merged : 6th Round (QF) draw

tm4tj

I was too busy concentrating on the build up to the draw that I hadn't been looking at the forum at that point.............didn't actually expect someone to cheat like that anyway. Back to topic.....now that our chance of a european place as runners up in the cup is gone we need to really dig in and drive for fourth in league.

Our best chance of europe is winning the cup. If we beat Rangers or Celtic then we should count ourselfs as favourites for the cup.

In my mind good draw both financially for the club - large crowd, tv money (hopefully) and at least qf appearance money - and a real chance to turn one of them over. Replay not until March so plenty of time to get in stride for this one. At least there won't be an outpouring of great expectation by the masses if for example we had been drawn against the likes of St.Johnstone and then gone out with the usual backlash of disbelief. I really think we can take them whoever it is. Bring it on.

I believe ....we are going to win the cup!

With Doran and Hayes on the flanks - Foran and Rooney up front we definitely have an attacking force to be reckoned with.

Defensively I think Hogg will turn out to be a massive signing for us. The cup is

ours!!! BELIEVE!

Edited by Wilsononourwing
  • Agree 3

Feeling more optimistic about this as the day goes on. Lets face it, we love being underdogs! And the fact we have took points off both the old firm this season, there is no reason why we cant beat them on our day.:ictscarf:

Am I correct in saying that it took a last minute goal from a guy with a very long name to put us out of the qaurter finals a few years ago ?

Miller isn't that long a sername!

Jan Venegoor of Hesselink scored a last minute winner a few weeks before the cup tie, then Pressley and Miller scored two late goals after Bayne had put us ahead in that horrible cup game.

Am I correct in saying that it took a last minute goal from a guy with a very long name to put us out of the qaurter finals a few years ago ?

Since coming to SPL in 04 we've only reached the QF once and were put out then by a Finnegan penalty for Falkirk in 08/09.

This may be an unconscious defence mechanism but I would prefer to have one of the Old Filth at this stage as I dont think that we would beat them at Hampden and we are better when we are up against it. Win this one and there is no reason why we cant go all the way.

Plus such a draw on the seers birthday just shouts good fortune

• Agree 1

Jan Venegoor of Hesselink scored a last minute winner a few weeks before the cup tie, then Pressley and Miller scored two late goals after Bayne had put us ahead in that horrible cup game.

Pressely and Miller was Round 5 of the cup. We were 1-0 up till the 88th minute when Pressely equalised. In extra time Miller got the winner. The league game a few weeks before that Riordon took the lead for Celtic in 37. Bayne equalised in 57 and Vinegar got the winner in about the 4th minute of injury time.

Pressely and Miller was Round 5 of the cup. We were 1-0 up till the 88th minute when Pressely equalised. In extra time Miller got the winner. The league game a few weeks before that Riordon took the lead for Celtic in 37. Bayne equalised in 57 and Vinegar got the winner in about the 4th minute of injury time.

Im pretty sure it was the quarter final they beat us in .

You didn't snnely edit your post there to take out the bit about us not getting to the quarter out did you!!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio
  • Disagree 1

Since coming to SPL in 04 we've only reached the QF once and were put out then by a Finnegan penalty for Falkirk in 08/09.

I'm 100% sure it was the QF Celtic beat us in, making it 2 since we've come to the SPL

Edited by Iain

I'm 100% sure it was the QF Celtic beat us in, making it 2 since we've come to the SPL

The details can be found HERE so unless our statisticians have got it wrong then its clearly the fifth round.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
sp?

This may be an unconscious defense mechanism but I would prefer to have one of the Old Filth at this stage as I dont think that we would beat them at Hampden and we are better when we are up against it. Win this one and there is no reason why we cant go all the way.

Plus such a draw on the seers birthday just shouts good fortune

I like that train of thought, we have kind of ruined it really for the winner of the old firm game, knowing that the winner has to travel up to the dreaded Highlands and play us in our homeland.

To add my tuppensworth in I'm convinced we were in the quarter final when Miller scored the injury time winner against us, but the argument may well be resolved as Yngwie's just said that the quarter final is the 5th round.

So we have in fact made it to this stage twice since '04.

Edited by martinskye

You're forgetting than an extra round was added when all the extra non-league/junior teams got invited into the tournament. SPL teams used to enter in the 3rd round, now it is the 4th. The QF is now the 6th round but used to be the 5th.

2006/07 cup results

Think we have our wires crossed, I now see you were mentioning a cup game a few years ago, where my point of reference was our fixture list for this season.

Draw in Inverness then a bumper pay day for thr club in Glasgow.

A win in Glasgow in the return match and another bumper crowd at the semi-final game. Then a win at Hampden before a capacity crowd, mostly dressed in blue and red.

Thoroughly deserved and DEFINITELY DOABLE.

:bouncyblue:

From a commercial point of view I would prefer Rangers as we are playing Celtic in the league at the beginning of April.

We will hopefully get a sell out crowd and a televised game, although if you have to draw the old firm there's obviously much more money in an away tie, but I think we can win at home and progress to Hampden.

Only nightmare is the fact that the replay isn't until 2nd March and the game is on 12th/13th March, doesn't give us much time to turn it around - but BRING IT ON !! :ictscarf:

Time to bring back the 'I believe' campaign :bouncyblue::bouncyred:

Has anyone come across the "Its a Fix" line on out Draw? Surly if it was a Fix then non of the old firm like coming to us.. Its a Draw witnessed by a good few so surly unless its Paul Mackenna then its not possible to fix it..