Hamilton in for Dougie

Kylef

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dougie wont go to hamilton. That will be one place he wuill still away from after the ross mccabe incident.

Even if the deal is agreed with ICT, i doubt dougie will accept it.

I think we need to keep him, i didn't think Dougie was ready for the SPL last season and i think his inconsistency proved that. he isn't the best player we have but we can't loose any other players at this stage, i think it would be short sighted of the club to let anyone go at this stage if we want to go straight back up, we need a team that is settled.

I think Dougie would only leave for a bigger team anyway, however, I doubt that will happen.

Must have missed that - what is it with hiim and the Hammy fans?

I would be quite happy for him to stay, he will be an asset, and may be irreplaceable at this late stage. We dont have the depth of pool to lose folk, unless there is a big fat chequebook being flashed about.

When Dougie played for Clyde he was involved in a collision with a young Accies player Ross McCabe. As far as I understand it, McCabe slid in on Imrie, Imrie jumped out of the way and landed on McCabe's throat. McCabe then had convulsions on the pitch (I think his heart stopped). The game had to be abandoned as an ambulance drove onto the pitch. McCabe recovered but had to retire from senior football - he is playing in the Juniors I think. Some Accies fans (and officials, I think) suggested that Imrie was at fault for the collision or that it was deliberate. I think that there was a suggestion that Imrie laughed as McCabe was injured. I seriously doubt that - seems like it's one of these exaggerated hate fixations that develop in football. Imrie went to visit McCabe in hospital afterwards.

The Hamilton fans took the moral high ground in this 'controversy' by chanting 'Imrie, die' during our games against them. :rolleyes:

Rumour Mill for this until something a bit more reliable comes out.

BBC reporting that Accies have bid ?100k for Arfield. Very promising youngster, U21 international, 4 years of his contract still to run.

On that basis IF they bid for Imrie it wouldn't be enough to tempt us, would it?

BBC reporting that Accies have bid ?100k for Arfield. Very promising youngster, U21 international, 4 years of his contract still to run.

On that basis IF they bid for Imrie it wouldn't be enough to tempt us, would it?

Your right, if they are offering 100k for Arfiled, they would probably offer half of that for Imrie. As Imrie probably at best is half the player Arfield is.

Here's what Dougie had to say about the matter in Saturday's P&J:

I still have a year left on my contract and clubs did make inquiries, but I will stay here and do my best for Caley Thistle. I am not just going to jump ship and go to another club.

Seems pretty categorical, no?

I hope he stays.

If he stays, fair play to him..... great quote if he means it!! He'd be in his element this season and I'm sure he'd chip in with plenty of goals. Perhaps he's realised another club wont offer him as much freedom on the pitch as we do and he appreciates the oppertunity to work under Terry Butcher... or he might actually enjoy living in Inverness :rolleyes:

But from what I heard at the end of last season I wouldn't be suprised if he has decided to leave... but now Hamilton have sold McCarthy & Easton are they a team he expects to stay in the SPL?? I think he might be holding out for a better offer

Your right, if they are offering 100k for Arfiled, they would probably offer half of that for Imrie. As Imrie probably at best is half the player Arfield is.

According to Soccernet, for last season:

Arfield

Age 20 Games 43 Goals 10 Assists 0

Imrie

Age 25 Games 36 Goals 6 Assists 5

There isn't a massive difference to be honest, I'd definitely say he's worth more now than when we bought him from Clyde. I would be very suprised if Falkirk accepted a bid that low for Arfield

When Dougie played for Clyde he was involved in a collision with a young Accies player Ross McCabe. As far as I understand it, McCabe slid in on Imrie, Imrie jumped out of the way and landed on McCabe's throat. McCabe then had convulsions on the pitch (I think his heart stopped). The game had to be abandoned as an ambulance drove onto the pitch. McCabe recovered but had to retire from senior football - he is playing in the Juniors I think. Some Accies fans (and officials, I think) suggested that Imrie was at fault for the collision or that it was deliberate. I think that there was a suggestion that Imrie laughed as McCabe was injured. I seriously doubt that - seems like it's one of these exaggerated hate fixations that develop in football. Imrie went to visit McCabe in hospital afterwards.

The Hamilton fans took the moral high ground in this 'controversy' by chanting 'Imrie, die' during our games against them. :rolleyes:

Eddie Malone was the one who was behaving like an ar$e whilst Ross was being revived; Reid and a couple of the players had to be restrained else there would likely have been a mass brawl, plus the Clyde fans were being abusive whilst he lay on the ground, it all added up to a thoroughly unpleasant spectacle

It's actually more to do with what happened at the re-arranged game than the game where Ross died on the pitch and it's just escalated from there with Imrie responding to the Accies fans chants (fair do to him). Oh and please don't lump us all in with the teenage morons who chant Imrie die, they've been told in no uncertain terms to stop it, but their small brains seem incapable of understanding what's wrong.

The Chairman and the manager both rate Imrie and it's not impossible he'd be a target, I doubt the views of the fans would have any influence on their thoughts.

I said it ages ago, he didnt play much in the friendlys and when we did play him he put in a shift... V's and SPL side!! I hope he goes and hamilton take him, there fans cant stand the man hahaha

It should help with is little know he picked up just before preseasson... the knock he was no longer an SPL Player.. if he goes it shows his true colours... Caley Man my arse!!!

I've never understood that point of view. IMO Imrie has been nothing but loyal over the last 2 years or so.

Played his heart out in every game i have seen him play under butcher, recognises the fans every time, and is a cracking wee player (arguably our best).

Imrie can stay as long as he likes at ict as far as i am concerned, he is a bit of a legend.

Brilliant shout there, Imrie was superb last season. Can never understand why people slag him...

SESH IMRIE!!!!!! :D :)

LoyalArmy, The mans a hot head, big head that can kick a ball, He would suit playing for Rangers with his attitude.. When you said he was superb last season Id agree as long as it was Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd Hearts and Hibs/Mwell

Edited by georgeios

Dougie's a brilliant player and his work rate is superb...

He might not be the finished article yet, but his game has come on in leaps and bounds since his arrival here.

If he keeps working on his game - especially his final ball - his contribution to ICT during this vital season could be immense...

I hope he stays put.

LoyalArmy, The mans a hot head, big head that can kick a ball, He would suit playing for Rangers with his attitude.. When you said you the games you saw him in I'll take a punt at the games you saw were Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hibs?

I don't buy the argument that Imrie only plays well against the big teams. Early last-season, he inspired us to an extra-time victory over Morton, scoring the winner and generally running his heart out. His sublime assist at Fir Park late last season was almost the moment that kept us up. I've also seen him have very poor games against the Old Firm and Aberdeen.

Dougie Imrie always gives everything. He's wasn't particulary consistent in the SPL but he's the type of player who could be a match winner in the first division. If we sell him for five figures then i would see that as a statement of our lack of ambition.

I agree no less that 100K, you can disagree all you want, if he was the "Player to save us" why then last year did he allow an SFL1 team take us to extra time, alot of fans on here blow smoke up his arse and thats what he likes!!!! as a player hes a good enough player, as a person.. well I'll keep my opinion to myself!

What Imrie is or isn't like as a person off the pitch has nothing to do with his contribution to the team and club.

None of you would tolerate having your character pulled apart by strangers (quite rightly) so let's afford Imrie (and all other players/stafff etc) the same courtesy.

I don't buy the argument that Imrie only plays well against the big teams. Early last-season, he inspired us to an extra-time victory over Morton, scoring the winner and generally running his heart out.

Obviously he'd been reading Jackie Stewart's autobiography before the game. Either that or the Mor(t)on fans barracking him fired him up.

Dougie Imrie always gives everything. He's wasn't particulary consistent in the SPL but he's the type of player who could be a match winner in the first division. If we sell him for five figures then i would see that as a statement of our lack of ambition.

It'd be difficult for the club to keep a player who obviously wanted to leave (although we did do it with Dods). If I were Butcher I'd say to Imrie 'Look, you can go now to a Hamilton or a St Johnstone type club or you can play a season with us in the First, give it your all, show how good a player you are and then if you leave look to England or a top-six SPL club.'

I have to say, how do 99% of you guys know what hes like off the pitch? Im sorry but if its all chinese rumours about the guy, then thats hard on him. Id like to keep an open mind.

I now a couple of folk in his "Group" from heading in to town, I dont mix or know of the man per say but mayby it is just hear say, but even his "group" at times know he can be a hot head, G's and taxi rank springs to mind...