Sheffield United Will Pump Us

RiG

According to this guy

Like to congratulate you lot for landing the mighty Sheff Utd in toneets pre season Friendly...What a game for Caley !!.

Im a Scottish Blade and cant make it tonight BUT their will be at least 300 other Blades heading North....Who will o doubt outsing you throughout .

Caley will be fitter than the Blades who have only had one mickey mouse game so far(Woksop 5-0),But with several places up for grabs United should be fired up for it.Therefore ,hope you enjoy the footbaling lesson that you will get tonight, and dont let a sure fire defeat get you down .

Prediction...I.C.T 1 v 2 Sheffield United

Now I have no doubts about the fact that United are a good team but this guy is unreal!  :015:

hope you enjoy the footbaling lesson that you will get tonight - Prediction...I.C.T 1 v 2 Sheffield United

a 2-1 defeat is a footballing lesson ??? 

It doesnt really matter how the score goes. Nothing is going to be taken from this game as we arent exactly fielding our strongest side. It will be interesting to see how we lineup though and to see what places are made available for former ICT players who played alongside Rossco in the last 10 years.

It will also be good to compair english premier and SPL standards.

Here in Coventry (and most of the world I guess) the SPL is compaired to Englands League 2. Especially when you compaire Yeovil towns highest bid of £20,000 and out highest of £65,000 in the transfer stakes..... Not a lot of difference there

(end of my jabbering on - probably the bordham at work setting in DEEPLY)

Hope it is a good game and Rossco has the testimonial he deserves.

COME ON ICT!!!

(anyone going to be able to update as the goals go in?)

3-0 to United

Outclassed us at times, although we missed a couple of decent chances, especially Bayne sclaffing a shot when clean through and Bazza missing a penalty late on.............however, only a testimonial, it was about Rossco tonight and he even missed a decent chance from a Robson corner. Almost came back on to take the penalty, but he was having none of it.

Tomorrow might be more of a game.

ICT's first ever defeat against English opposition  :019:

However, it was all about Rossco tonight. Hope you had a great night big man and I hope to see you in action next week when it really matters.

Yes I did thanks gringers :003:

We started with something like

----------------------broonie------------------------

tokely-------caff--------------grantie---------golly

hart----------mcbain------rankin----------duncan

not sure why they bothered to turn up, but bayne and wyness were vthe strikers

I thought Roy McBain had a good game, Richie Hart looked okay and John Rankin seemed to fit in well.  I think Barry will be really embarassed about his penalty miss, especially as he had already sent the keeper the wrong way and then casually rolled the ball WIDE.  :015: :015: :015:

Mark Brown had a good save near the end.  It just seemed that it was one of these nights that we weren't going to score.  Good night for Rossco though and that's what it was all about.

Subs:  Barry Robson, Paul Ritchie, Stevie Hislop, Paul Sheerin Keogh and Tom Parrat for Rossco.

hmmmmnnnn, with regards to Rankin, he should pull his finger out as should Denzil. Poor performance by both and unless Denzil is doing something special in training, he will not be starting with Dargo. In our favour, we did not have Dods Hastings Black Dargo playing tonight, and Toklers is not fully fit. CC has a job to sort out his first choice midfield, he may have to compare notes with granty24 to find out his starting selection. :010:

Denzil has not had a good pre season at all and tonight we had just as many chances as SHefield Ubited but we still lost 3,0. The half time game was the highlight along with the reception Rosco got but if the opposition had being Rangers or Celtic or a top Premiership team those stands would have being full too the brim so a shame for Rosco. :006:

But good entairtainment tonight espicially the refaree :notworthy01:

hmmmmnnnn, with regards to Rankin, he should pull his finger out as should Denzil. Poor performance by both and unless Denzil is doing something special in training, he will not be starting with Dargo.

Can't agree with you there. Thought Rankin was OK, certainly worked hard and provided the killer ball for Bayne only for him to bottle it. There were poorer display's on show. Not sure who you are going to replace Wyness upfront with either.

I actually thought our man of the first half was McBain and you won't hear me say that often!! I thought him and Duncan played really well

Guest Sandy Cromarty

At times they did really outclass us especially that number 10, all the forward line had great pace and I liked the way they kept the ball on the deck with some neat one two's from the 18 in, how would it have been if the game had been competative, a rout I fear.

Anyway all in all it was a good night for Ross and I hope he did well out of it, no one player for us shone tonight, the above comments about Wyness were much the same as I said after the Clach game and what is to become of Bayne, admittedly their number 4 marked him out and was physically aggressive, hopefully he will get back on his game.

Hislop showed again he is as much good as a pocket in a sock.

Ok then kencar, i'll cut to the quick.............Rankin was pish.............but I know he can produce better. .it is difficult to judge performances based on a few pre-season friendlies, but the ones I have witnessed, Denzil is the biggest sinner, followed by ..................no one...............Denzil take note, your displays have been dire, and that is a great pity because I believe you have the talent to do well in this league.......so. whatever is restricting you, get fekkin stuck in.......or ta ta

Guest samuelbarros

Well, I agree with kencar - I thought Rankin was OK and showed promising signs....plenty of energy, one or two decent forward passes, quite a few off-the-ball forward runs, albeit nobody was in tune with him or noticed him making them. Once the team settles down and the midfield develop better team play and understanding with each other, I think good things will happen, especially if we get a striker on form, unlike tonight.

Hit the woodwork twice, missed a sitter and a penalty, 2 other decent chances. It wasn't such a bad performance. Sheffield only showed in spells and at times we dominated them. Their number 10 was a tricky customer and to be honest, it was down the left wing in the second half where they started to tear us to bits....Tokley's position, I'm afraid - he's certainly not fit and tired noticably.

0-3 not a true reflection.

Rankine played well and showed a great deal of vision, which no-one in the team seemed to play to yet. He will be an asset. McBain played well sent in a perfect cross for one of the many Bayne misses - what is he for. Golly, Caff, Denzil poor. The comedy second half was great, but I realised how much we lost when we lost Taxi Sheerin, he still has it. Sign this man now!!

The Blades looked superb at points, and ghosted through our defence. Shows you how much Dods is needed. I will be watching for them. They are going to be my wee team, now that County are going up - it says here.

The stand erupted with laughter when Barry missed the penalty. I just hope we can be so forgiving when St.Mirren come calling.

In the meantime we know who ate all the pies. It was Robbo.

I agree with everything..............apart from the Rankin  bitty...............he was no better than ok..... but then again he was no worse than what we we have................therefore for 65 grand, was it worth buying him?

I think he can deliver.............but tonight he was anonymous, like Wyness and a couple of others..........then again, it was only a kick about............

I thought Rankin was ok as well.

Bayne is just simply not good enough. Denzil has been complete pish for the last 6 months, if we had another half decent striker then Dennis would be sat on the bench every week if he carries on like this.

And as for Golabek :008: What's the point in trying to play fancy 50metre cross field balls when he can't even play it to a team mate stood 10 yards away???? I hope he was watching Unnsworth tonight because every single pass Unsworth made was simple, and precise.

McBain and Duncan were by far our best performers I thought.

I sense a wee bit feeling of doom & gloom on here. I felt 3-0 flattered sheffield utd a bit..... on another night we'd have beaten them 4-3. They took their chances well while we hit the bar, hit the post, missed a sitter and missed a penalty.

1-0 at half time and tbh the second half was really a bounce game with all the guest players making their appearances, with special appreciation reserved for barry robson !! :004: :004: :004:.......( i thought the tannoy announcement for Urquhart & Noble might have been for them to get stripped and get a game !!! :015:)....let's not forget this was a testimonial!

Having said all that I am left feeling bitterly disappointed tonight..........................how the **** did the reds manage to get beat by the blues eh????? :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: ffs!!!  :003:

I thought we looked much better after Keogh came on, shame he hadn't been on from the start. And we missed Dods, Blackie and Dargo. Oh well  :007:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Re Rankine, I went up to a County game when all the 'will he won't he sign' brouhaha was going on and I wasn't impressed, then last night from where I was sitting centre park he looked good with a couple of neat passes and runs to goal which would have paid off if the players involved had savvied the moves, so it may be that once he blends he could deliver. Now having said that I raved over Darren Campbell after the Clach game and then he was keech at Banff so who knows??

As the Jeggie succinctly pointed out..it was only a feckin testimonial and Rosscoe picked the feckin team. Rankin only got in cos he cant play against his old caravan dwelling brethren. It was interesting that the three major missing personnel are in contract disputes. Will they all play today?

I enjoyed the half time entertainment and thought it quite brave of Brewster to make an appearance knowing the stick he'd get. Oh how the ex managers must have regretted the day they walked to " bigger clubs"! :015: