Reputation Voting

Scotty

Guest Mahonio

I know for a fact that i am being targetted and it is ******* annoying!!! I DO take my reputation votes seriously by the way.

Here is a few examples of me being targetted:

1) I got 2 red dots for a simple question- ******* crazy!

2) I got a red dot for stating a fact to Charles re. Caithness Glass Factory- again, ******* crazy!

3) I got 2 red dots for agreeing with Scotty (see post 2 on this thread).

4) I got over 30 red dots for my mad thread regarding Butcher after League Cup tie which was understandable because it was crazy to start that thread.

5) I got 2 red dots for asking about programmes for McBains testimonial- ******* crazy!

If it doesn't stop then i am going to consider not using this forum which is unfair on me!!!!!!!!!!!! but it is getting to the stage where i am getting REALLY pissed off with my repputation.

How old are you btw?? I don't think anyone takes them seriously. If you get this wound up over a virtual red dot on an internet site then people are going to just keep giving you more!

And don't start crying about not using the board again, that is really pathetic. If you don't want to use it again then don't if you do then do.

None of your business!

What is your problem with me taking my Reputation seriously, I HAVE A RIGHT TO don't i? I am on -51 just now and most of the Red dots given to me are for ******* stupid reasons as i state, i mean, how the hell is a simple question worthy of a red dot, anyone who can answer me that deserves at least 2 green dots? As someone has said already on this thread, I am taking a lot of **** just because of a crazy thread i started, WHICH I APOLOGISED FOR. As i said many times before, i feel i am HATED on here :cry::cry:.

Edited by Mahonio

I know for a fact that i am being targetted and it is ******* annoying!!! I DO take my reputation votes seriously by the way.

2) I got a red dot for stating a fact to Charles re. Caithness Glass Factory- again, ******* crazy!

4) I got over 30 red dots for my mad thread regarding Butcher after League Cup tie which was understandable because it was crazy to start that thread.

5) I got 2 red dots for asking about programmes for McBains testimonial- ******* crazy!

If it doesn't stop then i am going to consider not using this forum which is unfair on me!!!!!!!!!!!! but it is getting to the stage where i am getting REALLY pissed off with my repputation.

1) Agree that this is ludicrous, thats one of the reasons I started this thread ...

2) same

3) If I could give you 10 green ones for agreeing with me I would :wink:

4) These were deserved - I gave you a red one for that myself !

5) Again, I dont think 'questions' should be red dotted unless they are stupid ones and none of the ones you asked would be stupid in my opinion.

Bottom line - I think you, in particular, along with a few others are paying far too much attention to red dots and that is why certain users are targetting you. If you stop reacting then they will get less pleasure from it and may do it less .... personally, I couldnt give a flying one whether my posts are marked up or down .....

Like I said, we have a fair idea of who is abusing the system from a brief glance at the Db, but when I get time I will look at the database a little more closely and see exactly who is voting for who and what posts they are voting for ... If we see the pattern continue, then those who are abusing it will lose the right to vote.

Guest Mahonio

1) Agree that this is ludicrous, thats one of the reasons I started this thread ...

2) same

3) If I could give you 10 green ones for agreeing with me I would :wink:

4) These were deserved - I gave you a red one for that myself !

5) Again, I dont think 'questions' should be red dotted unless they are stupid ones and none of the ones you asked would be stupid in my opinion.

Bottom line - I think you, in particular, along with a few others are paying far too much attention to red dots and that is why certain users are targetting you. If you stop reacting then they will get less pleasure from it and may do it less .... personally, I couldnt give a flying one whether my posts are marked up or down .....

Like I said, we have a fair idea of who is abusing the system from a brief glance at the Db, but when I get time I will look at the database a little more closely and see exactly who is voting for who and what posts they are voting for ... If we see the pattern continue, then those who are abusing it will lose the right to vote.

I doubt it very much regarding bold bit :cry::cry::cry:.

For some, its a little like cyber-bullying ..... they get to push your (red) buttons and wait for the reaction .... if you react, they win, if you dont, they get bored or frustrated and move on. Doesnt work on everyone, but does work on some.

Guest Mahonio

For some, its a little like cyber-bullying ..... they get to push your (red) buttons and wait for the reaction .... if you react, they win, if you dont, they get bored or frustrated and move on. Doesnt work on everyone, but does work on some.

I would say they may have won because i am really close to leaving the Forum which is unfair on me, however, i would reverse the decision to contemplate leaving if SOMEONE could persuade me otherwise, again, very unlikely :sad::sad::sad:

Edited by Mahonio

Oh dear, some folk never learn.

Remember guys, and girls, if you want to keep using, stop abusing the system.

Mahonio, take a break and come back when the bad boys go and find someone else to annoy.

How old are you btw?? I don't think anyone takes them seriously. If you get this wound up over a virtual red dot on an internet site then people are going to just keep giving you more!

And don't start crying about not using the board again, that is really pathetic. If you don't want to use it again then don't if you do then do.

25 going by his profile. Which makes this even more cringey.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Calm down Mahonio, taking life a wee bit seriously eh?

Enjoy the forum for what it is and leave if you don't like it. I for one will miss you as I will have nowhere to put my red dots :slapme:!

I wouldn't shed any tears if reputation voting was scrapped. What on earth is wrong with responding with a typed message to any post you strongly agree or disagree with?

Thinking about what you want to say, and how you are going to say it can be a very worthwhile exercise, and very beneficial to one's education.

I've noticed over the years just how much certain posters have actually improved their writing, spelling, punctuation, grammar, vocabulary, etc, just by submitting regular contributions to this forum.

Posters like Miss ICT, Georgeious, Kingsmills, The Immortal Howden Ender and several others have actually managed to dramatically improve their communicative skills, by succeeding in an environment where our state education system clearly let them down badly. These posters owe CTO a huge debt of gratitude.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

fanks 4 noteseen :~) its not down however to the site in total, more down to my roll in life as a Report Writer for the Jnr Ranks and my Learning Centre at Lossiemouth having all the Dyslexic help and spelling for dummy?s programs.

I still sometimes slip in to my old ways but as you said, I no longer give a funk about the digs I did get on here, hey ho, you live and learn.. :o)

He'd hate P&B.

fanks 4 noteseen :~) its not down however to the site in total, more down to my roll in life as a Report Writer for the Jnr Ranks and my Learning Centre at Lossiemouth having all the Dyslexic help and spelling for dummy?s programs.

I still sometimes slip in to my old ways but as you said, I no longer give a funk about the digs I did get on here, hey ho, you live and learn.. :o)

He'd hate P&B.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank God someone's got a sense of humour!

• Disagree 1

Mahonio, calm down. A wee dot doesn't really matter, on this forum sometimes you learn just to ignore certain posters. I was tempted to red dot your post at the top of this page due to your response to the question asked but maybe I'd be seen as bullying you.

Either way a red or green dot concerning a post you've made is no big deal, life's too short young man. If it'll help you feel better then you can red dot every single post I make on the site, it doesn't really matter. :biggrin:

Have a green dot Joe , good post .

Guest Mahonio

Oh dear, some folk never learn.

Remember guys, and girls, if you want to keep using, stop abusing the system.

Mahonio, take a break and come back when the bad boys go and find someone else to annoy.

Na, Mannie, i ain't going to let the ******** win :wink:.

I don't see why i should consider leaving the forum just because of them.

Guest Mahonio

You got it ICTPAISLEY :wink:.

Everyone says i need to play aggressive to win a Grand Slam so this is a start :lol::lol::lol:. Now watch me play really aggressive in London soon and it will be all because of posters on here :lol:.

Edited by Mahonio

I told myself not to get involved in this but it has got that rediculous that I just had to. This system, used properly should be a fair and simple way of showing your opinion on a post. Unfortunately there will always be those that will use it to their advantage to covertly bully some of the more "gentle" souls amongst us. These people can only get away with bullying if you let them. Stand up to them and they lose interest. Give in to them by crying and they have won and will keep on bullying you. Unfortunately there are a few on here that like the anonymity that a forum allows and take advantage of it. These people are not worth worrying about. Would they be as mouthy if they were face to face? I some how doubt it.

On the flipside, Mahonio, you need to grow up and get a back bone. There are guys and girls being blown to bits in Afghanistan and you're worried because someone gave you some red dots on an internet forum. See it for what it is, in the great scheme of things it will not effect you in any way.

Anyway, rant over, cue the red dots.

• Agree 3

Guest Mahonio

Ok, a quick joke regarding Andy Murray even gets me red dots, I JUST GIVE UP!!

To all moaning at me about reputation, why can't i worry about my reputation, it bugs me that i am on a negative just because of a CRAZY thread started IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT (no excuse)that i am taking A LOT of flak from.

Mahonio - You need to get over this now - The more you harp on about it, the worse it will get.

Reputation voting is a system aimed at inarticulate yobs, who, unlike you, are so sadly lacking, they don't even possess the ability to string a couple of sentences together.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Guest Mahonio

Mahonio - You need to get over this now - The more you harp on about it, the worse it will get.

Reputation voting is a system aimed at inarticulate yobs, who, unlike you, are so sadly lacking, they don't even possess the ability to string a couple of sentences together.

I will but i will just say this which may i add isn't a rant. I only started taking my reputation seriously after i got a PM from someone on here (no names) saying that i had a worse reputation level than a banned person so that got me slightly worried that i could get banned. However, when i get red dots for asking questions then of course i am going to question why i got them, it is absolutly ridiculous to red dot a question!!

Now Johnboy, i will heed your advice :wink: :wink:.

Mahonio, just to put your mind at rest, you dont get banned for receiving red dots !!! you get banned for breaking the site rules and you have not done that ...

I am going to close this thread now as I think it has (unfortunately) answered all the questions or doubts I may have had about the reputation system.