Bet of the Day ?

Canada Bob

Just had a phone call from Thirish Lad, he tells me that...

"Wheels Up, is confidently expected to win the 4:55 @ Newbury by a comfortable distance at a reasonable price"

He's not often wrong and he don't give me many per year, so I'll be having a bit more than a casual interest in this one, but backing horses is a hard game, they don't always do as expected, after all they're not "machines" they're only human after all, so things can go wrong, but all things being equal this one will put our hands into the bookies satchel...

Other than the above, I'm up to me b*llocks on Cowdenbeath this afternoon, 3 monkeys to win 2, had to take 4/6 but if you can get on at Hills coupon odds they are Evens that's a knocking bet, they should hiss it...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

East Fife hey, the B*stards, just leveled it up 6 minutes into the second half, hope I've no jinxed meself :D

What a bunch of dozy bleeders the Cows must be, a goal start and they fall asleep, 3 bleedin' monkeys on 'em too :D they should have had the game wrapped up !

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

4-1 the now, a goal a minute almost {since they fell asleep}, the money is as good as in the Bank !!!

just a matter of how many go in now...

Hey up !!! 2 more goals while I've been typing this up, it's 5-2 now... Must be a hell of a game...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

What a day, I won a grand on Cowdenbeath and I had 400 quid on Wheels Up @ 5/2 :)

Thirish Lad were right, it won in a canter, finished up 15/8 but I was on early and got the better odds :005:

Up 2 grand on the day, so that's me done for a while, Billy Hill aint gerrin' that back :011:

I hope one or two of you were on it ?

Canada Bob.

The nag only won because I left it alone Bob :lol:

Hey, many a true word, there's only one of me mates that I didn't tell about the horse or the Cows,

and the worst thing is of them all he's the one who needs money more than the rest of us, but owt you give him goes down the drain, it's better to leave him out and buy him some ale or shove him a few quid after the event, some folks are just no meant to win, and if you try to drag them out of the mire you finish up up to yer neck in it too :(

Just had a look at the race result, now I see how come Thirish Lad got the word on it, it was owned by JP McManus, and Thirish Lad aint a ditch digger his family are well off, they own a Hotel and a Golf Course in Galway, birds of a feather tweet together hey...

As for Cowdenbeath, I got a phone call from a bloke I know who's a "Trader" for Bald Fred's, {don't know where they get these fancy names from, Bookies never had "Traders", I suppose it just makes it sound "clever"}, anyway, I digress...

He phoned me to tell me that Bald Fred had just turned down a bet from a client wanting 30 grand on at 5/6 on Cowdenbeath, even though Hills had them at evens on their coupon, {but try getting more than a couple of grand on and you'll be told "the price has gone" that's why I had to take 4/6}, anyway.

The Trader told me they couldn't shift the bet {and make owt on it} with Betfair ot BetDaq as there wasn't enough money in the pool, so after phoning around they declined the bet but offered him 4/6 to 3 grand, and he took it, that's what raised a few eye brows at Bald Fred's from what I'm told they got rid of that and "took an interest" in the game, whatever that means.

Looks like something was afoot hey, the odd thing is I can go months and not get owt from eiher of them, then {like buses} two come within minutes of each other !!! glad they did though, just wish I'd had a grand on the horse though, but like I said, they aren't machines and they can let you down, it aint like soccer, you don't get horses deciding they don't want to win today :(

No bet for me for a few weeks the now, and I'm sticking to that this time, I blew me winnings a couple of weeks back so I'm hanging on to the cash this time, {unless Thirish Lad has owt to say that is} :015:

Canada Bob.

:(

Thanks Yngwie, it was a nice break for me, lifting me nose off the grindstone for a while, mind you you don't mind being on the grindstone when every spark brings you a quid, do you.

Now that I'm on the run in with the shaving cream and the mosquito repellent I'm already into a new venture, sorting out a way for folks in Third World Countries to have access to sanitized water.

I've been working with plastic buckets {and the like} lined with colloidal silver and nano particle titanium dioxide. The TiO2 is a photo catalyst, in that when light shines on it it releases ROS {radical oxygen species}, when they peculate through water in the bucket they kill bacteria, virii and even parasites like cryptosporidium {a killer, related to plasmodium, the malaria parasite}, and this little beggar aint just in the Third World either, you'll find them in public swimming pools, chlorine don't kill 'em either.

Interesting things these nano particles, hard to get to grips with how small these little "ball bearings" are, you'd need 40,000 of them to span the width of a human hair, how small is that !!!

Anyway, so far if you put 10 liters of well or stream water into me bucket and leave it in the sunshine for 24 hours the water becomes free of ANY pathogens, might still look an odd colour if you don't filter "debris" out of it, but there's nowt that would do you any harm in it...

The silver works in much the same way, except that silver don't need light, it just poisons bacteria and other stuff on contact, that's part of the reason that folks used to drink out of silver goblets to cut down on the bacteria.

Nowt new in this "invention" the beneficial effects of these two elements are well known, but the way I deploy them is novel, so there could be a Patent in it, mind you at 62 there'd be more life in the Patent than in me, so I might not bother taking a Patent out on it. The beauty of me buckets is, the coating is there for almost ever, you'd have a better chance of losing the bucket than losing the coating. I've already got UNESCO interested in it, if all goes well in further tests {against e-coli et-al}, if I make them UNESCO will buy them...

Keeps the mind active though don't it, it's no all about Haydock Park or the Champions League is it...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob