raol moat police cant find him

Feb82000

Sounds like he might have shot himself.

Edit - Though he isn't dead by the sound of things. Interesting to hear the Policeman say in the press conference "he'd been shot" at one point and not "he'd suffered a gun shot wound". A slip of the tongue perhaps...?

Edited by Renegade

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a report on Sky News late last night that Paul Gascoigne was helping the police in persuading Moat to give himself up peacefully.

Maybe that's what tipped him over the edge...

It would me laugh1.gif

No sure, but i suspect he may have had a beer when he phoned the radio to "help"

Gazza on phone in

That's priceless!

He just wanted to take him a fishing rod and a can of lager, like... oh, and a jacket, and a dressing gown an a' bit o' chicken, and some bread like... do a bit of fishing with him, like, and maybe talk the whole thing over, like...

Moaty's a good lad really, like... sound as a bell like.... Ok... he might have shot a couple of people but he's still a good lad like...He's maybe worried that the police are gonna shoot him, like...

If ah could just do a spot o' fishin' with him, like.... Ah could explain to him, like... he'll probably get 12 years for this, but if he behaves himself, like.... he could be out in 6 years.

Ok.... so he shot his girlfriend and a policeman, and killed someone, but he's a sound bloke, like.... He was probably on drugs when he did that, like... but they'll have worn off now... he's a good guy... a sound bloke like...

He could be out and about in 6 years like.... a sound bloke... Ah just wish the police would let me talk to him, like....

Well they have him surrounded.

BBC are reporting that it is "a man resembling Moat" who currently has about 100 guns trained on him.

When the forthcoming public spending cuts take effect, the next time there is a simlar incident they may only be able to afford 75 trained marksmen surrounding the guy. I really don't know how I am going to sleep at night with the worry of it.

Ah well.....i went to bed fully expecting this outcome...cant say Im saddened at all....one less tatw in the world today. gotta be a good thing!

3 kids have lost their father , how can that be a good thing ?

Well he obviously wasn't thinking about his kids when he was shooting people was he? Or when he was jailed for assaulting a child? It makes me sick that people are joining a FB site in his honour calling him a legend and a hero. The other bit of news today is another soldier being buried. He's the real hero. While I think it is sad a man has to lose his life like this, I can't help thinking he deserved it by killing or injuring 3 people.

I'm just worried now that the next phase in this saga, will probably be a long drawn out and very costly inquiry into how the police handled this matter. Will there be any point in that?

After what the guy had done, and what he was threatening to do, there was only ever going to be one outcome. I was surprised that the police, after they found Moat, let the matter drag on for as long they did.

If this had happened in the US would their police have mucked around with taser guns?

Just had a read at some of the comments on the NOTW website. Some of them just beggars belief. Unsurprisingly, most were in text speak and had some utterly laughable spelling mistakes. Says it all about the intelligence of some of these lunatics.

And on another point, did the police consider shooting the gun out of Moat's hand? It is possible as this video shows -

Ah well.....i went to bed fully expecting this outcome...cant say Im saddened at all....one less tatw in the world today. gotta be a good thing!

3 kids have lost their father , how can that be a good thing ?

A guy that abused kids is no longer with us.

A guy that practised Domestic Viloence is no longer with us.

A guy that shot and Killed an innocent man is no longer with us.

A guy that shot his Ex Girlfreind is no longer with us.

A guy that tried to Kill at least one policeman, is no longer with us.

Have to say DC...i know you enjoy being controversial at times for the hell of it...but try and engage your brain once in a while!

young people must seem to think hes a kind of martyr against the police. Only thing i can think of why people would call him a legend

Edited by dan_ict

young people must seem to think hes a kind of martyr against the police. Only thing i can think of why peaople would call him a ledgend

Ad call him a BellEnd, not a Legend!

The poor guy was obviously at the end of his tether after all he'd been through . In no way am I condoning his actions but if the copper he shot in the face can forgive him then why cant others ?

No winners in this one only losers .

Yeah.... He was trying to kill that copper, and was hell bent on killing a few more, but heyho... Gazza said he was a good bloke - and real sound guy.

You just can't argue with that.