RossP

Seems like a nice enuff chap.

Referee Profile 

Calum Murray

Date of Birth:  7 July 1967

Height:  5' 11"

Weight:  11st 3 lbs

Profession:  Systems Developer

First ever match:  Royal High School v. St. Augustine's High School U13, Edinburgh

First international match:  Willem II v FC Malaga , Intertoto Cup Semi Final as 4th official in August 2002

Career highlights  Assistant Referee at the OVD Junior Cup Final in 2000 , Promotion to Category 1 in the same year , Referee Scottish Youth Cup Final in 2003 and elevation to the FIFA List of Referees for 2005

What does being a football referee mean to you?  Being involved in football at every level in the game gives you immense satisfaction and , for the most part , is very rewarding . It also keeps you fit and keeps you involved in football long beyond your playing days !

Why did you become a referee?  As a sixth year pupil at my old school I was asked to help out refereeing some of the younger age groups and found I enjoyed it and continued to help out after leaving school . It was a few years later that I decided to go through the Course held in Edinburgh officially and soon after became hooked .

Would you have wished to become a full-time referee?  Definitely

Any pet hates in football?  Injury obviously but also the behaviour at the sidelines in Public Park football at times has a detrimental effect on the recruitment and retention of younger referees .

What Law of the Game would you change?  None – I think the Law Changes in recent years have made football a better spectacle but think we should consolidate with these changes and keep the status quo for a few years

The most difficult Law to apply?  Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity can pose difficult judgements for Referees

Your best memory in football?  Every Internation trip to date I've been involved in has been great experience.

Other sports or hobbies?  Enjoy spending limited free time at home or about with wife and 2 wee ones!

Your main strength?  Man-management - generally enjoy dealing with players and usually quite good at reading situations onthe park.

And main weaknesses?  Can give impression of being too laid back at times.

What's in your car CD player?  The Killers, Primal Scream, Bob the Builder Compilation (a must have for long journeys to Inverness)

Beer or wine?  Wine

Favourite film?  Forrest Gump

Tastiest food?  Tuna Pasta

Favourite holiday destination?  Lake Garda in Italy

Luck or judgement?  Luck

Dress up or dress down?  Both - depends on the occasion.

Whom would you most like to meet?  No-one in particular, although did meet Billy Connolly (and talk football) last year at Heathrow which was a good experience. We actually manhandles Chris Tarrant ou the way so we could speak to him which was even better. I also follow the tasseography of the Immortal Howden Ender.

Ambitions?  Simply to stay fit and healthy and continue to contribute and enjoy refereeing as long as possible

Any advice for young referees?  Always be prepared to listen to advice and guidance and to roll with the punches

Or it could mean he likes leaving stains in IHE's teacup  :001:

Calum Murray was the worst ref of last season imo, we're fecked  :006:

Strange choice of hobby for Calum Murray..... Most of them chose m'sturbation for that category.... :003:

Calum Murray's so ugly he wouldn't even f*ck himself  :001:

JB don't turn into yet another one of the cast of Last of the summer wine on me, I've got enough older guys with age complexes thanks  :001: