A9

Naelifts

Never mind car parks and stadium bars.......................could someone sort the A9 please. It is tortuous. If, God forbid, summer football ever gets the nod then a journey north will be a no-no.

Thank you

Near future upgrades include the completion of the overtaking lane at Moy,the extension of the dual carriageway near Dalwhinnie by 1 km, and a 1 km extension e/w north of Kingussie 2 year time scale

Never mind car parks and stadium bars.......................could someone sort the A9 please. It is tortuous. If, God forbid, summer football ever gets the nod then a journey north will be a no-no.

Thank you

Near future upgrades include the completion of the overtaking lane at Moy,the extension of the dual carriageway near Dalwhinnie by 1 km, and a 1 km extension e/w north of Kingussie 2 year time scale

About feckin time, signs at the moment say the overtaking lane will be opened by August 10th... feck knows what year though.

One more comment before Scotty declares this a Road Safety thread. Any amount of tinkering will make no difference. The road cannot take the volume and nature of traffic it is forced to carry. It would be rail every time for me if I was anywhere near a bl**dy railway station! Took the train from Aviemore yesterday ( long story why I was there). It was such a pleasure and so stress free despite the carraiges having a distinct green and white hue, a definite smell of alcohol and three grown men at a time visiting the toilet.

With public purse pressures upon us a lot of (so-called) unessential work will be put on the back burner. I fear for some of the programmes listed above. In any case................they are only sticking plasters

As an aside, I read a few months ago that the A9's Radio Scotland blackspots were being resolved this summer, so we'll at least be able to listen to the pre and post match guff whilst dawdling along in a convoy behind the caravans.

About feckin time, signs at the moment say the overtaking lane will be opened by August 10th... feck knows what year though.

August 10 means August 2010 not August 10th!

Why are 3 of the 4 overtaking lanes for Northbound traffic anyway? And they're far too short. More likely to cause an accident than prevent one.

I am quite shure that the A9 does actually have an effect, albeit minimal, on the attendances at TCS. It certaily puts me off as it usually only takes me 3.5 to 4 hours to scoot up from Chorley to Perth - practically on automatic pilot but I sigh as I pull off the short dual carriageway just after Perf. I am sure that it must put off quite a few of the Central belters and the numbers of fans that we have in Northern Englandshire.

Am sorry...i dont agree...i dont think the a9 is THAT bad a road and i have driven it many times, at all points of the day in all seasons. The A96 on the other hand......................

Edited by SMEE

Thank you

Posting in the heat of the moment methinks- better to sit doon, chill oot and hae a dram. Oh- you're at work, sorry :rotflmao:

The A9 was full o tims yesterday (check out every layby with minibuses of unwashed pishing in it) and it's the middle o the inglish holidays. Give it a few weeks. I'd rather do the A9 every week than the run to Hull I did recently, which is about the same length.

Am sorry...i dont agree...i dont think the a9 is THAT bad a road and i have driven it many times, at all points of the day in all seasons. TheA96 on the other hand......................

I agree with SMEE, try driving the A96 everytime a home game is on!! At least the A9 has decent straights and is wider etc

I've just pulled a caravan along the A9 today from Inverness to Perth and beyond - I don't know where it finishes. I'm one of those who gives the road a bad name! On a dry bright Sunday morning, there was little traffic and nobody held me up and I didn't hold anybody else up. I once drove from Inverness to Perth (without caravan!) and only 2 cars overtook me, a speeding racer and a police jag chasing it!