St Johnstone v Celtic

Johnboy

Guest Mahonio

Celtic 3 up after 13 minutes - totally destroying the Saints and demonstrating once again the huge gulf between the top two and the rest.

Doesn't really auger well for Saturday.

This just proves that i was 100% wrong to start that thread after last round. This is virtually Saints' 1st team whereas we had a 2nd string team out.

I actually think Johnboy, that this might inspire Saints for Sat to make sure they don't get hammered again but if i was Deek, i would work on defending a bit better.

St Johnstone absolutely bombarded the celtic box. unlucky not to score again in the second half however celtic passed up two very good chances themselves. Loovens was horrendous and Forster pulled of a wonder save in the last minute to keep it at 2-3

Incidently celtic had a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside. i wonder if st johnstone had gone through would that decision have led to calls for sacking, flogging or jail??

Celtic 3 up after 13 minutes - totally destroying the Saints and demonstrating once again the huge gulf between the top two and the rest.

Doesn't really auger well for Saturday.

Having watched more than 18 minutes of the game before commenting I dont see any huge gulf between the top two and the rest. What I did see, however, was another display where a team got cocky and nearly blew it. St Johnston took a bit of time to get going and found themselves three down very quick. They did manage to regroup and they did manage to break down what was a pretty poor Celtic defence and they were very unlucky not to have managed the equaliser.

Shocking performance in the second half by Celtic. Loovens wouldn't get into the ICT team. The Saints had a fantastic second half.

I'm not going to get into how many decisions have gone against Celtic recently.. But, that decision yesterday was shocking.

Still. ******* *****, Celtic.