Well Done - New websites...

Guest Sam

I apologise if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I have been away at the weekend and have tried to gloss through the 1000 odd posts that have been made in the last three days!

Personally, I would like to say a huge well done and thank you to Scotty and CaleyD for spending MONTHS (day and night) working on this site from its very beginnings. It is not a "shell" like SN where a standard template could be followed... this has been started from scratch, and has gone through hours and hours of creation, testing, breaking, fixing, and finishing!

Not only that, but in the process of making this site, they have also created the new Official Site for the club, whilst still maintaining and updating the Sport Network site.

Take a look at other "unofficial" sites and you will struggle to find one which has as many features, and is so pleasing on the eye.

Within three days, the site already has over 300 registered users. Not bad going.

Yes, there may well be teething problems for some, and features that some dislike, but the time and effort which they have put into this cannot be disputed and they deserve a huge amount of credit for doing this at their own personal expense, financially and in time.

Well Done!!

:oops: - Thanks Sam

and when Sam talks of breaking things - he was one of the testers and managed to do most of the breaking himself :D :D - CaleyD did lead the line in site-wide crashes though beating me 6-2 during testing phase

Guest stigofthedump

Just realised there are no adverts or pop-ups. How is the site being paid for? Are we going to have subbies? :shock:

Just realised there are no adverts or pop-ups. How is the site being paid for? Are we going to have subbies? :shock:

There are 2 small ad spaces at the top of each of the side columns and the google ads at the bottom which we hope will pay for the site. We have other ideas also but nothing intrusive.

At no time will we be introducing pop up adverts or any of the other kind of adverts that you see springing up on other sites.. They annoy us as much as the users and as users ourselves we refuse to go there.

The site will also never be a paid subscription site - Everything you see here will remain free to registered users. The only exception to this would be if we introduced any other kind of external "pay to use" facilities - text alerts, mobile downloads etc - however, if this is something users want we will do our best to source a service for free - find a sponsor/advertiser to make it free for users - keep the cost to site users to an absolute minimum.

If you know anyone who has a genuine interest in advertising on the site, please feel free to put them in touch.

Guest jamesie snr

Just want to say Well domne guys the other site i hardly went to i only stumbled on it again tonite while i was bored out of my head and thanks to you guys iv caught up with an old friend from my days at the park before i left for new zeaand so once again well done and keep up the good work

Take a look at other "unofficial" sites and you will struggle to find one which has as many features, and is so pleasing on the eye.

Yep, a good effort. I know the software pretty well, we implemented it a year ago for www.thejailender.com and it can take some getting used to!

We had to play about with the layout of our site quite a bit actually until we got everything sorted and maybe there is still a little bit of work to do here but the software is very flexible on that front.

If Scotty or CaleyD would like any help or info using Joomla then you can contact me at feyenoord@overthebridge.info and i'd be happy to help.

I also found that the forums at mamboserver.com very helpfull.