it took on a whole different perspective when you actually started talking to people about direct debit forms, or yearly invoices ..... There was also the issue in the scheme that I was trying to organise of how you could 'ring-fence' the monies donated so that they went to the manager for players or the wage bill and werent gobbled up elsewhere at the club as it was haemorrhaging money left right and centre at that stage. Fortunately, we had David Sutherland and his solution was easier to organise !!!

After going through the agonies of trying to setup that scheme, I would say that if you want to fund a player, the best way to do it is to sponsor them - now that sponsorship of tops (H/A), shorts, socks etc is available there were very few players who had full sponsorship last season so loads of opportunities are available.

If a simple method of making one-off payments (e.g. paypal) could be adopted rather than long term commitments (e.g. standing orders), I think it would be a great idea.

Due to my unusual working routines and distance from Inverness, it isn't always possible for me to get to home matches. I would still like to donate the admission fee to the club though, but I don't think there's a facility for that.

I think there's probably a lot of folk out there who would use such a facility - people who, for whatever reason, don't go to a match but still want to put money into the club.

Count me in!

We now have the Supporters Trust - part of the function of this is to offer a vehicle for fans to club together to raise money which is then used to assist the club & community.  I'm sure they would more than welcome any ideas people have for fundraising and/or projects which fundraising could be targeted at.  The benefit of doing things via the Trust is that (if you are a member) you get a say in how the money is used.  It could be donated for a specific purpose, or, it could be used to buy shares, giving the fans a sense of ownership, and allowing the club freedom to spend proceeds as they see fit.

Moving this thread to ICT - Off The Park

couple of comments

If a simple method of making one-off payments (e.g. paypal) could be adopted rather than long term commitments (e.g. standing orders), I think it would be a great idea.

Thats all well and good, but it doesnt provide any long-term idea of how much is coming in from one week/month to the next so there is no way to know what your final total would be .... and therefore no way to plan on how much you have to 'pay-a-player'

Dont get me wrong, I like the idea of something like PayPal for one-off donations but but perhaps you might be better served in buying some of the unissued shares instead, ordering some merchandise or subscribing to an online commentary service (see next para.).

Hopefully the new official site will have subscriptions for things like audio/video coverage like other PTV sites .... I will have absolutely no problem subscribing to a service that gets me coverage over here and it would feel like I am almost paying my admission  :003:

We now have the Supporters Trust - part of the function of this is to offer a vehicle for fans to club together to raise money which is then used to assist the club & community.

Pay-a-Player was being discussed around the time that the Trust idea was first mooted - I always envisaged that although I was going to try and get it off the ground that a representative body such as this would have to run it so as to ensure that there could be no allegations of impropriety.

Bucket, I dont get to many home games so I dont buy a season ticket. To alleviate the guilt I sponsor a player. Cost works out a little more than the season ticket but I do get a top at the end of season. This sponsorship is, in effect, paying for the players kit for the season thus releasing money for other things.

Noted your comments Alex MacLeod - maybe player sponsorship is the way to go.

I assume it's strictly one sponsor per player, and possibly a danger of running out of players if too many potential sponsors!

Anyway, I'll look into that one. Thanks.

I assume it's strictly one sponsor per player, and possibly a danger of running out of players if too many potential sponsors!

You now have the option to sponsor players HOME / AWAY shirts, TRAINING KIT,  or BOOTS. If you have a look at this LINK you will see that plenty of opportunities were available last season.

Alternatively, if you cant afford to sponsor on your own, you could do the same as I did and get donations to sponsor a player. The Internutters player sponsorship started off this way through the website and luckily has continued under the watchful eye of Guzz as the Innes Bar Supporters Club sponsorship.

I havent spoken to CaleyD about this as yet, and realistically we still have too much to do to get the site fully operational for the start of this coming season, but I would have no problem if we looked into organising paypal style donations over the course of the season so that at the start of the next season we could do some form of sponsorship ... there would need to be something worked out for 'shares' so that someone who donated say 100.00 had more chance to win the signed top than someone who donated 5.00 but if people were interested we could certainly look into it.