Team for Aberdeen

TSTtiger

The Washington Whips will be a hard team to beat and I reckon it' time to dump the 4-5-1, so I'd go with -

Esson

Tokely Innes Munro Shinnie

Duncan

Ross-------------------------------Hayes

Sanchez

Rooney Foran

Subs - Tuffey, Sutherland, Proctor, McBain, Gillet*, Blumenshtein/Duff, Odhiambo

* - If Gillet is still out, Golabek comes in.

Edited by Renegade

Thought distribution from the back was woeful, missed out midfield every time. Chris Innes was really disappointing and Duff should def drop back into right back. Rooney was totally isolated as Ritchie Foran chases the ball too much. He seems to feel he needs to be invloved in everything. Dont think he should be dropped as he has a great presence about him. Id go with same as Renegade but replace Innes with Duff at right back. Tel doesn't do 4-4-2 tho.

Guest Mahonio

Esson

Duff, Tokely, Munro, Shinnie

Duncan, Cox

Hayes, Sanchez, Ross

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Innes, Proctor, McBain, Odhiambo, Foran and Sutherland.

Esson

Duff. Tokely. Munro. Shinnie

Hayes, Duncan, Ross, Odhiambo/Blumenshtein(final chance for 1 of them to impress)

Foran, Sutherland

Maybe some time on the bench will get Rooney's mind back on the job in hand, ie; playing and scoring for ICT

But, hey, what do I know? :shrug:

Esson

Duff Tokely Munro Shinnie

Duncan Ross

Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney

However I think he will play Innes instead of Duncan, put Tokely to RB and Duff along side Ross.

Edited by JohnnyHayesMessiah

Completely agree with Renegade, persistently starting 4-5-1 at home is absolutely dire and doing nothing for us. Especially when the lone striker is playing with his head up his @rse at the moment. Simply has to be ditched, especially with Hayes back providing the service, and Sanchez proving he's more than capable of hitting the back of the net given a chance. I'd go:

Esson

Duncan

Hayes - - - - - Ross

Foran

Sanchez Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, Innes, McBain, Cox, Odhiambo, Sutherland

Interesting to see a few calling for Foran to be dropped.. Lazy donut factor coming into play here maybe?

Yet he has shown he's capable of scoring a few goals for us, and is the captain after all (not that I see that as a reason not to drop somebody). When he came on at HT against St J's he made a HUGE difference for us and was arguably our best outfield player on the park. He seems ineffective as a winger as he doesn't track back an awful lot, and the constant berating of Shinnie in every game can't be doing the young lad any favours. So I would have him in an attacking midfield role. This way he doesnt have to do much running to support the defence, and could still do the business for us in attack.

Duncan coming back in to shore up the midfield is a no-brainer, and in the 10-15 mins he did get yesterday Hayes showed us the little spark we've missed from him in attack.. Great to have ya back wee man. Odhiambo being the obvious choice to make way.

Edited by ICTFCkev
  • Agree 1

Esson

Duff. Tokely. Munro. Shinnie

Hayes, Duncan, Ross, Odhiambo/Blumenshtein(final chance for 1 of them to impress)

Foran, Sutherland

Maybe some time on the bench will get Rooney's mind back on the job in hand, ie; playing and scoring for ICT

But, hey, what do I know? :shrug:

blumenshtein hasnt had a chance tbh he's been injured and has had 1 competetive start its gonna take a few consecutive start for him to realy show us his potential

I agree as well about getting rid of the 4-5-1 at home, I was an adversary of it but have to concede it hasn't worked up until now, not at home anyway and teams know how to play us now. Our wingers get dragged back far too much and Rooney's gets left isolated, when the ball is played long he can't get to it and when he does there is no one there to support him.

I'd go for the following:

Esson

Hayes Ross Duncan Foran

Rooney Sanchez

Having Sanchez up with Rooney would mean he could come deeper to link up the play and provide the service to Rooney along with adding that extra bit of attacking presence we desperately need, also means Foran wouldn't feel like he needed to do everything and he could concentrate on staying on the left hand side. The other option is the following:

Esson

Ross Sanchez Duncan Hayes

Rooney Foran

Width and speed with Ross and Hayes on their natural sides, Duncan sitting in midfield picking up the ball starting the play and Sanchez linking, Rooney gets supply from the ever hard working Foran and lets him roam in front of the midfield and get involved like he wants to so much.

Sadly I don't think we will play either way but nice to play manager for a bit haha.

Most probably we'll see 4-2-3-1 again

Esson

Tokely Malpas Butcher Shinnie

Robson Black McBain Wilson

Dargo Rooney

That would be cool.

Malpas at centre half? MALPAS AT CENTRE HALF?! This is just so typical of the sort of armchair boo boys that come on here and try to tell the manager how to pick a team and pick holes when he's just doing an honest job, and then they go and make fundamental errors like this. It sickens me. It really does.

• Agree 2

Esson

Tokely Malpas Butcher Shinnie

Robson Black McBain Wilson

Dargo Rooney

That would be cool.

Malpas at centre half? MALPAS AT CENTRE HALF?! This is just so typical of the sort of armchair boo boys that come on here and try to tell the manager how to pick a team and pick holes when he's just doing an honest job, and then they go and make fundamental errors like this. It sickens me. It really does.

It sickened me to think Tokely could play centre half....and yet he can, just as well as superman. This then proves my theory that ROSSCOE IS SUPERMAN

:lol: