Scottish Cup Final (merged)

ICTPaisley

I am going to make my way to the Scottish Cup final this year to support Ross County. I think they have a brilliant chance against either Utd or Raith and after todays performance they have shown they can win it. For most of the game they weren't even under that much pressure and they had the best of the chances.

How many ICT fans out there will be thinking about going to this Cup Final? As i said in another thread our season will be over by then and most likely we'll all watch it on tv but who wants to go to the game? A wee ICT support at the cup final for County would be good crack, i seriously think we should think about getting a few numbers together for this.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to make my way to the Scottish Cup final this year to support Ross County. I think they have a brilliant chance against either Utd or Raith and after todays performance they have shown they can win it. For most of the game they weren't even under that much pressure and they had the best of the chances.

How many ICT fans out there will be thinking about going to this Cup Final? As i said in another thread our season will be over by then and most likely we'll all watch it on tv but who wants to go to the game? A wee ICT support at the cup final for County would be good crack, i seriously think we should think about getting a few numbers together for this.

How can you go to a game and "support" a team other than your own?

NON ICT for this pish

Nonsense! Its a topic about gathering ICT fans for a cup final day to support our local neighbours who have given us a brilliant season. This is my favourite season in our entire history and Ross County are the reason for this, Having those two derbys so close together with both of us so close to winning the league was amazing. Having both Highland teams challenging for promotion is also quite a feat. I'm not looking for this season to finish and an extra game at the cup final would be brilliant if we could all get together and support the highlands for one last game of the season.

Aye fair play to County :025: :cheer01: :025: A great day for the Highlands

When is the cup final ?

On a day that your team isn't playing, or a competition that your team isn't even in? I think it's quite easy to support a local team even if it is a rival.

We are all football fans after all so why not?

Sorry about the centered posting, my computer won't let me post as normal, I'll sort it soon.

What a great idea, I for one will definetely be going down to watch a Highland team have a great crack for the Scottish Cup. It would be lvoely if most Inverness fans would support Ross County..far too much of an ask.

Lets go for a Double Highland Celebration this year...

How perfect does this sound :

Ross County - Scottish Cup Champhions

Inverness Caledonian Thistle - First Division Champions

I think the technical term is glory hunting, normally only found in supporters who can't face up to negative emotions. Hopefully it does not take too much hold or he'll be supporting Ingurlund in South Africa next.

Well you can get there in a number of different ways. Just the same modes of transport if you were going to support your own team believe it or not. You have a number of options, most popular being Car, Train and Buses. You can get a Car very close to the ground and maybe park in a car-park provided by the ground. Some will get a bus down that will park in said car-park at the stadium or to Buchannon bus station in this case and walk it from there. The majority go for the train though and walk to the ground via a a number of pubs.

I think the technical term is glory hunting, normally only found in supporters who can't face up to negative emotions. Hopefully it does not take too much hold or he'll be supporting Ingurlund in South Africa next.

It's by no means glory hunting, it's supporting your local team; it's supporting the Highalands against the central belt.

I am very proud to be highlander today.

Sorry again for the centered posting.

Deffo Birdy!

I guess you weren't an Inverness Caley or Inverness Thistle fan then eh. Supporting a local team on a great occasion is worth doing, thats what makes us different from teams like the OF.

It's by no means glory hunting, it's supporting your local team; it's supporting the Highalands against the central belt.

Whoohoo let's all jump on the glory hunting band wagon, I really do hang my head in shame at some of the supporters we picked up after the merger. I can just see the Dundee or Dunfermline forums tomorrow being full of "let's go watch our rivals play in the final" get a grip you soft @r$es you're meant to be ICT fans.

I guess you weren't an Inverness Caley or Inverness Thistle fan then eh. Supporting a local team on a great occasion is worth doing, thats what makes us different from teams like the OF.

Correct!!!! I was a Caledonian fan.

Suppose it's got nothing to do with wanting a Highland team to do well? :rolleyes:

Whoohoo let's all jump on the glory hunting band wagon, I really do hang my head in shame at some of the supporters we picked up after the merger. I can just see the Dundee or Dunfermline forums tomorrow being full of "let's go watch our rivals play in the final" get a grip you soft @r$es you're meant to be ICT fans.

I think County and Caley in the highlands after what we've been through have a bit more of a footballing passion than Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith. This has nothing to do with glory hunting, we are ICT fans there nothing to glory hunt about ICT. Why do people think you have to ALWAYS hate your enemys?

Well you can get there in a number of different ways. Just the same modes of transport if you were going to support your own team believe it or not. You have a number of options, most popular being Car, Train and Buses. You can get a Car very close to the ground and maybe park in a car-park provided by the ground. Some will get a bus down that will park in said car-park at the stadium or to Buchannon bus station in this case and walk it from there. The majority go for the train though and walk to the ground via a a number of pubs.

There's no such place as "Buchannon" bus station! If your trying to be a smart ass...try and at least get your facts correct! :rolleyes:

Correct!!!! I was a Caledonian fan.

I'm pretty sure Caley is short for Caledonian. I'm surprised though that after 16 years your mind has narrowed. You decided to support a team you loved even though they were joining together with their local rivals and yet you won't do the same today for a cup final to give support for the highlands.

Rev, you can be amusing. But today I cannot agree with you. It's not about it being Ross County, it's compeltely for the Highlands. I'd want County to get hammered by any other Highland team, but the fact is they're in the final. I'm going to the game, not for County - for the Highlands. Also your comment about the fans picked up after the merger really annoys me, I've only known (like many others) Inverness Caledonian Thistle and (like many others) spend alot of money and give up alot of time to support the club. I make a 200 mile round trip for every single home game, and travel to the odd away game (at a huge cost), which is why your comment rely riles me up.

Suas leis an Gaidhealtachd!

There's no such place as "Buchannon" bus station! If your trying to be a smart ass...try and at least get your facts correct! :rolleyes:

Smee, let's just ban ourselves from this thread and let those "new age" glory hunting fans have their moment of glory, they'd be better off going to "over the bridge" and kissing gypo @r$e though IMHO.

EXACTLY.....well sed Birdy!

:rolleyes::lol::lol: I think you'll find a number of fans pre and post merger are. Your mean to be ICT fans? The guy you quoted clearly is, travels from skye to every home game and goes to a lot of away games he can make from skye. Which isn't easy when you end up in Perth at half 7 in the evening. Whats wrong with wanting a fellow Highland team to get it up the weegie arses who constantly demean Highland teams.

Oh boy I mistakenly typed an o instead of an a. Tryign to be a smart ass? You asked.

Birdog you were saying people that want County to win are supposed to be ICT fans, but the one person who agrees with you here boycotted ICT games when the club needed him the most.

Anyway, County won and I'm happy along with a numkber of others, this was mean to be talking about ICT fans going to the game. I don't really know why it's been hijacked? Can't the haters make a thread of their own to bash County?