Real Madrid 7 Eintracht Frankfurt 3 18.5.60.

This is possibly one for Pimple, Canuck and one or two others who would be owners of bus passes if they were still here, but does anybody remember the European Cup Final of 1960 at Hampden which ended with the above scoreline?

I'm just a bit too young to remember the game itself but have a clear recollection later in the 60s of the edited highlights on these clicky-clicky-clicky celluloid film projectors being very popular at the likes of BB Christmas Parties after you had completely pigged yourselves on Skinners' sausage rolls, Morrisons' buns or Andersons' cakes.

I was only reminded of the anniversary by stuff I've seen in the media over the last 24 hours but it was a famous game when Ferenc Puskas scored four for Real.

I wonder how much money Puskas, the best player in the world, was on in these days?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I've got 10 mins highlights taped off the telly - the BBC used to do 100 great sporting moments about ten to seven on a Monday night if I remember. I have a mate who was there though, but he's 72.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 10 mins highlights taped off the telly - the BBC used to do 100 great sporting moments about ten to seven on a Monday night if I remember. I have a mate who was there though, but he's 72.

Aye, I did'nt believe Naelifts at first..................then he tried to sell me his match ticket stub :)