Boyd for Scotland

RowdyBey

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I wasn't seriously suggesting DC was a Celtic fan. I had hoped he was Inverness. Given that the merger was well over a decade ago, I thought all that previous allegiances rubbish was far behind. I mean, given the amount of OF boards out there, why bother posting on this one if you don't support ICT?

I thought it was a bit off that, because someone rated Boyd (as well as McDonald) that meant he must be a Rangers fan. It's just insulting. I rate Boyd. I think he's the best Scottish finisher since McCoist. And yet...I also rate Ross McCormack and James McFadden* but have zero allegiances with Motherwell, Cardiff or Brum (apart from wanting Scots to do well down south). I even rate James McArthur but that doesn't mean I secretly wanted the Accies to avoid relegation least season.

*in a 3-pronged attacking midfield with Riordan, plus Boyd up front

The bit in this whole saga that I can't understand is some peoples willingness to totally ingorne boyd's treatment of our nation. Most of us would do anything for the opportunity to play for our country yet this bampot decides when he'll play, who he'll play for and many don't see this as an issue.

If your neighbour popped over the garden fence and dumped on your doorstep would you invite him in for dinner if he was the best pie eater you knew?

iamthecaptain the more you harp on the more obvious it becomes .

That your a closet Celtic fan? :010:

Seriously, I dont think your a Celtic fan. Though surely a Rangers fan would avoid using the word hun also?

I just happen to rate Boyd fairly highly (in terms of Scottish players) and would welcome him back, providing he backed up his inclusion and kept schtoom. If he isn't selected for whatever reason ask his coach, not complain and take a huff.

Im all for 2nd chances, providing the person learns his lesson and takes that chance.

Everone seems to have forgotten the O'Conner incident and the fact he left it until another manager came in before even apologising, or the fact Weir quit under Berti Vogts. But since then both have looked to press on. Because it is in the past.

Ps to say Larsson went on to prove himself is a touch incorrect. He was already a regular in the Sweden squad before Celtic and had a starring role in Swedens 3rd place play-off victory thrashing of Bulgaria in the 1994 world cup. Petty I know.

The bit in this whole saga that I can't understand is some peoples willingness to totally ingorne boyd's treatment of our nation. Most of us would do anything for the opportunity to play for our country yet this bampot decides when he'll play, who he'll play for and many don't see this as an issue.

Yeah, what about Weir and O'Conner? Shall we **** on their doorsteps? Capello has asked Caragher back two times.

Boyd is not the 1st player in the world to refuse to play for a certain manager Internaionally. I doubt he will be the last.

Hell, Makelele retired and kept getting called up. France then kept threatening to induce the 4 day rule.

Edited by iamthecaptain1

That your a closet Celtic fan? :P

Seriously, I dont think your a Celtic fan. Though surely a Rangers fan would avoid using the word hun also?

I just happen to rate Boyd fairly highly (in terms of Scottish players) and would welcome him back, providing he backed up his inclusion and kept schtoom. If he isn't selected for whatever reason ask his coach, not complain and take a huff.

Im all for 2nd chances, providing the person learns his lesson and takes that chance.

Everone seems to have forgotten the O'Conner incident and the fact he left it until another manager came in before even apologising, or the fact Weir quit under Berti Vogts. But since then both have looked to press on. Because it is in the past.

Ps to say Larsson went on to prove himself is a touch incorrect. He was already a regular in the Sweden squad before Celtic and had a starring role in Swedens 3rd place play-off victory thrashing of Bulgaria in the 1994 world cup. Petty I know.

Yes but he still had to prove himself at that level didn't he? I wasn't just referring to his days at Celtic. I was saying that in Larsson's Career, he managed to prove himself at THE highest level. Boyd hasn't.

That your a closet Celtic fan? :008:

Yes but he still had to prove himself at that level didn't he? I wasn't just referring to his days at Celtic. I was saying that in Larsson's Career, he managed to prove himself at THE highest level. Boyd hasn't.

Henrik Larsson was a class act though. He sullied himself playing in Scotland for as long as he did. He could have played for any top club but chose not to(Man Utd enquired on more than 1 occasion to Fergusons admission). Though his loyalty to Celtic must certainly be commended, especially in the modern era when managers, players, chairmen and even fans are to quick to chop and change as soon as the going gets tough.

But because Larsson was able to remain loyal to Celtic and still go on to win a champions league medal at 36/37, which is a feat in itself( Never mind the fact he turned the game around when he came on.), does not mean Kris Boyd is not good enough to play regularly for Scotland. It doesn't mean he's not a good striker. It just means he's got a hell of a lot more to do to even match Larsson in both achievements and in hard work on the training ground.

He's still got 10 years to do it. Though I would be very doubtful if he ever did. But he is about the same age as Larsson was when he came to Scotland so it's not beyond the realm of feasible plausibility for him to improve on himself somewhat in the next 10 years. Becoming a good player for his country therefore would surely be on that list.

Just been on Radio Scotland the a swap deal has been struck between Rangers and Chelsea. This sees Boyd heading to Stamford Bridge and Cole north to Ibrox. Figures have not been realeased but it's understood that at least 10 bags are involved!

Edited by Sorted