ICT 5 - 2 Arbroath

caley_donkey

We will be working to add the match reports from ALL competitive games into our stats software over the coming months and we have made a start on the 1994/95 season.

If you go to FOOTY FOCUS > Fixtures/Reports and then select the relevant season from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen you can see the match report, lineups etc.  :021:

Just like the Thistle stand about a year later, Daisy Ross might have been on fire that day (August 12th 1994) but I'm afraid he wasn't playing for Caley Thistle. He was one of Pele's earlier signings, so didn't arrtive until the autumn of 1995.

The CT team against Arbroath was -  MacRitchie, Brennan, MacAllister, Noble, Scott, Andrew Lisle (D. MacDonald), MacKenzie, Hercher, Bennett (Smart), Robertson.

For the record, Hercher's hat trick in the first half was scored in a period of 19 minutes.

Daisy Ross might have been on fire that day (August 12th 1994) but I'm afraid he wasn't playing for Caley Thistle.

Ooops. I'm sure there was some tricky winger on form that day supplying the crosses for Hercher and causing havoc in general. Mind you, it was 12 years ago and was only a kid.

That would possibly be Wilson Robertson, deadly down the right.

Wilson has the distinction of having scored the last ever goal for Caley (at Huntly in May 1994) and the first competitive one for Caley Thistle (away to East Stirlingshire in August 1994). He also scored the goal at Kingsmills which effectively secured Caley's last ever Highland League title in April 1994.

It was good to see him at the reunion of Caley Golden Oldies (Billy urquhart, Alan Hercher, Mikey Noble, kevin Mann etc...) in the ICT Ssocial club a few months aho.

Come off it Charles, Wilsie's right foot was for standing on  :001:

And though it's painful to admit it, Caley last won the league in 88!

That game against Arbroath was a historic day for the Sneck though. Proud to be one of the 1700 souls there. Herchie's goals all came from corners, 2 from Bennett and the other from Scott.

BTW about the reunion, I've got some pics from Peter Paul which I really must put up on the site- will try to get on the case.

Remember it well.. looked at the highlights just last week on DVD, sorry for being picky, but it was Caledonian Thistle not ICT.

True. And how did you get the highlights on DVD?

I was given a DVD with the highlights of the merger and early CT and ICT games.

Aye Charles- old age doesnae come itself  :003: :003: :003: :003:

If you speak nicely to some of these guys on this thread you might find a copy of that DVD finds its way into your hands.....

There's a Caley DVD in the pipeline too (allegedly).