Roy McBain

Pele_Is_God

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this clamber to replace the present incumbent ( a guy who based on his track record could not get a job anywhere in club football for a considerable length of time) with another unemployed (or is it unemployable) coach (who based on his track record can not get a job anywhere in club football for a considerable length of time).

Can't see the wood for the trees? Or is every club in the country with a managerial vacancy now or the recent past wrong for not rushing to give many of the CTO posters "prodigal son" their post?

Have to agree there. Some seem to view Robbo as being a bit of a management god who, if was to get the job, everything would be perfect. I get the feeling that if he was to ever return, it wouldn't be as fruitful as his first spell.

Have to agree there. Some seem to view Robbo as being a bit of a management god who, if was to get the job, everything would be perfect. I get the feeling that if he was to ever return, it wouldn't be as fruitful as his first spell.

So, apart from yourself, who would you suggest?

I would be quite keen you look to other countries for a new boss. In particular, I'd look at countries who are renowned to play good attacking football (Spain, Netherlands, Portugal, Brazil etc.), and look at candidates who are out of a job but have some success at this level in their respective countries. Bringing someone in who is not as well known, with some new ideas I believe could be very effective.

Edited by Renegade

Gotta agree with Johnboy.

We will be skint next season and i'm guessing Robbo and Bazza will be willing to work on a much reduced salary than the current managerial set up.

I know Robbo has been out of work and how inexperienced Bazza is as a coach. The fact is they both have one thing in their CV's that makes them ideal and that is gaining promotion to the premier league...and it just so happens that they did it with this club.

This all makes me wonder if the powers that be would rather see the club go bankrupt than give Robbo the managers job. To be honest, part of me thinks that they probably would.

I wouldn't disagree with you Ren.

This all makes me wonder if the powers that be would rather see the club go bankrupt than give Robbo the managers job. To be honest, part of me thinks that they probably would.

I wouldn't disagree with you Ren.

I wouldn't disagree either....

But, by the time anyone sees any feckin sense it will be too feckin late....

Edited by Johnboy

If he gets the job, I certainly don't expect Robbo to do as well as previous. I'd expect it to be a five-year plan, looking at stabilising the club, bringing through younger players alongside seasoned professionals, maybe in a couple of years time being promotion prospects that have a chance of staying in the SPL.

Back then, we were an optimistic club on the up. Not now.

Guest Mahonio

I doubt Shearer would come back with Robbo. After all, they've never worked together and went to Aberdeen with Paterson.

So who was his assistant then because i can't remember?

Guest Mahonio

Donald Park. And no there is no chance he will come back to ICT, he has a cushy job with the SFA.

Plus he is/was on Hibs' coaching staff so i wasn't going to say he could come back in.