• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Germany looking very good so far.

or Aussies look very bad

that Ozil looks like a player though

He does indeed. Lahm has some engine on him as well. Not helping the Aussies cause that cahill was sent off. Very harsh decision IMO

Not helping the Aussies cause that Cahill was sent off. Very harsh decision IMO

Thought the decision was a disgrace but that's football. Germany looked the part but it was a poor Aussie side.

Been interesting so far. France are 25/1 at the moment to win and are still worth a shot, although they drew 0-0 they have a pretty solid team. I would say they are only lacking upfront with Anelka. Argentina also looked good against Nigeria and if it wasn't for their keeper it could have been 4 or 5. Germany have done the best so far though, and at 14/1 before the match well worth a bet. They have some attack force but we will have to wait and see how they get on against Ghana or Serbia who may be a bit more testing that the Aussies.

Looking forward to seeing Italy play tonight, they are 18/1 and with Buffon in goals i still think they'll be there near the end.

Who's everyone's least favourite pundit?

I cannot stand David Pleat and have to switch the tv/radio off if he is on!

So far the only people from both the BBC / ITV lot who I haven't wanted to punch are Adebayor, Desailly and Seedorf. The others I have seen / heard have either spouted complete rubbish or have been arrogant and condescending towards other participants in the WC.

So far the only people from both the BBC / ITV lot who I haven't wanted to punch are Adebayor, Desailly and Seedorf. The others I have seen / heard have either spouted complete rubbish or have been arrogant and condescending towards other participants in the WC.

Craig Burley for me. He comes across as an arrogant so and so. Yes, Ok He played in the world cup for Scotland the last time we played in it but most of his comments are just plain stupid or state the flaming Obvious

I read that article earlier. Very good.

Shearer is as dull as dishwater and contributes nothing but cliches. The article makes a good point that it wasn't so long ago that the pundits were Martin O'Neill and Gordon Strachan. Mind you, it forgets that Ian Wright was also there (who, when asked about IIRC how Romania would do in a match not involving England, he said "I don't care about Romania, I care about England!" - well, don't accept a salary if you're not going to be a pundit on the match).

Really you want some fire. I like Keegan. He's biased and enthusiastic. If there was someone like Fergie or Souness to challenge him, that would be something. As it is, Keegan just sounds mad instead of passionate.

Most of the commentary I get is in Arabic (except for some games that I have to get elsewhere when Nile Sport doesn't show it), so I only get the odd word here and there - no bad thing! Al Jazeera Sport has Lineker, Souness and Trevor Francis normally (Craig Brown too - he's a bit too easy-going but gives good insight into being an international manager). That's pretty good as there's some real analysis there.

With all the teams now having played, this World Cup is shaping up to memorable only for the vuvuzelas. Matches seem to be lacking in entertainment, and most of the fancied teams are looking quite average.

The only plus side of the mediocrity is that the outcomes of games and of the tournament as a whole are very unpredictable. It's also fair to say that England will never get a better chance to end the decades of spectacular underachievement, with an easy group (even if they make a bit of a meal of it) and as straightforward a route to the semi finals as a team could realistically hope for.

With all the teams now having played, this World Cup is shaping up to memorable only for the vuvuzelas. Matches seem to be lacking in entertainment, and most of the fancied teams are looking quite average.

The only plus side of the mediocrity is that the outcomes of games and of the tournament as a whole are very unpredictable. It's also fair to say that England will never get a better chance to end the decades of spectacular underachievement, with an easy group (even if they make a bit of a meal of it) and as straightforward a route to the semi finals as a team could realistically hope for.

I don't really know if you could call it spectacular underachievement. They've never really had a team capable of winning it, with the exception of Italia '90. The Dutch and Spanish have much more to answer for.

hold up it's only the first round of games, still plenty of time to go yet

Couldn't agree more.

I hate david pleat, i just says the most obvious things like " well their going to lose this game unless they score" no s***!

Mick McCarthy is pretty bad aswell