Bet of the Day Mk II

Canada Bob

Well it's been a busy day for me today, I heard from the Wigin Mafia that a club was going down the drain and fast, facing Administration and all that. Seems they are skint, lost their Manager this week, and 3 or 4 of their players have walked rather than take paycuts etc.

The thing is, they weren't the best of teams before all this, in fact they've lost their last 8 games in which they found the net 4 times and picked it up out of the net 25 times B) nowt like consistency is there :005:

It's no a game that you'll win a fortune on, unless you back their opponents up to the hilt, best price {was} 4/9 with Corals, I've just took all they'd lay me tonight, managed to take 4/9 to 900 quid twice and then when I went in for another 900 they let me have half of it, and then offered the me 4/9 to 10p FFS, yea, really...

I phoned them up and asked if they were still taking on the game, spoke to Lewis {one of the "Traders"} and asked him if they were still taking on the game, he said yes, so I asked him what the maximum bet was, I was staggered {twice} by his response, he said you can have 50 grand on !!!

Feck I thought, how much of that do I have the nerve to take, so I asked him if the odds had changed, he said no, 5/1 the home team, 11/4 the draw and 4/9 the away team. I thought sod it, I'll go in the deep end and I asked him for 9 grand on at 4/9 {tuther Bookies are laying 4/11 or worse}.

Lewis said you can have 50 on at that price, I though does he mean 50 grand ? but some chance, I asked him how come you just said I could have 50 grand on the game ! He said you can have 50 grand on the home team at 5/1 or 50 grand on the draw at 11/4 but 50 fecking quid on the away team FFS !!!

I guess they'd noticed me keep banging on 900 quids at a time and decided to have a closer look at the game, to find that the whole bleedin' club is in disarray, so that was the end of backing Welling {yea, I know, who the feck are Welling, I've never heard of them}.

Turns out welling aren't a bad team, top arf of the Blue Square Southern League, with a couple of games in hand of those above them, which if they win takes them into 3rd spot or so, so the incentive is there.

As for Weymouth {thome team} they are the basement team for that league, well they were when they were at full strength, who knows what they'll be like tomorrow with the bloke off the turnstiles in goal, and the groundsman at centre forward, i shouldn't jome should I, the Universe has an bad habit of kicking you in the b*llocks, but I'll take me chance with Welling FC.

I managed to get 1,200 quid on with BF too, at an even better price 1.50 so all in all I've about 2,500 quid on Welling, I hope they are 3 bowt up at HT :005:

It's game on now, thardest part will be trying to find out how the games going, do they show the Blue Square Southern on the vidi printer ? or Sky Sports Score thing ? shouldn't be a sweat, sould be a cake walk, but when you've a few quid on it gets the nerves janglin' a bit, that's wor it's all about though hey, gerring a bit of a rush, an' gerrin' one ore ont Bookies :003:

Canada Bob. 46012286 12/03/2010 23:42 PI Debit Cards deposit 900.00 - 900.00 56818914 12/03/2010 23:44 BET INTERNET - 900.00 0.00 46012398 12/03/2010 23:47 PI Debit Cards deposit 900.00 - 900.00 56818982 12/03/2010 23:50 BET INTERNET - 900.00 0.00 46012529 12/03/2010 23:54 PI Debit Cards deposit 900.00 - 900.00 56819056 12/03/2010 23:56 BET INTERNET - 447.19 452.81

Edited by Canada Bob

We Are Willing To Accept Part Of Your Bet

You have approximately 30 seconds to accept the revised stake

Should an event start this offer will be withdrawn

SINGLE BETS STAKE REQUESTED REVISED STAKE 1)Blue Square South Matches -

Weymouth v Welling ?452.81 Bet Declined

STAKE Offered ?0.10 TOTALS STAKE REQUESTED REVISED STAKE ?0.10

4/9STAKE ?0.10 STAKE POTENTIAL RETURN: ?0.044

Edited by Canada Bob

Just got back from an afternoon's fishing {caught a nice garfish, let it go though, not good eating}, anyway while I'm sat on a rock when one of the Wigin Mafia calls me up to say it's 0-0 at HT, I was sure he was winding me, so I just went along with it, until 15 minutes later he phones me to say it's 1-0 for Welling :)

Thankfully a few minutes later he called again to say 2 bowt, and then 3 bowt, weighed in the now.

I don't know where they get the info from, but I recall a match involving Weymouth a couple of years ago and they got that one right too, maybe they know someone down there, anyway, b*gger it, the money is going back on the debit card, I'll spend that on a few drams for me rather than the Bookie.

As I said you won't "get rich quick" backing odds on, but it's nice to pick up well ore a grand from a match that should have, could have been 6 bowt, nowt like knowing more than the Bookie does, or at least knowing before they do.

I'll be trying me best just to be an observer for Cheltenham, hard enough picking winners anytime but when the best are taking each other on I'll keep me money in my pockets. Might just have a bet on who rides the most winners though, either McCoy or Ruby, then again, might back 'em both against the field if the odds are good enough.

It's the safest bet at Cheltenham, you don't lose race by race, but you can be winning race after race, that'll be my bet next week, Ruby to win with a saver on McCoy.

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob