Mark McGhee has been Sacked .....

MissICT

According to <sources> McGhee has been sacked by Aberdeen Fc.

THIS WILL BE OFFICIAL AT 3/4 TODAY

Edited by Scotty
removing the accreditation of this 'story' to a national media organisation as it is clear that they have not said this .... yet. Maybe later !!!!

Im startting to doubt it :thumbdown:

The club are going to issue a statement later on today. What you've said at the top of the thread may very well turn out to be true.

Right now McGhee is still the manager - at least for a few more hours!

I haven't head it anywhere am just going on his word!

Please do NOT attribute statements to <sources> which you have not confirmed directly to have come from that source! On the evidence you have, you can say no more than "my mate has texted me claiming that McGhee has been sacked."

Please restrict yourself to the evidence you have and do NOT attribute unconfirmed statements to responsible media organisations. By the way... was this the same mate who texted you the other week with information which also led you to cause untold confusion?

Edited by Scotty
removing the same <sources> quoted in the original post as it is clear they have not yet run with this story.
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

If the Board are wise, they'll keep McGhee on until the weekend. Rangers are bound to beat Aberdeen (I know the old story about 4 times a year but look at the stats - they've taken more points of Celtic than Rangers). A new manager coming in to get horsed straight away isn't great. Milne should let him have a further doomed match before changing, with some chance of opening the new manager's account with a result at home to St J.

I have removed the accreditation of the source of this story as it is quite clear from Charles' reaction that his colleagues have not (yet) run with this story. Rampant speculation may be doing the rounds and it may be confirmed - or not - later today that it is indeed true, but at the time of posting the story was not true and the source credited had not made such a statement.

For what it is worth - using the NewsNow feeds of reliable and sometimes not so reliable sources - it would appear that Willie Miller, Billy Stark, and even Paul Hartley are names touted to take over immediately ...... I guess we will watch it unfold later. Havent seen Strachan's name mentioned yet though !!!!

Please do NOT attribute statements to <sources> which you have not confirmed directly to have come from that source! On the evidence you have, you can say no more than "my mate has texted me claiming that McGhee has been sacked."

Please restrict yourself to the evidence you have and do NOT attribute unconfirmed statements to responsible media organisations. By the way... was this the same mate who texted you the other week with information which also led you to cause untold confusion?

Not as if <sources> don't speculate and pass off hints and maybes or gossip!

Edited by skifreak

They want jimmy back.

Think you need to re-read that .... Where does it say anything about Jimmy Calderwood ?? Certainly not in the link I posted that you re-quoted. The Calderwood mentioned is COLIN who beat Billy Stark to the Hibs post.

Can't see Strachan wanting a return to Scottish football. Adams is the antithesis of Calderwood. Poor in the league, good in the cup. Doesn't sound great to me. I can't believe how much Dons fans complain about Jimmy Calderwood. Even today, someone was asking what McGhee could have done with Calderwood's budget. Probably no better than a regular 3rd or 4th place, plus a good run in Europe. Some don't know when they're well off.

Stark's not done much at club level before. Don't see what he would add. Jocky Scott could well be a decent shout, however, and I've not heard the name suggested, but former Pittodrie assistant manager, Archie Knox might well fancy a crack. Surely, with his track record, someone must have checked him out?

They want jimmy back.

Think you need to re-read that .... Where does it say anything about Jimmy Calderwood ?? Certainly not in the link I posted that you re-quoted. The Calderwood mentioned is COLIN who beat Billy Stark to the Hibs post.

On the radio. Don't even see why they even sacked him tbh =/.

Not as if <sources> don't speculate and pass off hints and maybes, or indeed on other matters put out factually inaccurate nonsense about stuff they haven't researched and have no idea about.

I agree entirely ... that happens all the time ....

News reporters, players, 'insiders' etc tell friends 'in confidence' who tell other friends 'in confidence' and eventually, before a story has officially broken it is all over the internet. In other scenarios, lazy journalists dont always research their stories that well and troll various fan forums for rumours they can take just like this one and state it as fact and it snowballs from there .... and of course there is also the classic one where agents put out a bullshit story about this or that club being interested in a player to drum up the actual interest in the first place.

You have to sift through a fair amount of **** on the Internet to get to the real stories, but they are out there and it would not surprise me if the original poster is correct ... she just wasnt correct at the time of posting !

They want jimmy back.

Define 'they' ? Do you mean fans ? Pundits ? or Aberdeen Football Club who havent officially sacked their current manager yet ?

In fairness to miss ICT I did hear a Don say "we (Aberdeen) were better off under Tangoman" I don't have a txt to that effect but I'm sure I can get one, and they were better off with him ;-)

They want jimmy back.

Define 'they' ? Do you mean fans ? Pundits ? or Aberdeen Football Club who havent officially sacked their current manager yet ?

Fans...

I'm can't say anything right today :getmecoat:

Edited by MissICT

Stop the press, I will copy n paste a dons response to jimmy or terry taking over...

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

MY Friend. Highly doubt butcher will make the shortlist, just far to much of a hun at the end of the day14 hours ago ? Like ? Delete

Legend.That's what killed old jimmy n let's face it, tango man wasnt that bad really, he could get that diamond clown to play...;-)14 hours ago ? Like ? Delete

My Friend. I dont think it helped jimmys case in the weeji hun stakes that when lafferty fell down clutching his face at ibrox after the game JC said "big kyle, he's an honest player" but ultimately what did for calderwood was out of cups to lower league oppostion 3 years in a row one of which to a 3rd division part time side. As for Zander he's doing a mulgrew. Wants away and his contract is up at the end of the season so he doesnt care.14 hours ago ? Like ? Delete