John Robertson

RossP

Don't sell your house up here yet though, there could be another managerial vacancy arising soon at Dingwall.

I don't think he'll be rushing back to that job!

It's a real shame that Robbo has had to drop so far to get back into management, he should be in Div 1. Best of luck to him, he deserves success, and its also a very good move by East Fife.

Suppose this means his dulcet tones and sensible observations will not be gracing 'Open all Mics' on Saturdays. He had a great contribution last weekend when he informed Chico that Skacel WILL SCORE from this free kick...hoof, goal! Cue Chick greeting...and much hilarity from the other commentators!

Good luck JR.

I definitely wish Robbo all the best at East Fife, and will be looking for the results now. Am also sure it is just the first step back into a bigger job somewhere down the line (no disrespect intended to EF).

Kinda sad he will now be absent from OAM though .... suggested in an email to him a couple of weeks back that maybe he could persuade his bosses to swap him and Brian Irvine around some weeks at the TCS so we didnt feel suicidal every single week listening to the Irvine Monotone.

Good luck Robbo, you know we all mean it !

It's a real shame that Robbo has had to drop so far to get back into management, he should be in Div 1. Best of luck to him, he deserves success, and its also a very good move by East Fife.

I get the feeling it was more a case of him waiting on a job that felt right for him.

He's had to suffer a lot of crap that was outwith his control during his managerial career and it would be no surprise if he just wanted to ease himself back in at this level as opposed to being forced to do it to get back into management.

Great guy and I shall be listening out for the East Fife scores to see how things go from now on.

thats a good deal for east fife he was brilliant with us. but went downhill from there lets hope he's back manageing in the spl soon enough

Everybody goes downhill when they leave here.....

I hope Robbo will come on to this thread to say his farewells.

thats a good deal for east fife he was brilliant with us. but went downhill from there lets hope he's back manageing in the spl soon enough

I wouldnt say he went downhill so much as he became victim of circumstance. His first season at Hearts seen them in two cup semi's, a run in europe and fifth in the league. Romanov came in and Robbo refused to be his puppet. Ross County seen him have differences of opinion with the chairman and he left. Livingston was a hopeless cause and no manager has been able to resurrect them. He took Derry City out of the relegation zone and won a League of Ireland trophy. Once again circumstance played a part in that they were taken over by a new owner who wanted Stephen Kenny in charge. All in all, he may not have reached the glory of winning a league since leaving us but he hasn't actually done too bad.

• Agree 1

East Fife are very much a yo yo club between the 3rd and 2nd divisions so it will be interesting to see how well Robertson can do with them. This season i'm guessing they'll just want to stay clear of relegation and maybe get to a scottish cup final. Next year possibly the playoffs.

Good luck to Robbo. I have a lot of time for him. I can honestly say....even as a player...he came across as a likeable individual. so...hope all goes well and leads to bigger and better things for him (no disrespect to E Fife!)

I my younger days I watched many a good game at Methil . Bayview park is possibly not the most salubrious setting in Scotland and it was coal that kept the town alive. But , if he works hard, there is no reason why he cannot make a success of it there.

The only fear that I have is that there may not be the funds available for him to do a bit of buying of players but we certainly all wish him well and it would be wonderful to see this once high and mighty club (once they were the top team in Scotland and were in great demand for exhibition matches; so much so that playing too many games in England exhausted the players and that started the decline of the illustrious Fifers)climb back up the ranks of fine clubs in Scotland.

Very best of luck Mr Robertson.

If you come to a place where you are thinking about buying a wee house in Methil try Bowling Green Street because there are some nice stone-built bungalows on that street but maybe it has all been bulldozed now.

I lived in the very end house at the East end of that street and it was our first house.

I can mind going to Methil several years ago to watch a cup-tie against Dunfermline.

At one point in the first half the ball clattered on to the roof of the main stand. I was puzzled when all the local supporters instinctively covered their heads with their hands. I couldn't understand it, but eventually the penny dropped when everything (and everybody) in that stand became covered in a fine red/brown layer of rust.

Happy days...

Bayview Park isn't there any longer Scarlet. We played once at New Bayview the year we got promoted from div 2 and threw it away, gifting them a couple of goals and losing 3-2 after leading 2-1.

Does anybody else remember the night we won on pens at Bayview in the Scottish? We were in div 3 and they were in 2. They dominated us for most of the game and a certain cocky player manager took himself off with 15 mins remaining, thinking the game was won.

Cue Alan Hercher with a last minute equaliser.