Split from shop thread

Morgan Spice

Why do certain moderators waste their time using virtual bullying tactics on Dougal. If you don't want to answer his questions or think he is taking the mickey just ignore him! Every thread that he has posted on pretty much has certain moderators trying to stir things up and this encourages others to have a go at him. It's this kind of mob mentality that makes me not want to post on here most of the time.

If he is genuine he doesnt need some halfwits with thousands of posts under their name and who also hold moderator status belittling him for coming onto a forum where discussion is meant to be encouraged. Just because you have heard it all before and you have time to go rummaging through archive folders that you probably helped create doesnt mean the rest of us do!

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 6

Where do you think he's been for thelast 16 years?

He could have given his credibility a chance by putting all his questions into one thread instead of adding a new one every couple of days. I'm not sure but I think I may know him and if I'm right he'll actually be getting off upsetting people on an internet forum. If I'm wrong I apologise, if I'm right then he looks like a feminist lesbian but with bigger moobs and loves Andy Murray (not) :nanananana:

• Agree 1

Hmmm my point isn't so much to do with Dougal himself I couldnt care less if he was taking the mickey or not it's the fact the moderators don't have any proof either way. We would get somebody on the moderator team telling me to pack it in if I constantly went on threads belittling a user because I have a dislike towards them but for some reason it is different here.

Can we try and keep this thread on topic.

If anyone has an issue with anything said or done by a Moderator then they should report it in the exact same manner as they would anything else and not use the public forums, especially threads on other topics, to air their issues.

Why do certain moderators waste their time using virtual bullying tactics on Dougal. If you don't want to answer his questions or think he is taking the mickey just ignore him! Every thread that he has posted on pretty much has certain moderators trying to stir things up and this encourages others to have a go at him. It's this kind of mob mentality that makes me not want to post on here most of the time.

If he is genuine he doesnt need some halfwits with thousands of posts under their name and who also hold moderator status belittling him for coming onto a forum where discussion is meant to be encouraged. Just because you have heard it all before and you have time to go rummaging through archive folders that you probably helped create doesnt mean the rest of us do!

Its simply the case that the more experienced posters (whether mod or not) can spot an anti-merger wind up merchant from miles away and have made him aware that he's been rumbled.

Anyone who stays within the rules and starts interesting and sensible debates is very welcome.

Yeah but this happens all the time. My point was if everybody thought this guy Dougal was a joke nobody would reply to it. Clearly not everybody does so why is it tolerable for mods to be ridiculing him? Its a general question that shouldnt have to be answered privately I'm sorry it's taken the thread off topic but I can guarantee that any other threads this guy contributes to (if he does again I'm not sure he will after the welcome he has had) will go down the same route of why do you not know this already.

If thats the case Yngwie why has said person not been privately mailed and banned if he doesnt listen? I find it unacceptable in any form for somebody to be ridiculed for asking what seems a sensible question and mod status doesnt exempt you from that whether you are experienced or not. Remember using a computer is different from meeting in person. Behind a keyboard you can be anybody. There could be a number of sensitive issues like mental illness that prevent the op from traversing the archives etc. Maybe they are a pensioner with very little knowledge of the internet. Who knows and quite frankly it's none of our business. I just feel this does little to encourage new and some current users to participate in any discussion.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Morgan Spice

If you want to discuss this please do it in the appropriate place. Hijacking someone else's thread is not the place.

If you find a particular comment or posting offends you, report it along with the reasoning and the moderator team will discuss it, make a ruling, and respond to you. If the complaint is about a moderator, they will still discuss it but that moderator will not have a say in the final outcome. If you wish to make a further comment on it after that, then you should email or PM the senior mods via the board functions for doing so and ultimately, if we have to, myself and CaleyD will also become involved.

Good post

I agree, take last night for instance a mod basically posted on every thread i started at the same time in a failed attempt to get me to bite but also to stir things up :annoyed:

I would also like to know which mod damaged my reputation by -20 in one swoop??

As far as i know i have broken NO rules and i most certainly have had no warnings or tickings off

Anyway back on topic;

I actually fully agree on-line shopping is the way forward so i applaud the club for getting this operation up and going

It will be important however that the merchandise must be off good quality with a good selection of items

dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

Good post

I agree, take last night for instance a mod basically posted on every thread i started at the same time in a failed attempt to get me to bite but also to stir things up :annoyed:

I would also like to know which mod (extra space here) damaged my reputation by -20 in one swoop??

As far as i know i have broken NO rules and i most certainly have had no warnings or tickings off.

Anyway back on topic;

I actually fully agree on-line shopping is the way forward so i applaud the club for getting this operation up and going.

It will be important however that the merchandise must be off good quality with a good selection of items.

dougal

Have a Red Dot for bad spelling & punctuation!

Also, you dont have to type your name at the bottom of every post - It says at the side who posted......

Edited by TinRoofMan
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 6

Guest Mahonio

Good post

I would also like to know which mod (extra space here) damaged my reputation by -20 in one swoop??

As far as i know i have broken NO rules and i most certainly have had no warnings or tickings off.

Anyway back on topic;

I actually fully agree on-line shopping is the way forward so i applaud the club for getting this operation up and going.

It will be important however that the merchandise must be off good quality with a good selection of items.

dougal

Have a Red Dot for bad spelling & punctuation!

Also, you dont have to type your name at the bottom of every post - It says at the side who posted......

Oh come on TinRoofMan, don't you think that is harsh, some people do have problems with spelling, they don't do it deliberately, by the way, i didn't give you that red dot, i try not to give out red dots if i can :wink:.

Automatically generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Thread closed in line with forum policy of not discussion complaints about site operation/decisions in the open forum.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and the moderator team will review it.