Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi

Yngwie

Lockerbie bomber  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the release of the "Lockerbie bomber"?

• Yes, on compassionate grounds
    • Yes, because he might be innocent
    • No

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Americans can kiss my hairy arse! Bunch of *****! Who the hell do they think they are? Telling us what we should do. Feck off. *****. I fully support his release. There was never enough solid proof he did it IMO and he is dieing.

He was convicted by a Scottish Court DC, I expect they decided there was enough proof. The majority of Americans are decent hard working people, however some are manipulated by their media as are some of us.

Dont get me wrong, i know there are plenty of good Americans, but I also know there are plenty of **** from Scotland. Scotland is a very small minded country. But i am not decided on the issue, but one things for sure, i am not going to say this guy is guilty as i belive there is more to this than has been told and i think he has been used as a scapegoat.

"Dont get me wrong, i know there are plenty of good Americans, but I also know there are plenty of ^^^^ from Scotland. Scotland is a very small minded country. But i am not decided on the issue, but one things for sure, i am not going to say this guy is guilty as i belive there is more to this than has been told and i think he has been used as a scapegoat."

Talk about changing your stance on something. :D

He was convicted by a Scottish Court DC, I expect they decided there was enough proof. The majority of Americans are decent hard working people, however some are manipulated by their media as are some of us.

Talking about media manipulation, I'm still puzzled by the waving of the Scottish Saltires to greet Megrahi at Tripoli Airport...

Where did these people get these flags from? Are they on sale at every other corner shop in Tripoli? I don't think so.

I did see a suggestion in the Scotsman the other day, that factions of the media brought these flags to the Libyans, in an attempt to discredit Scotland and make the story more sensational.

I wouldn't put it past them.

Dont get me wrong, i know there are plenty of good Americans, but I also know there are plenty of **** from Scotland. Scotland is a very small minded country. But i am not decided on the issue, but one things for sure, i am not going to say this guy is guilty as i belive there is more to this than has been told and i think he has been used as a scapegoat.

Don't bother rattling my cage young laddie!!

The average Irishman, in the home he calls his castle, slips into his national costume, a shabby raincoat, patented by chemist Charles Macintosh from Glasgow, Scotland. En route to his office he strides along the lane, surfaced by John Macadam of Ayr, Scotland.

He drives a car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop of Dreghorn, Scotland, arrives at the station and boards a train, the forerunner of which was a steam engine, invented by James Watt of Greenock, Scotland. He then pours himself a cup of coffee from a thermos flask, the latter invented by Dewar, a Scotsman from Kincardine-on-Forth.

At the office he receives the mail bearing adhesive stamps invented by James Chalmers of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland.

At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by Kirkpatrick Macmillan, blacksmith of Dumfries, Scotland.

He watches the news on his television, an invention of John Logie Baird of Helensburgh, Scotland, and hears an item about the U.S. Navy, founded by John Paul Jones of Kirkbean, Scotland.

He has by now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation he picks up the Bible only to find that the first man mentioned in the good book is a Scot, King James VI, who authorised its translation.

Nowhere can an Irishman turn to escape the ingenuity of the Scots.

He could take to drink, but the Scots make the best in the world.

He could take a rifle and end it all but the breech-loading rifle was invented by Captain Patrick of Pitfours, Scotland.

If he escapes death, he might then find himself on an operating table injected with penicillin, which was discovered by Alexander Fleming of Darvel, Scotland, and given an anaesthetic, which was discovered by Sir James Young Simpson of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the anaesthetic, he would find no comfort in learning he was as safe as the Bank of England founded by William Paterson of Dumfries, Scotland.

Perhaps his only remaining hope would be to get a transfusion of guid Scottish blood which would entitle him to ask "Wha’s Like Us".

But we do have to put up with strange neighbours!

For the record - the majority of the US citizens do not even hold a Passport! Scots small minded?- P*ss off unless you are referring to Dornoch!

Talking about media manipulation, I'm still puzzled by the waving of the Scottish Saltires to greet Megrahi at Tripoli Airport...

Where did these people get these flags from? Are they on sale at every other corner shop in Tripoli? I don't think so.

I did see a suggestion in the Scotsman the other day, that factions of the media brought these flags to the Libyans, in an attempt to discredit Scotland and make the story more sensational.

I wouldn't put it past them.

How true!!

My home from home at the start of the Irish troubles was the Press Club in Edinburgh. The returning reporters having spent their expenses, needed column inches and, by their own admission, paid youngsters to wear an OF scarf, kept for the task and throw stones through the window of an opposition supporter, making certain the colours were spotted.

In no time stones were flying between factions, the wee boy paid, the photos taken, the required number of words written, on the plane and home, the editor satisfied, leaving mayhem behind them.

Callous or what?

As we all know now the escalation was hellish, the presses fault? Maybe.

Advantage taken of the situation by people with bigger agendas? That's for sure!

Strike a cord re the current situation?

Don't bother rattling my cage young laddie!!

The average Irishman, in the home he calls his castle, slips into his national costume, a shabby raincoat, patented by chemist Charles Macintosh from Glasgow, Scotland. En route to his office he strides along the lane, surfaced by John Macadam of Ayr, Scotland.

He drives a car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop of Dreghorn, Scotland, arrives at the station and boards a train, the forerunner of which was a steam engine, invented by James Watt of Greenock, Scotland. He then pours himself a cup of coffee from a thermos flask, the latter invented by Dewar, a Scotsman from Kincardine-on-Forth.

At the office he receives the mail bearing adhesive stamps invented by James Chalmers of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland.

At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by Kirkpatrick Macmillan, blacksmith of Dumfries, Scotland.

He watches the news on his television, an invention of John Logie Baird of Helensburgh, Scotland, and hears an item about the U.S. Navy, founded by John Paul Jones of Kirkbean, Scotland.

He has by now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation he picks up the Bible only to find that the first man mentioned in the good book is a Scot, King James VI, who authorised its translation.

Nowhere can an Irishman turn to escape the ingenuity of the Scots.

He could take to drink, but the Scots make the best in the world.

He could take a rifle and end it all but the breech-loading rifle was invented by Captain Patrick of Pitfours, Scotland.

If he escapes death, he might then find himself on an operating table injected with penicillin, which was discovered by Alexander Fleming of Darvel, Scotland, and given an anaesthetic, which was discovered by Sir James Young Simpson of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the anaesthetic, he would find no comfort in learning he was as safe as the Bank of England founded by William Paterson of Dumfries, Scotland.

Perhaps his only remaining hope would be to get a transfusion of guid Scottish blood which would entitle him to ask "Wha's Like Us".

But we do have to put up with strange neighbours!

For the record - the majority of the US citizens do not even hold a Passport! Scots small minded?- P*ss off unless you are referring to Dornoch!

**** off yourself ya *****! Scotland is full of small minded people and it has been such a way all threw history. This country is full of greed and Idiots who only think about money. For instance, Thousands if not millions of men died to keep Scotland free for Centuries. Then, in 1707, the greed of Scots got the better of them and sold all those men who died out. Thats how small minded people in Scotland are. They are so small minded they sing about how Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy should **** off to Ireland yet what about James Morrison who they welcome with open arms because he choose Scotland over England. Same with Chris Commons. If you think Scotland isnt a small minded country, then you are small minded yourself. And does it matter if you dont have a passport? If you have never had the need for one then you dont have to get one!

So get that up ya!

"For instance, Thousands if not millions of men died to keep Scotland free for Centuries"

If I remember correctly, according to one of your other rants, that was their own fault. They knew what they were doing when they signed up or something to that effect. You can't seem to make up your mind can you? I think you should really sit down and think before you post.

Waiting ominously for your next vile rant. :D

"For instance, Thousands if not millions of men died to keep Scotland free for Centuries"

If I remember correctly, according to one of your other rants, that was their own fault. They knew what they were doing when they signed up or something to that effect. You can't seem to make up your mind can you? I think you should really sit down and think before you post.

Waiting ominously for your next vile rant. :)

Im talking about Scotland BEFORE the Union. Not after. I thought that was a bit obvious when i stated 1707 but obviously not.

"Dont get me wrong, i know there are plenty of good Americans, but I also know there are plenty of ^^^^ from Scotland. Scotland is a very small minded country. But i am not decided on the issue, but one things for sure, i am not going to say this guy is guilty as i belive there is more to this than has been told and i think he has been used as a scapegoat."

Talk about changing your stance on something. :)

He must have remembered that America has a fair smattering of Irish Republican supporters... including the late Teddy Kennedy... so maybe he's concluded they're not that bad after all.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

He must have remembered that America has a fair smattering of Irish Republican supporters... including the late Teddy Kennedy... so maybe he's concluded they're not that bad after all.

The most intriguing thought running through my mind when reading our Sutherland friend's contribution is the fact that Dornoch Academy once had the audacity to opt out of Council control, in Thatcher's time, before coming crawling back to the local authority. Perhaps it was the stress of too many DC's!!!

Teddy Kennedy wasn't all bad Charles. If I recall correctly I'm sure he looked quite hard for the poor lassie who ended up in the river with him when he was half shot. He even asked for help the following morning after leaving her!!

Talk about changing your stance on something. :rolleyes:

Been a lot about Teddy Kennedy recently, including the fact that he had the courage to recant his previous views on republican tactics and put pressure on the IRA to enter the peace process, as well as badmouthing Noraid. His work on social policy reform also gets the thumbs up from me. As they said, he may have in the long run done a lot more good that either of his bros, despite being less celebrated. Nice to see a yank with an imagination about what could be.