FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kenny Cameron

Alex MacLeod

His background is in Civil Engineering, was with Tullochs for a good few years before moving to RoK when the whole merger/acquisition thing took place a few years back....these days he works as a Louis Walsh lookalike!!!

Was delighted when it was announced that he had rejoined the Board and am delighted to see he's now been given a more day to day role.

Will he been responsible for the things that Mike Smith previously did?

Sounds like that is very much the type of position ... or at least co-ordinating those activities amongst the other staff.

As anyone can see if they look back on posts where I have commented on Kenny, I am firmly in the "supporter" camp when it comes to him and his role at ICT.

In my opinion, Kenny is one of the good guys and a perfect choice to deal with his peers at boardroom, staff and fan levels and to cut through as much of the BS, mistrust and other negative factors that have surrounded ICT for a few years now. He isnt afraid to listen to ideas that are not his own, he isnt afraid to at least try and address issues, and he isnt afraid to give a response even if one of the aforementioned peer groups might not like it. With TB in charge of the football team and Kenny in charge of the backroom team, I feel very positive about the coming season.

Will he been responsible for the things that Mike Smith previously did?

Sounds like that is very much the type of position ... or at least co-ordinating those activities amongst the other staff.

As anyone can see if they look back on posts where I have commented on Kenny, I am firmly in the "supporter" camp when it comes to him and his role at ICT.

In my opinion, Kenny is one of the good guys and a perfect choice to deal with his peers at boardroom, staff and fan levels and to cut through as much of the BS, mistrust and other negative factors that have surrounded ICT for a few years now. He isnt afraid to listen to ideas that are not his own, he isnt afraid to at least try and address issues, and he isnt afraid to give a response even if one of the aforementioned peer groups might not like it. With TB in charge of the football team and Kenny in charge of the backroom team, I feel very positive about the coming season.

I agree. Couldn't think of anyone better. First and foremost, Kenny is a fan without any airs or graces.

I am just a fan without any hair. :lol:

Forgive me if my post seems a bit negative....but, given his background....sounds like he could be yet another puppet for Sutherland to pull the strings of?

Kenny is nobody's "puppet", I can assure you of that.

Smee--do not confuse puppetry with "getting alongetry" or co-operatingetry".

Believe it or not, getting along with people in a job is a great gift and talent not to be underestimated when promotion time approaches.

All I personally know about this gentleman is that I was introduced to him once outside at the stadium and he was very affable and had a ready smile. :lol:

Forgive me if my post seems a bit negative....but, given his background....sounds like he could be yet another puppet for Sutherland to pull the strings of?

Two opposing viewpoints, but having known Kenny personally for a few years, I would have to say Don is correct as opposed to SMEE.

As far as I am concerned, from the first time I ever met Kenny, a spade was always a spade and BS was something he never liked. Ken T is also correct - no airs and graces (and no hair for him) but the ability to converse at both boardroom level and 'normal punter' level without being arrogant or condescending. We have been asking for a few seasons now for a positive move that will bring the fans and the board closer together ... THIS IS IT, or at least the person who can achieve it.

I have to agree with those who say that Kenny is a fine choice for the job. He can certainly work at both levels effectively (in the boardroom and with the fans). The real challenge for Kenny, though, is this.

This forum has been filled over the years with countless threads about off the pitch failings and inefficiencies at ICT. Many times these complaints have been justified. Kenny will have to make the club operate better and he will probably have to do it with less staff than when we were in the SPL before.

People often say how much better County operate off the pitch than we do. When people stop saying that you will know that Kenny has succeeded.

I don't know the guy, but I do know that he listens to whats been said. I made a comment on here a few weeks back and he, and others, acted on it. It was only a "small" thing, but it shows he is listening, and when possible will act. I have to say, good luck to him.

I don't know the guy, but I do know that he listens to whats been said. I made a comment on here a few weeks back and he, and others, acted on it. It was only a "small" thing, but it shows he is listening, and when possible will act. I have to say, good luck to him.

And he did buy you a drink in the caley club too, so all round good guy!

Yes, but where does he stand on the pies issue?

I seem to recall Kenny's main claim to fame from his previous time on the board was that he introduced our previous caterers from Keith (after sampling one of their pies in Applecross of all places??).

Edited by Tree

Two opposing viewpoints, but having known Kenny personally for a few years, I would have to say Don is correct as opposed to SMEE.

My post wasnt a statement....it was a question....hence why it was punctuated with a question mark. I was exploring the possibility that he could be just another of sutherlands puppets, given his previous employment history!

That was only because I was with important people like yerself and Old Caley Girl :P

My post wasnt a statement....it was a question....hence why it was punctuated with a question mark. I was exploring the possibility that he could be just another of sutherlands puppets, given his previous employment history!

Agree with you SMEE. Knew him from another life so let's just give him a chance and wait and see before we build him up to be something he may not be.

That was only because I was with important people like yerself and Old Caley Girl :D

Gosh thank you. Never been called important before!lol