Gordon Munro

DJS

Have now heard from a couple of sources about the death of Gordon Munro. He would be better known to many of you as Gordy Bus and was a very keen Caley and Caley Thistle fan who worked on the turnstiles for both clubs. Even if you didn't know him you probably handed him some money or your season ticket at some point.

I believe his funeral is at Dalneigh Church on Friday.

I am friends with his sons and was going to put a wee bit on this site about it...but wasnt sure if it was my place to. But glad to see a wee thread about him pop up.

Gordie was a keen supporter of football in Inverness. Had manned the gates at ICT since day 1 and god knows how many years he did it for Caley in the Highland league before that. I think it would be nice if ICT acknowleged him in some way, for his services to the club for 16 yrs

RIP

Very sad news indeed. A man who put plenty of work into the club, and for its fans, as a volunteer. He will be sadly missed but fondly remembered.

My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

Very sorry to hear this news.Now living in Broughty Ferry, but I remember Gordy from our young days in Inverness. Always looked forward to meeting up with him at away games in this area. Condolences to his family.

Edited by finmack

RIP Gordy

Met the man quite a few times and while i did not know him very well he always came across a true gent and a staunch follower of ICT. Everyone who ive heard mention Gordy spoke of him in very high regards.

Thoughts and condolences to his family

It was a really good turn out at the funeral, which was nice to see. Near a full house! I Know his family were pleased to see so many faces there to pay respect to their to Gordy. Quite a few ICT colours in there too. :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

Tragic news indeed, a true gent, thoughts with his family. Always had a bit of banter with Gordy when up for home games and regularly spotted at away venues.

I can remember him keeping us "youngsters" in check on the Caley buses way back in the late sixties and will never forget that permenant grin on on his face.

Like Donview I remember Gordie well throughout many years. Caley through and through. I don't think I ever actually talked to him or been in his direct company but everyone knew Gordie Bus and his love for North/Inverness football. Very sad indeed.

R.I.P.

Bit of a shock. Was he ill? Nice guy was Gordy.

No Mantis, he had not been ill, and had spent a normal day a week last Friday, before suffering a sudden and sadly fatal heart attack at home on Friday evening. No suffering, but a terrible shock for the family. Thoughts and sincere condolences to them - hard to believe after all these years that we will never see Gordy at the football again. Another link to the past broken.

It was so strange yesterday, on the Supporters bus, and at the game, without Gordy. We missed him so much. Our sincerest sympathies are with his family - he spoke of his grandchildren especially and they are in our thoughts.

• Agree 1

Just back from hols so first chance to post. highlandexile texted me to tell me about Gordon. What a terrible shock. Have known Gordon since I was a young girl going to Telford St Park. True gent will be sadly missed. condolences to his family am sorry I missed his funeral service but glad to hear there was a good turnout