A.B.E.

Scotty

post-2-1267200308_thumb.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotlan...ast/8533791.stm

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/814688-anyone-...park-racism-row

A company selling "Anyone but England" T-shirts for this year's World Cup has rejected suggestions it is racist after police in Aberdeen visited its store.

so what do you think ?

Me personally, I am going for banter ;)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the whole concept of international football is racist. Players are barred from playing for 99% of the teams purely on the grounds of their nationality.

Perhaps we could have a test case where say Gary Caldwell sues the Brazilian FA for discrimination.

I wouldn't but the t-shirt, but I personally will be delighted when England get knocked out.

Not really about racism, it always makes it interesting. Not really about the English either, just an extreme dislike for the media stuffing as much '66 nostalgia as they can into their agenda's.

And Ian Wright.

Edited by tokelyisvictorious

I wouldn't but the t-shirt, but I personally will be delighted when England get knocked out.

Not really about racism, it always makes it interesting. Not really about the English either, just an extreme dislike the media stuffing as much '66 nostalgia as they can into their agenda's.

And Ian Wright.

Yes! You right!

we'd never hear the end of it if England wan!!

I'm a good part English and I personally don't find the whole thing racist at all - just at times a little sad. I agree with one of the posts above, we Scots are a rather petty and backwards bunch at times and whilst it is true that the English media do go on a bit about '66, how often do you hear Scots gloating about the events of '67? Whether in retaliation or not, quite a bit. It's also the same with other teams. How often do you hear ICT fans go on about the events of Tuesday 8th February 2000? A heck of a lot. England just have a bigger media platform and a larger fanbase, to bring up the World Cup win. And who can blame them? If Scotland won the World Cup, we'd never hear the end of that either.

Here we go again. Just once I'd like Scotland to qualify to give the anti English minds something else to think about. I must admit most of you see this as it's meant, banter but there will always be a few small minded folk who take it too far.

england.gifCome on England

Here we go again. Just once I'd like Scotland to qualify to give the anti English minds something else to think about. I must admit most of you see this as it's meant, banter but there will always be a few small minded folk who take it too far.

england.gifCome on England

You forgot your "I'm only joking, stick it up the English scum" smiley. :blink: :026:

What I want to know is why the English media seem to think it is compulsory for us Scots to support the English team if we're not there? After all France is a neighbour of theirs but they wouldnt support them would they? Back on topic I think someone has lost their sense of humour but I bet they sell lots after all this publicity.

**** the English wankers :026:

Ach its all banter. Hardly Racist because you dont like the team!

Actually I think you'll find that your first statement is racist but then again I expect nothing less from you.

**** the English wankers :026:

Ach its all banter. Hardly Racist because you dont like the team!

Actually I think you'll find that your first statement is racist but then again I expect nothing less from you.

That's not quite right is it? The English are not a race, I suppose you could liken them to a mongrel. Normans, Saxons, Romans, West Indians, Asians, etc., etc...... :blink:

So predictable isn't it. :lol:

I had better clarify my point.

Hating the team is not a problem even though hate is a bit strong. It's all banter and I'm all for that. I expect there will be a lot of "banter" between now and the end of the world cup or at least until England are out of it. A dislike of county is also not racist unless you call them one of the many colourful names that have been used in the past.

"**** the English wankers" is not banter it is racist and it is offensive. Especially coming from DornochCaley given his stance on all things English. (From previous "chats")

By all means have fun at the expense of the English or anyone else for that matter but don't cross the line from banter to racism or offence. Nuff said

PS: I think the Tshirts are quite funny actually. Predictable but funny

Edited by Oz647

It is transferred from a loathing of the media circus that always surrounds their national team. 1966 - 44 years ago they won and they still refer to it at every opportunity.

I'd better clarify my point. I don't hate the English nor am I racist. I don't care who beats them. :026:

It is transferred from a loathing of the media circus that always surrounds their national team. 1966 - 44 years ago they won and they still refer to it at every opportunity.

I'd better clarify my point. I don't hate the English nor am I racist. I don't care who beats them. :026:

Agree totally with your top point and the bottom one causes no offence just a rye smile as I see it for what it is, banter.