Ross County

Kingsmills

Whatever you may think of Ross County and whether you wish them well or not tomorrow surely you agree that for a club based in a town will a population of little more than five thousand to sell close on four times that many tickets is nothing short of phenomenal.

I'm well aware that I don't speak for all, or even the majority of users on this site but good luck to them and the hoards of Highlanders who will be travelling down the A9 to roar on a team who were unable to pay their players even expenses and were on the verge of going out of business barely two decades ago.

Edited by Kingsmills

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. Good luck to them, I'm not really fussed either way, but they've done really well to get to the final. Imagine next season: Ross County v Manchester City, Europa League Final.

On second thoughts... :lol:

Whatever you may think of Ross County and whether you wish them well or not tomorrow surely you agree that for a club based in a town will a population of little more than five thousand to sell close on four times that many tickets is nothing short of phenonomal.

I'm well aware that I don't speak for all, or even the majority of users on this site but good luck to them and the hoards of Highlanders who will be travelling down the A9 to roar on a team who were unable to pay their players even expenses and were on the verge of going out of business barely two decades ago.

What was the Gretna turnout for their cup final and what is the poulation of Gretna?

Some hype in Ross-Shire theses last few days, hope the team dont let the travellers down eh?

Article /interview on Barrowman in today's Courier in which he states he's had lots of messages of support from ICT fans for tomorrow.

Does anyone on here know any of these fans?

:lol:

He must not have grasped the sarcastic undertones of my message.

Whatever you may think of Ross County and whether you wish them well or not tomorrow surely you agree that for a club based in a town will a population of little more than five thousand to sell close on four times that many tickets is nothing short of phenonomal.

I would thoroughly endorse what Kingsmills has just said. Apart from the fascination of following the birth and development of ICT over the years, I have also had the pleasure of reporting on the fairy story which has been Ross County since 1987 when they were ?250K in debt, amateur and working out of a " wooden shed" in Victoria Park, right through to the amazing revelations which we have seen this season.

It's almost exactly 17 years since the SFL decided to create two vacancies and on this occasion at least they did the decent thing and let in the two strongest candidates. What ICT and Ross County have achieved in the intervening years has been absolutely amazing and fully justifies their election back in January 1994.

Tomorrow's Cup Final is the very last act in what has been a phenomenal season for football in the Highlands.

GOOD LUCK COUNTY!!

I hope they get trounced...i really do. I Support ONE team in not just the Highlands, but also Scotland!

And its not amazing reallly, what they have done....considering that....outwith the SPL....Historically, Ross County are in the top 5 spending teams in the SFL, that have invested in their playing staff over the years.

Do ICT have a banner up wishing County good luck, where they normally advertise the next game beside the A9? :lol:

Was watching Sky Sports news and the reporter said he was in Inverness and there was a good luck message to County up from ICT...not sure if I'm liking that!

I think its amazing the support they're getting , something I doubt we could come close to matching .

I reckon if we got to a final...we wouldnt get as much support...as the merged team (ICT) still gets a lot of hostility towards them. The best bit is tho....the next game county play....they will suddenly have lost about 16000 "supporters". Its a day out in civilisation for most of them!

I would thoroughly endorse what Kingsmills has just said. Apart from the fascination of following the birth and development of ICT over the years, I have also had the pleasure of reporting on the fairy story which has been Ross County since 1987 when they were ?250K in debt, amateur and working out of a " wooden shed" in Victoria Park, right through to the amazing revelations which we have seen this season.

It's almost exactly 17 years since the SFL decided to create two vacancies and on this occasion at least they did the decent thing and let in the two strongest candidates. What ICT and Ross County have achieved in the intervening years has been absolutely amazing and fully justifies their election back in January 1994.

Tomorrow's Cup Final is the very last act in what has been a phenomenal season for football in the Highlands.

GOOD LUCK COUNTY!!

Totally agree with both posters. If we are playing Ross County I want to hammer them just like any other team but in this cup final I support thyem all the way. It is what is known as sporting.

Good luck County . I think its amazing the support they're getting , something I doubt we could come close to matching . Yes Joe there's a banner wishing County good luck from ICT , great touch by the club .

Go support them.

the merged team (ICT) still gets a lot of hostility towards them.

Oh dear... this weary old myth surfaces again!! :lol:

Look - before the merger, not enough people in Inverness gave a toss about either Caley or Thistle to create any significant body of dissent in relation to a local population of 60,000. You are talking about (tops) two or three hundred people who didn't like something that happened almost 20 years ago - and most of them have either left Inverness, are dead, or have joined the fold.

Do ICT have a banner up wishing County good luck, where they normally advertise the next game beside the A9? :lol:

I got quite a shock when I saw that this morning. I actually went back for a second look (and a photo!).

Of course, from our club's point of view it was the appropriate sporting gesture.

the merged team (ICT) still gets a lot of hostility towards them.

Oh dear... this weary old myth surfaces again!! :lol:

I personally know plenty people who chose to move on and support Ross County after the merger than went on to support ICT. I was walking into Victoria Park at the last C*unty v ICT game....and bumped into a dozen or so EX Caley fans, with county scarfes, and that was just going along behind main stand!

Also...my facebook is littered with similar minded Inverness folk. So Charles...you call it a myth...I know its a fact!

I hope they get hammered tomorrow. Nothing more would please me more to see them get embarrased with millions of people watching.

We must be the only club to wish our greatest rivals good luck. Everybody else (quite rightly) would be hoping that they crash and burn

Edited by jaggie1994