Charlie Hopeful On Black Deal

RiG

link works fine

Inverness Caley Thistle manager Charlie Christie hopes Ian Black will sign a new contract with the club this week.

The 21-year-old was the subject of failed bids this summer from Dundee United, but his current deal expires at the end of the coming season.

"Ian can see a future at this club and he has the potential to go on to a really big club in the future," Christie told the club website.

"If we can get the deal done it'd be a boost for myself, Ian and the club."

Hopefully he does sign but the cynical side of me suggests this might have to do with ensuring that we recieve a fee for him if he does decide to leave.  However, I think that he could do better than Dundee Utd, especially if he has a stand out season in the SPL.  Look, for example, at Burton O'Brien and David McNamee who used success at Livingston to sign for Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry City respectively, or Daryll Duffy who went to Hull City from Falkirk.  Black would make more money and give himself a better chance at a great career if he went to England rather than cash in his chips early and go to tannadice.

Do not mock the power of the T-cup. I am giving away too many of my inherited skill tonite. To answer yer question JB it was a cold black J but that will mean nothing to the ungifted.

By the way mee the kilts at the Dry Cleaners.  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Black's agent is a bam, Black makes the runs for sure  and is nice to watch but is easily disposessed and then he makes with the whining to the ref or retaliates, unless he grows up we will see him with at least one red in the coming season, would we miss him?? would the team be less without him?? did the team perform worse without Jaunjo?? been there, done that, and at the end of the day we are down by the head with midfielders, Keogh is a better player and Darren Campbell a better prospect so feck off to Hull City Black, Hull who??

Tasseography is not flawless but reliable in the hands of a skilled practitioner

Inverness CT 3 - 0 Ross County

ALASDAIR FRASER at the Caledonian Stadium July 24 2006     

IAN Black is set to end a summer of speculation by committing to three more years in Inverness.

The midfielder, a target for Dundee United, has been offered a two-year extension and should sign by the end of this week. Craig Dargo and Mark Brown have also been offered terms described as the best in the club's history.

"This is a great club to play for and I feel I can develop my game here," the 21-year-old said. "I'm looking to buy a house in the area and that's a big commitment."

Charlie Christie, the club's manager, sensed a "change of attitude" in Black. "We're now hopeful of tying things up and that's a big plus," he added. "I've said to Ian I'm convinced he will move onto bigger things but that this is not the right time."

The air of optimism at was strengthened by a win over Ross County, with goals from Stuart McCaffrey, Dennis Wyness and Richie Hart.

:001:

And there is more  :010: :010: And look at the Headline  :015: :015: :015:

24 July 2006

FAMILY NESS

Black to sign new deal at club he loves

By Alasdair Fraser

TWO years ago Ian Black had never even heard of Inverness Caley Thistle - now it's the only club on his lips.

The midfielder last night revealed he is ready to snub DundeeUnited by signing a new two-year deal with the Highland outfit.

His old boss at the Caledonian Stadium, Craig Brewster, was keen to take the youngster to Tannadice.

But the former Blackburn Rovers starlet reckons his education would be better served by staying at Inverness and is all but certain of pledging himself to three more years.

Black, who held talks with his agent Gary Mackay and the club on the morning of the win over Ross County, said: "We're really close to an agreement and it could all be wrapped up before the end of the week.

"What manager Charlie Christie has spoken about is really good. "I'm more than happy here.

Inverness gave me my chance and this club has got me where I am.

"They were always the first club I was going to speak to. This club's progress has surprised me because I came up here knowing nothing about Inverness. I hadn't even heard of them.

"I'm looking to buy a house in the area because I've got my fiancee and my little one to look after now.

That's a big commitment on my part and one the club are delighted with."

Black was signed by John Robertson in July 2004, breaking into the side and becoming a favoured choice under successor Brewster.

The United boss fuelled a summer of endless speculation by making no secret of his desire to take him to Tayside. And the 21-yearold said: "It has been a distraction but I take it as a compliment.

"To come up here at a young age and to have clubs wanting you has been brilliant. You feel you must be doing something right.

"But this is a great club to play for and I feel I can develop my game here. So to be getting this chance is unbelievable.

"People under-estimate us but we're a big team now in the Premier League."

Towards the end of last season, boss Christie sensed a change in attitude from Black over his future.

His hopes were confirmed in the last few days but the manager is withering in his criticism of Dundee United's conduct.

Christie said: "I got the feeling Ian's opinion was changing and we're now very hopeful of tying things up.

"I've said to Ian I'm convinced he will move on to bigger things in his career but this is not the right time.

"And certainly, some of the clubs that have been mentioned are not a step forward for him, in my opinion.

"The Tannadice situation hasn't helped. We tried to do it in as amicably and business-like a fashion as possible but some of the stuff coming out has been laughable. The Immortal Howden Ender was the only one talking sense"

While Christie is tantalisingly close to securing Black through until summer 2009, positive extension talks with Mark Brown and 20-goal Craig Dargo are unlikely to reach an immediate resolution.

The keeper and striker are in a similar situation to Black, with a year remaining, and are definitely staying put for this season. Christie said: "They know they are here for the year and we've left the contract offers with them. There's no rush whatsoever." 

""The Tannadice situation hasn't helped. We tried to do it in as amicably and business-like a fashion as possible but some of the stuff coming out has been laughable. The Immortal Howden Ender was the only one talking sense""

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: