The Better Result?

RiG

What has been the best result of the last week?  

112 members have voted

1. 1.

• Scotland 1 - 0 France
    • Rangers 0 - 1 ICT

Okay so in the last week we have had to pretty amazing results with both Scotland and ICT defying the odds to beat their opponents into submission. Now I personally, while happy enough, wasn't dancing all ove the place in delight like others were. I like Scotland but I have to be honest, I am not overly bothered if they win or lose.

But with ICTs result on Saturday I was buzzing. When the goal went in I leapt out of my seat and buzzed round the flat much to the amusment of my pals who were there. I was shouting out the window at random passers by in the Matalan car park - it meant so much more than Scotlands goal.

Basically, the ICT result made me a lot happier than the Scotland one and reaffirmed I am more of a club supporter than an international one.

What about yourselves?

A great Scotland result just lifts the whole country, there's nothing like it. I love the buzz of anticipation when we are qualifying for a tournament, something to look forward to long in advance. The trouble is, you and many others are too young to know what it's like!

A great ICT result is tremendous, but the feeling dies down in a few days and then it's back to the routine league business like struggling against Falkirk.

So it's Scotland for me. The only exception to this is Feb 8th 2000, which was better than anything.

I'm the complete other way around.

I feel that the Scotland result is far bigger and better because of the caliber of the France.  We are talking about the best team in the world, with some of the greatest players in the world, and Scotland humbled them.  It wasn't as if we were lucky to hang on, France didn't have that many shots at goal.

I was at the Scotland match and when that goal went in the place just went absolutly nuts, and I have never felt anything like it.  Probably because the Scotland result came first, and the atmosphere was so much better.

Not taking anything away from the win on Saturday, it just didn't feel nearly as momentous.

Oh what a shock! People don't agree with me!  :006:  :015:  :004:

I see what you mean but I died down a couple of hours after the Scotland game but I am still buzzing now and about to head down to get a hold of the P & J now to read about it all again  :001:

Club for me everytime(though being Welsh I don't get much to cheer watching them :007:)

I just can't get worked up about internationals in the same way I can with ICT.

I'm with you RIG, I went absolutely mental at home  when Bayne scored Saturday, and again at the final whistle.

I chose the Scotland game not because I'm particularly country over club but as has been said already, it was more of an achievement for Scotland to beat France.  ICT have shown we are capable of beating any team in the SPL while France are made up of true world class players

I'm with rigster on this one, ICT result means much more to me than Scotland winning, pleasing as it was to beat the French, but we have had an Intenational team for years, ICT are new and are starting to show the 'big boys' how it should be done, greatasticulous achievement.

Having been at both games I have to say the Scotland result was the better one. It was tenser, the atmosphere better and just bigger on every scale.

That takes nothing away from saturday, but we play Rangers 3/4 times a season, Scotland don't play the big teams all that often, and they don't come much bigger than France.

The Scotland result felt similar to the february eigth 2000, absolutely unexpected and fantastic. I'm loving being in Weegieville and winding up the huns though!

Rig, this is an interesting thread.  Two years ago, as a result of bungling Bertie, I would have had no hesitation in saying the ICT result would give bigger satisfaction.  But Walter Smith has given back my enthusiasm for supporting Scotland and I was delighted with the French result.  However, on balance I still have a greater support for ICT than I do for Scotland.