Matchday Thread: Kilmarnock -V- ICT

Scotty

Damn...with Jambos scoring late, we now down to 5th place on goal difference

Same GD, we're fifth in alphabetical order

Is it not on goals scored? Hearts have put in one more than us. Anyway, getting as many points as possible between us and 12th place will do fine for me :smile:

• Agree 1

I was in the middle of nowhere on my bike listening to the radio and with three mins to go radio conked out!

Whew!

Well done all the boys today, exceptional performance.

These electric bikes no have a power connection to charge up the radio Ron?

Anyway... great result, we are now starting to get a bit of distance between us and the bottom, with midden getting humped its all the better!

If you'd offered me the option of being 9 points clear of relegation after the first round of games (assuming that we don't beat Rangers and Midden lode again) I would have bitten your hand off.

Sounds like we rode our luck a little, but we took our chances while Killie missed theirs. This league is too easy.

had a look a pie and bovril thread . had to laugh at the 1 ot 2 kilie fans on it. haha. they humped us but lost yeah right. that'd would be why sky and bbc sites have us as deserved winners. Typical central belt cry babies when they get humped off the park! haha europa league here we come!

bouncyblue.gif

ictscarf.gif

had a look a pie and bovril thread . had to laugh at the 1 ot 2 kilie fans on it. haha. they humped us but lost yeah right. that'd would be why sky and bbc sites have us as deserved winners. Typical central belt cry babies when they get humped off the park! haha europa league here we come!

bouncyblue.gif

ictscarf.gif

With 29 games to go its a bit soon to be counting chickens........................but I do admire your optimism

• Agree 1

Hasn't been mentioned yet but for anyone who was at the game yesterday the Hamill challenge on Nick Ross (i think) could have easily been more than a yellow. Ross was keeping the ball in the corner when Hamill ran in with no intentions of going for the ball with studs showing and took both legs away... right in front of us as well!

The Hamill 'challenge' should have been straight red imo. He made no attempt for the ball. Very good game.. Killie were pushing us in the 2nd half and we were on the ropes for a wee period but i think we just shaded it - although happy to see full time whistle.. Killie fans moaning bout the penalty. It looked clear penalty to me. Duffers was my MOTM. Bring on the Rangers!

:ictscarf:

Well - here is the match report - it is from a wee notebook that fell out of Mary Hills' handbag as he fell asleep in the Horseshoe last nite :nanananana:

Well that was another fine Caley Away day with Terry and Mo which started on the chimes of 11 in Central Station and ended in the Govan Hilton after yet another stunning performance of "Father and Son" in the Lesbian Karaoke - apparently I am now known as Mr Keating Senior in Govan.

Was nice to see Mann4theJob joining the MOB and joining in with the drinking, the singing and the DANCING - wait till Johnboy reads this !! And the Rescue Mission to the Tink just added to the joy of the day.

We talked to some FanniesKilmarnock supporters in Fanny's and they all appeared to be under the impression that they were robbed - My summary of the game was that we defended really well and were always looking to be the more likely to score on the break - even when it was 2-1. It was a similiar last 15 minutes to the Midden game and - of course we were biting our nails - but it really could have ended up as 3-1 rather than 2-2. If Killie have a good look at themselves they created chances but blew the feckin lot of them - it was'nt down to Lady Luck - their finishing was atrocious - in fact thier last ball was atrocious and they did nowt in the last third. We took both our chances and that is what wins football games. At the death we deserved to get the three points and they did'nt. I would go as far as saying that we werent at our best but were good enuff on the day.

As fer the goals - it WAS a penalty - but the Killie fans were shouting that they had a free kick in the run up and they were also claiming that Rooney was offside - only the highlights will sort that out - and as fer the second - well Wright made a Jimmy Zadi - esque mess of it but Hayes did exceptionally well and tucked it away in the bottom corner.

I am also surprised that nobody mentioned Ryan Esson as I though that he was outstanding again - BUT wait till ya feckin see who got my MOM.

The first 45 minutes was even stevens but I felt that we edged it - Duncan fluffed a half chance after a Hayes mazy run, a Rooney cross *** shot could have gone in - and did'nt he take the penalty well - and then Joe Pascali blew a great chance in the dying moments of the first half - and to me that summed the poor Killie performance up.

They unsurprisingly came out with a vengeance in the second half - they again missed a couple of good chances but I feel that you have to give credit to Esson who did enuff to put them off - Have to say I thought that Shinnie handled and a penalty could be given - and I am not sure whether the ref played advantage and Killie blew it, Esson parried and Shinnie cleared off the line. When Hayes scored we sat back - understandably - but I would echo that although they scored we were the better team - will have to watch the highlights but where were the central defenders fer the goal.

ESSON :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Personally I would go as far as saying that he is one of the main reasons for our away form - he doesnt always get the credit for his postional work and/or his attacking urgency.

DUFF :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Born to be a right back, even though he may prefer to be a midfielder - adds that touch of calmness and solidity to the back four - and he can play a ball to boot.

TOKELY :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Quietly effective - no nonsense but still feel that we need an experienced centre half. Rosscoe's positioning at times is still the full back mentality but he evidently makes up fer it in determination and committment.

MUNRO :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Quietly effective as well but he is a central defender and covers well fer Rosscoe as he doesnt have to worry too much over both the full backs.

SHINNIE :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Once again gave us a no nonsense performance and held his own - he survived despite being tactically "targetted" by Killie - especially in the case of the overlapping Hamill - but Shinnie more than stood his ground. Shame fer the lad but I think that Gillet will be back in when he is fit but we have unearthed yet another fine SPL compliant, local squad player.

HAYES :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: He does som wonderful things and catches the eye - if he could learn how to put in a consistent 90 minute perfomance he could be a real classy individual - but he makes up for that with his tanner ba wing style and defenders must quake when he runs at them.

ROSS :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Appeared to change his position and role on 3-4 occasions - this possibly deflected from his performance but he was tireless - As per Shinnie he may be warming the bench again when Cox returns but he waont let us down.

DUNCAN :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Welcome back Russeldhino - he just simply holds the central area and must be a real influence on all around him.

FORAN :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Quieter than usual but he appeared to be swopping with Ross a few times - I feel he is far more effective when playing wide left and he is not as good in central midfield - but I suspect that TB is becoming more confident in playing Ross.

ERIC :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Yes he is my MOM - it could have been a toss up between 3-4 yesterday but Eric is the most improved player this season. His workrate and even his harrassing was excellent yesterday and he ran himself in to the ground. :thumbup:

ROONEY :bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue::bouncyblue: Scored the penalty, ran the lone striker role well and his hold up play is as good as anybody. he was the focus of the "IHE watch" yesterday and I would say that if he improved in his movement up front then he will progress further. He can be a touch lackadaisical at times - mainly when he is not involved - and if he learned how to pull defenders out then he would be ACE.

MORRISON / SUTHERLAND - one to replace the tiring Eric and one to eat up time but who could have predicted - apart from my good self of course - that we would end a game beating Killie 2-1 away from home with Shinnie, Ross, Morrison and Sutherland all on the pitch at full time.

TERRY AND MO - probaly got the tactics just right yesterday and a better team selection.

STEWARDING - Excellent - no bother at all.

AWAY SUPPORT - excellent as ever but a wee round of applause for a very brave Iain Coia - must have taken some strength to get there yesterday and bury a few hatchets - if it is any impetus to carry on supporting ICT - I fer one felt that Ali was standing there beside him and always will be.

• Agree 4

Having just watched the highlights it wasnt a free kick when Duff won the ball in his own half and Rooney wasnt offside and although Duncan clearly went for the penalty there clearly was some contact. It wasnt clear about the claimed Shinnie hand ball but only one Killie player shouted for it.

Duff was giving Tokely pelters fer their goal and lets hope Johnny Hayes crosses himself when he scores at Castle Greyskull. :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

Yeah.... great report IHE. Good that you were allowed to see out the entire match.

Pleased to read your comments on Eric.... He hardly got a mention on the radio commentary.

I don't agree that Nick Ross will be warming the bench when Cox returns - just about the last man I'd take out that team just now.

Killie had more posession but the highlights did not do us justice. Usual BBC pish! Cant believe Hamills 'challenge' didn't get in.

Why would they show a yellow card incident? Fair enough anyone who was there (myself included!) thought it should have been a red, and I was convinced Hammil was off when the ref went to his pocket. But the ref thought it was a yellow and gave a yellow; no post match discipline procedures can be brought.

Typical! BBC highlights nearly all Killie. BBC, please note ICT were there, won the game, and so was I and a good few other ICT vocal fans to confirm that there were more moments that could and should have been shown. The tv highlights are so biased, I am just glad I can see the "highlights" on computer and don't need to wait for the last few minutes of Monday night's tv show.

ps Very disappointed I didnt meet up with Johndo yesterday (why?) and didnt get a hug - do hope to meet up at Ibrox, it'll be my highlight of the day as I dislike Ibrox with a passion no matter the score (just hope we win and upset the so-and-so's).