Worst performance yesterday

Guest SOOLIVAN

Guest SOOLIVAN

came not from Golly or Broonie but the ICT support! After St Mirrens eqauliser the silence was deafening,with no attempt to lift the team.I thought the supporters were their to ,well, support.

Drums back anyone? 

The St. Mirren fans were great and a credit to their team.

North Stand Massive tried to lift the team but obviously was left deflated by the manner of Mirrens second goal.

Its is always the case that the away support is noiser because there are less of them and are more determined to drown out the home support.

I remember last year down at Ibrox, when Dargo scored the wonder goal, we were full of noise right throughout the match.

One thing I noticed was when they went 2-1 up and their fans starting chanting "SPL, youre having a laugh!!" I think people around me were about to join in!!

Under this category  can also be lumped the poor turnout--not exactly designed to lift the atmosphere and team to great heights---- this particularly true in view of the fact that apparently St Mirren brought at least one thousand  or more with them. Commentator on radio could only speculate as to how many but referred to ''the thousands that came North to support St Mirren".

So,  about 2000 to 3000 home fans in the park for an  SPL  first game....? :017:

The team did not give us much to cheer about I'm afraid. No loud raucous cheering from us when the defenders gifted the goals, only heads in hands in despair.

Anyway, we only have a core fanbase of aroung 3,000. Just as well St Mirren took along 800-1,000 or the season would have started with a fizzle. The general apathy goes on in the Inverness area, and the game is still pricing itself out of the market. Performances like that will not help the bank balance either. The first half was a shocker and fans were disgruntled before halftime. The icing on the cake for the disgruntled came when our mainstays broke and we let Saints in. If the club wants to attract more fans, then the club will have to have something on offer to get them through the gates.  This was not on display on Saturday. :019:

Guest SOOLIVAN

But that was kinda my point MFTJ,is it up to the team to give us something to shout about or when they are struggling is it not up to us to "noise things up " a bit and kick start them,12th man and all that.Reckon St Mirren players took great heart from the efforts of their suporters.

I remember thinking in the first half that there must be about 1000 Buddies in the far away stand, mainly clustered towards the left side. In the second half there seemed to be a lot more. So my conclusion is, another 500 wandered out from the pub at half time and got in for nowt  :017:

I'd been doing my best to forget about that Falkirk result  :006:

Personally I think going out of the Scottish Cup to PT was a worse result than that.

Saturday was painful though as the 3 points would have been handy considering what our next 4 fixtures are. Could be a VERY tricky August

Saturday definitely, the worst of the worst :010:

Falkirk, three goals from four breakaways, we had about a dozen good chances to score, we could have played till midnight and still not scored, Wyness missed one from six inches under the crossbar, it wasn't going to happen.

St Mirren, throwing the game away, defending poorly, and not being able to create anything, overall inept display, possibly the worst yet, no creativity, no urgency no good.

Yep, have to agree with that, we played not bad vs Falkirk that night - nothing went our way.

But the Midden game was a great disappointment, firstly a complete lack of passion in their play combined with very amateur defending from Dodds and co,( i can only hope that professional footballers getting called amateur hurts their pride a wee bit ) it it was me i'd be desperate to get out and prove them wrong.

Guest samuelbarros

It's a 2-way street, the fans need to lift the team and the team needs to lift the fans.

But surely the best supporters do not have to wait for the team to give them something to shout about....they cheer them on regardless. It would be nice to think that the support should be unconditional.

Guest kingkojak

FFS its all very well saying that support should be unconditional - but when your watching yer team play cr4p ye cant expect the fans to jump about singing and cheering for the full 90....     

if ye went out for a meal and it was rubbish would you leave a tip?    :006:

same feckin principle! 

Guest SOOLIVAN

king kojak ,thats all very well if your a customer,(if the meal was rubbish i wouldn't pay for it never mind a tip) the thing with football is, your a supporter,and you can(collectivley) make a differance.different principle altogether

Funnily enough I never noticed/heard anyone standing shouting and cheering for the team for a full 90 minutes, so either you weren't doing it very loudly Soolivan, or your on here preaching that we should be supporting the team vocally for 90 minutes when your not doing so yourself.

I actually thought the fans were pretty good considering the performance on Saturday.  Immediately after the equaliser there was a pretty good session of chanting for the team, but the team never responded, in fact they went on to lose an even worse goal than the first one.

Kinda hard to keep the chin up and keep on shouting when things are going like that.

The only thing that annoys me is when the noise coming from the fans is negative, these people who sit and shout at players for every single poor touch of the ball yet sit in silence when we score or put together a good play are the ones who get right on my t1ts.  Those who prefer to sit and watch the game in silence are doing nobody any harm, they paid their money to see the match the same as you did, so let them be and you enjoy the game the way you want to without worrying about others.

Guest SOOLIVAN

Yer quite right CaleyD,I was as guilty as the rest of the support for putting in a bad performance on Saturday,and include myself in the collective worst performers,hence the suggestion of bringing the drums back as we obviously need a bit of geeing up , your point on negative shouting is also valid and these people are heard much more clearly once the masses have been silenced further affecting players confidence,a downward spiral dont you agree?

Heres hoping that we make more noise at the next home match against Hibs. I wish that we still had the drums they always made for a good atmosphere.  I love it when we get to sing shout and cheer and feel it only helps lift the team. At home we should make so much noise that we give the opposition the willies and make then quake in their boots.

The drums were never my cup of tea, but...again...they did no harm and probably did help lift the crowd, so if someone wants to bring drums and the club are willing to allow it....Bring them on.

Not sure if the club shop still have them, but they were selling those inflatable "CheerStix" which make a fair racket.  Perhaps those who are in to that kind of thing could get their hands on some as they would make a suitable alternative to drums.

If you want to do something like that you don't need to wait for someone else to do it or seek any kind of approval from other fans, take the initiative and lead the way.

When there is songs not enough people are joning in.  It started ok on Saturday but there is so many people doing nothing.  As for the moaning.  The idiot in the north stand who week after week does nothing but complain really fecks me off.  5 minutes into the game he moans and claims "here we go again, utter rubbish".  His is a £20 we could do with out.  Yes Golly had a stinker but you don't cheer when he comes off.