Intertoto Cup Draw

If we do make it we will play Dinaburg Daugavpils of Latvia or HB Torshavn of Faroe Isles in the 2nd round and then either OB Odense(Denmark), Vetra Vilnius(Lithuania) or Shelbourne(Ireland).

Guest Chemist

even if we do finish above them in points, hibs would get into the intertoto as no matter what we can only end up 7th.

Looks very unlikely after rangers dropped those points to aberdire today.

We now need rangers to beat celtic and hearts with hearts also losing one other game so the 1st piece of the puzzle falls into place. Hibs then clinch 4th as hearts then beat gretna. Seems unlikely

It's not over yet! I BELIEVE!

Full steam ahead HMS Sneck!

KOB - Don't you think a few wee trips in the Intertoto would be a huge boost to team morale?

The team are fit enough to cope, otherwise we wouldn't have put our hat in the ring. If Charlie brings in

3 new names as rumoured, the competition for places will only make us prosper.

Obviously, we could have a few casualties this Summer to make way for the newbies, but isn't that how every team evolves?

Mrs PB, possibly there could be a morale boost to the team and fans with being in the cup, especially if they can progress into the next round. However, I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages in terms of possible disruption to the start of the season. The spl is our no 1 objective and we jeopardise this at our peril.

Guest Chemist

caley83. there are 3 rounds of the intertoto this year. we would enter at the 2nd round and if we win would play Lithuanian, Irish or Danish opposition.

My with is Danish and her fav team is OB Odense, who are the team to represent Denmark so heres hoping. OB are a really good team at the moment and would be a **** of a challenge for us.

kind of Blue. The way to treat these games is to just include them as part of the pre season, to get match fit. I think that the Faroese team will be the only ones in the middle of their season, so the rest should be at the same standard of fitness.

P.S. the winners of the 7 third round ties go straight into the UEFA cup. But i dont know if they win a shield or cup to keep as they did before when it was 3 finals with only 3 teams getting into the Eufa cup proper

I hate to put a damper on things, but I've put money on Hearts to clinch second place and win the cup. This would mean Gretna taking a UEFA Cup spot and the Huns to take the other one. Hibs will be lucky to finish fourth. :evil: