Why boo Hissy?

Guest The Chieftain

Guest The Chieftain

Good HMS Sneck support yesterday, plenty craic (making the wee wifey Barsteward chase the 'bye-bye Livi' banner, Easy! Easy! chants to the other steward doin' his rounds up n' doon the stairs,etc :lol: )

But why did some of us feel it was necessary to boo Hissy pre-kick off as he came to retrieve a ball that ended up near us during the warm-up? Personally I was disappointed by this as it showed what short memories some of us have.

Remember this is the same Hissy who swung on the tinks crossbar, the same Hissy who always gave 100% for ICT, the same Hissy who left the club under acceptable circumstances as he'd suffered injuries and was 'out of the picture' at ICT and didn't commit an act of treachery like some of our departures (who invariably end up with egg on their faces) when he joined Gillingham, the same Hissy who only ended up at Liviscum by default after his disasterous spell at 'The Gills' and most importantly the same Hissy that scored 'the goal' (and arguably our most important goal ever) at Clyde that really ensured us SPL football.

Even when he was booed yesterday he didn't react or goad us in any way. He simply gave us a wry smile, collected the ball and went on his way, but god knows what he must have been thinking. For me, a round of applause and even a wee chant of appreciation would'nt have gone a miss.

So well done Hissy, I don't feel that the actions of some represented the true feelings of ICT supporters yesterday and for me Hissy will always be an ICT Legend!

Proud to be ICT!

I would imagine that pro footballers would expect that sort of reaction from former fans, albeit not an endearing thing to do, it is like a form of affection.

He is a decent guy and I know he reads the forums.

Hissy, we lub u really :blah:

I clapped when he got booked during his warm up and I applauded when he came on the pitch BUT I booed and fecked the **** when he wasted time three times when he came on and should have been booked again. Altho i will never have the shegworthy devotionof Mee I still applaud him. Just going to Livi makes ya a cheatin *******. :D

Feck knows why folk booed him - if it wasn't for his goal v Clyde we wouldn't even be in the SPL. I will always love him for that. And at least he didn't swing on the crossbar when Livi scored!

I'm devastated that he got booed and the booers are just very very lucky I was ill and not at the game!

Why did he get booked when he was still on the bench though?

No matter what you said about Callum Murray, it would be true! Loved Caley Fifers pic of him showing the back of his training top to the ref with no number on it!

Guest Reefinweed

Could be something to do with his interview in the paper where he said he would love to score the goal that made us miss the top six!!!