summer sighings

ICT90

CC was on 90 minutes last week saying that whilst we have some money available for new signings the squad has done so well that he isn't convinced we need new players!!

Bit odd considering we tried to sign Rankin and an unknown left midfielder in January!!

I suppose it may well depend on who leaves in the summer as to who we are likely to sign

Rankin would be my No 1 choice

It always amuses me when people suggest we sign current SPL players.

The simple truth of the matter is that we are not in a position to sign any SPL 1st team players. We offer less wages and most are reluctant to relocate up here.

We have to look elsewhere, ie Lower Divisions, youngsters, Free Transfers and maybe the occasional SPL squad player

Whilst I can't see us poaching one of Falkirk's best players I don't see why we can't start to attract a higher calibre of player. This is our first full season playing at home in the SPl, with the money we are taking in and the fact we are now an established SPL club challenging for a European place (kind of) we should have no bother in competing with the rest of the smaller teams in the league when it comes to attracting good players.

PS If that sounds like jibberish its because I'm hungover.....

Alan Gow would cost too much and isn't any good anyway.

We should try and sign Don Cowie from County, he is a decent wee player apparently. Rankin has gone off the boil since the transfer window and if he does move it'll be more than likely to St Mirren or a team like that, ie from the South. Perhaps we could look to England, we did not bad getting Ian Black and Alan Morgan from Blackburn.

Edited to say: I see in teh press Gordon Strachan wants to put some of his younger players out on loan for next season. This could be worth a look at, a player like Charlie Mulgrew would be a good addition.

I expect CC to make his mark on the team by signing 3 or 4 new players.

With Caldwell heading to the tims Hibs will be looking for a big centre half and unfortunately I can't think of a better candidate than Dodsy, even though Caff is a straight replacement we will still need a squad player. (Hopefully not Paul Ritchie)

If we can't get Rankin we will need another creative midfielder to give us more options.

I still think Hart's best position is centre mid and with possibly Barry's last season I would like to see a young pacey right winger.

Maybe a target man also..... Nish from Killie????

Can't wait to see some new players in the ICT badge :)

Dundee seem to be on the brink on making severe cuts again, which might mean they will accept any reasonable offers. Should we enquire about Robb, again? Or has he not lived up to his previous potential?